Psalm 150 verses

edited June 2007 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, i was just wondering do you guys say some of the verses in psalm 150 in a high tune and then return to the regular tune for a couple more verses then high again? such as the second and third hooses. Is this question clear? Just wondering.

Comments

• [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5467.msg72755#msg72755 date=1182224938]
    Hey guys, i was just wondering do you guys say some of the verses in psalm 150 in a high tune and then return to the regular tune for a couple more verses then high again? such as the second and third hooses. Is this question clear? Just wondering.

well i think ur talking about the fourth hoos.
    if so...there is a source that does that. maybe a church but not a trustale source.
  • regarding psalm 150....one verse is supposed to be low and one high and it keeps alternating. As for the fourth hoos, the High parts that i remember are the ones that start with "Maroesmo teero." These high parts are well known. As for the second hoos, i dont think there is a specific order of which verses to be said high and which to be said low. I think the third hoos is......one high and one low alternating.

GB
    Tony
  • I am talking about psalm 150 anual during communion
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5467.msg72783#msg72783 date=1182266484]
    I am talking about psalm 150 anual during communion

well yes that is supposed to be said one high one normal as HICS records.
  • thanks guys. i was just wondering because it seemed like we were the only ones doing that and i don't have a recording for psalm 150 because i knew it for a long time and felt i had no need of it.