Kinda Old News but....

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
So this is kinda really old news, but

if you guys remember like a year ago or maybe less, the Bishop of Mehalla EG was removed from his chair
his name was Anba Mettias, i heard different stories concerning his removal some people said that the Pope only removed him and sent him back to the Monastery while others said he was preaching heretical teachings and ended up throwing his "emma" his Bishop's Hat and leaving his positon and possibly the faith?

does anyone know what really happened, it would be great if u guys could help?

Comments

• ive heard of anba mettias but i am unaware of his departure. in saying that, my personal opinion is that eventhough its good to know the truth and find out exactly what happened, i dont think its neccessary to know. the problem is this we all have differernt versions of what happened and only God knows what REALLY happened, so i dont see any point wat so ever in discussing an issue which is none of our concern. this is what disfigures a fathers reputation and none of us enjoy being talked about......so why do it???
  • kinda good answer... why should we know about others persons life?
    the answer is that we all are human beings and kinda interesting in such kind of things....
    i mean its up to them how to deal with such a topic...but ur answer is good and i agree ith u

p4m
  • When Abba Anthony thought about the depth of the judgments of God, he asked, "Lord, how is it that some die when they are young, while others drag on to extreme old age? Why are there those who are poor and those who are rich? Why do wicked men prosper and why are the just in need?" He heard a voice answering him, "Anthony, keep your attention on yourself; these things are according to the judgment of God, and it is not to your advantage to know anything about them.'

thought this would be a good answer

p4m
  • wow..........good point
    like i honeslty would have never looked at it this way
    but just to clear up someting the only reason I asked this questoin
    was cuz i was kinda confused cuz on the Holy Synod website
    it lists his name but when you click on him....it clicks on the Archdiosece
    of Mehalla but doesn't list his name or info or pic
    but wow......you guys defnitley got me looking at this in a totally differnet way
    thanks