English Khedmit el Shamas

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, do any of you know about an English Khedmit el Shamas book that is reliable. is the Coptic Hymns book the only Khedmit el Shamas in english and coptic? if you guys know of any other books that are out there please let me know and where i can get them. Thanks

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness,

Comments

• [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5417.msg72214#msg72214 date=1181353889]
    Hey guys, do any of you know about an English Khedmit el Shamas book that is reliable. is the Coptic Hymns book the only Khedmit el Shamas in english and coptic? if you guys know of any other books that are out there please let me know and where i can get them. Thanks

there is one but it's not the best. you're best chance is to wait like everyone for the southern diocese khidmit shamas that is never ending editing. it been about 5 yrs and still not out...atleast not printed according to what i know.
  • do you have any idea (like a ballpark) of when its going to be released. i find the Coptic Hymns book a bit incomplete and is missing some stuff (i believe) it should have. such as all the alter responses. and some different responses that i didn't find in the previous book.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5417.msg72217#msg72217 date=1181365222]
    do you have any idea (like a ballpark) of when its going to be released. i find the Coptic Hymns book a bit incomplete and is missing some stuff (i believe) it should have. such as all the alter responses. and some different responses that i didn't find in the previous book.

the normal alter liturgy response should be in the liturgy book. atleast the ones for the liturgies. other seasonal responses should be in the saparate books of thoses services.

as for the book, i know that it's format is done and biscally it's being edited....atleast for the last 2 yrs. u can find most of it's part on suscopts.org/deacons.