What's the deal with men only being able to be deacons?

Comments

• [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=132;start=30#msg7224 date=1090100792]
    ya, but that is the thing, i don't want to question our beliefs like this, but WHY DID JESUS ONLY CHOOSE MEN???
    It's kind of sexism, i kow its not how you worship and all that but still....

no it's not, it's just as the God planned.

it has nothing to do with sexism, caus in the old testament only the Levites were allowed to be priests, y the levites? it's caus God wants it that way. In the new testament God chose man.
  • Because we're cooler, deal with it.
  • :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

ASM
  • i'm sure mark was just kidding... he cannot deny the coolness of females.. nor would he dare.. lol.. whoever said that Christ only chose men? what about the numerous marys (i think there were three) and martha and mary magdolen (she might be on of the three) and St. Mary herself (i think she's usually counted seperate)... Women were in the upper room when the Holy Spirit descended upon them... Women were there at the Cross... everywhere.. even if not mentioned
  • to answer your question, of course not!
    rather, women's role primarily is to teach the children they bring into this world abotu God and it is the mom's role to make sure her children are daughters and sons of God inall their ways, their hearts, their thoughts.. her duty is to teach.. and her duty also is to be loyal to her husband.. thats y if u see there are many female servants in church.. leaders are the tasonis. but anyways..

about the initial topic.. women cant be deacons because of what they go through at puberty, which is their menstrual cycle.. and its a sign of impurity.. and so they cannot enter the alter or take communion as u all girls know.. or even eat baraka from the lamb.. thats the MAIN reason in our church..

otherwise, women are without a debt such a heavy influence in church of course!! :D
  • interesting info i am sure all the boys wanted to hear about that rite boys? :P :P
  • and im sure everyone is mature here :o

come on move on lol
  • i was kidding :D
  • i wasnt lol ;D
  • wetdreams arent, also when God picked high priests in the old testament to offer sacrafices on behalf of the children of Israel he picked Aaron and his sons, and the men of thewhole tribe of Levi became designated as the tribe which the priests of temple come from
    it was just a sphere of responsibilities, but of course God appointed responsibilities for women as well, just because theyre not deacons or priests doesnt make them less important
    Look at St. Mary she has highest mention among all the humans, and shes a woman, more than all the angels and St. John the Baptist, all the apostles and disciples, all this and a woman has the highest seat out of all the humans so i think we should all look deeper and see what God has in plan for us and what He wants us to be responsible for as far as our roles in the church go
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=132;start=45#msg7290 date=1090133089]
    ya, but boys have like, wetdreams, isn't that kind of like the same thing??

No it's not the same of course, cause the montly period is like a continious process for a limited time, a wetdream is only at the moment. Besides, i heard an interesting reason y girls during the monthly period cannot enter the heikal, it's caus no flowing blood except for the blood of Jesus can be in the heikal. So even when ur having an open wound or something ur not allowed to go in, u should like stop the bleeding or something.
  • I don't know if this was mentioned before but the reason that a girl can't be a deacon or a priest is because of the fact that when the holy spirit came upon the disiples they were all guys, and God told them to spread the word, and there were no females, so that's how it's been passed down.

sleepy
  • i was actually talkin about entering the heikal ;)
  • Yea, that's what I'm talking about. Since the disciples were guys, that tradition of only having guys perform those tasks in the heikiel and such is from them.

sleepy
  • Maybe the monthly thing still had to do with it though, and who cares anyway, it's not like it's goin to change rite?
  • It's not the monthly thing, trust me. I heard a whole lecture about it, and yea, it's not that..lol

And, yea, basically, who cares, it's not changing anytime soon...lol

sleepy
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=132;start=45#msg7309 date=1090187948]
    I don't know if this was mentioned before but the reason that a girl can't be a deacon or a priest is because of the fact that when the holy spirit came upon the disiples they were all guys, and God told them to spread the word, and there were no females, so that's how it's been passed down.

sleepy

thats not true sleepy there were females, St.Mary was there among others
  • Did the holy spirit come upon her with the others, and if so, why didn't she go and preach the word along with the others?

sleepy
  • i heard that some of the Marys did go and preach. I dont know why St.Mary didnt, but i think, big guess, she preached in jersualem. ???
  • Why haven't i heard a thing about this in the bible? I just got done reading acts in the bible and not a word about the marys. ???

sleepy
  • there r stuff from our church traditions, i believe i heard this in a lecture
  • Please let me know...lol

sleepy
  • let u know wat? im lost again. my sn should be lostegprincess. wat do u guys think?
  • I meant that you should let me know about the stuff that you heard in this lecture ;)

sleepy
  • oh, ill try to.
  • Yea, maybe listening to you will bring the "awakeness" to me...lol

sleepy
  • sure why not lostegpricess sounds good :D
  • Pfft....leave my lost friend alone...lol

sleepy
  • spleey i doubt we want to start another fight like the one on flirting on here too ;D
  • I'm not starting anything, I'm defending my friend, so :P
    lol

sleepy