What do u think of this?

13»

Comments

• thats not true that they say thats haram...there are just a few motakhalifeen who say that...

i dont know what church u are in but how u talk it must be hat u are in the worst  one...sorry for saying that...
  • [quote author=Αριψαλιν link=topic=5384.msg72139#msg72139 date=1181230300]
    thats not true that they say thats haram...there are just a few motakhalifeen who say that...

i dont know what church u are in but how u talk it must be hat u are in the worst  one...sorry for saying that...

The Church is the house of God. I don't like to hear taht a church is better than one church, and one church is better than an anotehr.

But, im in a CHurch where the passion week prayers are fixed according to the restaurant opening times, simply because 90% of the congregation work in restaurants: they are mainly illegal immigrants working in France, and these are the jobs they do.

Im sure they are all good people, i don't doubt that, but every problem is because they cannot distinguish betewen what is Egyptian Culture and what is Christian Orthdoxe Values.
  • but as they were born and raised they have that mentality in theire blood...as u will always have ur french mentality in urs...and i my austrian/egyptian mentality
  • They were probably raised to think that it's wrong. My parents think (well my dad) that it's completely wrong to even talk on the phone with guys and my mom doesn't really mind if i hang out with them. I think that is just syco. i just laugh at people who think like that.
  • [quote author=katz903 link=topic=5384.msg72150#msg72150 date=1181242508]
    They were probably raised to think that it's wrong. My parents think (well my dad) that it's completely wrong to even talk on the phone with guys and my mom doesn't really mind if i hang out with them. I think that is just syco. i just laugh at people who think like that.

AMEN. I laugh also... its stupid and immature; and also this.

ITS A GREAT SIGN OF IGNORANCE AND DISRESPECT. Let me explain why:

Let me tell u a small story here. I found myself oneday in Canada. Montreal - Quebec actually. The day i landed, i went out to eat. I went do a street called Saint Catherine's and there , i found a lebanese joint. I looked at the menu, there was a combo meal-deal for 5 dollars: Coke, burger and fries. I said :"OK.. i'll take the $5 menu". I went to pay, and the cashier said "$5,95 please"

I said "Oh, I thought it was just $5.00 ? "
    He said "Yes, but that doesnt include tax".

You see, in Europe, if something says $5, its ONLY $5.00 - Tax is always included.

So, i went quiete, I paid, and I said to myself "Now, im a stranger in this country. I don't know how things work here.... I HAVE TO BE humble.... and learn how life is like in this place. They could be cheating me, but, still ... im NEW"

Now, it turns out that this was a good thing to say to myself and NOT to argue with the cashier simply because ITS CANADA. Tax is added ALWAYS extra and the Full price is never shown.

THese Egyptians come to France, they hang around with Egyptians, they don't speak French, they don't bother mixing with French because they're scared, or don't trust them. Perhaps they don't trust them because they don't trust themselves. Perhaps they don't trust themselves because they got into the country by ILLEGALLY marrying french women, and think "Oh.. well... if they married me illegally, probably all french people are untrustworthy". THey told me this. I met 10 men in 1 week, and 9 out of 10 told me they got married illegally.

Anyway, they don't have the humility to be humble and learn what the culture is here, and what to us AS CHRISTIANS is acceptable. TALKING TO YOUR FIANCE IN THE CHURCH IS NOT HARAM!!!!!!!!!!

• they are egyptians and u wont be able to change them...accept it...go ur way and they go their way....

pp4m
  • u know what vassilios...i can understand u...
  • [quote author=Αριψαλιν link=topic=5384.msg72157#msg72157 date=1181245232]
    they are egyptians and u wont be able to change them...accept it...go ur way and they go their way....

pp4m

You say this Aripsalin, but i don't want to be standing by a CHurch door, waiting for abouna to come back, and have someone tell me to leave again, because a man standing next to a woman bothers him.

What can I do so that doesnt happen - AGAIN!!

• 3aref te 2olo eh....law mesh 3agbag roh masr tany....
    i truely understand u...i  now hav the same problem as u ....i understand u
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

The sad truth, mon ami, is that there is nothing you can do so that this doesn't happen again.  In the future, just simply ignore the fellow or tell him to mind his own business.  As you say, there is nothing wrong with standing in front of the church (or in the church for that matter) with a girl (and she doesn't necessarily have to be your fiancée).  If someone is uncomfortable with it, they can either learn to deal with their discomfort, or move somewhere where they do not see you, and thus alleviate any discomfort they may have.  But on your part, there really is nothing you can do.
  • to hold one thing clear...the church is athe house of prayers...if there will be any troubles caused by anythig it should be forbidden...inside the church...its the house of god...outside do ahtever u want as long as u dont sin
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5384.msg72161#msg72161 date=1181247004]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

The sad truth, mon ami, is that there is nothing you can do so that this doesn't happen again.  In the future, just simply ignore the fellow or tell him to mind his own business.  As you say, there is nothing wrong with standing in front of the church (or in the church for that matter) with a girl (and she doesn't necessarily have to be your fiancée).  If someone is uncomfortable with it, they can either learn to deal with their discomfort, or move somewhere where they do not see you, and thus alleviate any discomfort they may have.  But on your part, there really is nothing you can do.

Hello,
    Thanks Knfoc!!