negatives of chatting online

edited November 2004 in Faith Issues
hey guys, i was just wondering wut u thought of the negatives of going online, here's a list of thingst that i came up with. If u guys have any more ideas, please post them!
1)   Stalkers
   A) Friends or people that you don’t know can stalk you while you are chatting online.
      *Never give any personal information to anyone online because you never know who is reading your conversation. (Even if your talking to your friends)
2)    Hackers
   A) Hackers can get into your computer while chatting online and get personal information such as passwords, credit card numbers, address, etc. (Hackers can also send a virus to your computer.)
4)    Gossip
   A) Chatting with your friends online can cause you to gossip a lot more, which is a sin.
5)    Hiding information from your parents
   A) Your parents may not see your conversations, therefore they don’t know who your talking to and what your talking about. You may be talking to people they don’t want you talking to, such as the wrong crowd at school.
6)    Cursing
   A) Talking online causes you to curse a lot more freely without even realizing it. You tend to do this because you know no one can hear what you type and only the person on the other line can read it.
      * Cursing online can get the person that you are talking to in more trouble than you think. Their parents or siblings can be behind them and reading the conversation.
7)   Relationships
   A) Talking online can start relationships that you never intended. (You end up hiding these relationships from your parents)
   Addiction
   A) Slowly you become addicted to the computer, internet, chatting etc. that you become farther away from the outside world. You lose your socializing skills because you are constantly talking to people that you never see. You spend less and less time with family and friends(the people that matter most to you)
9)    Lying
   A) When chatting online you may or may not lie more to who ever you are talking to because you know that they can’t hear your voice or see your face.

Comments

• yeah going online too much is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously everyone!! And it can also cause you to see a lot of things that you didn't at first intend to see but with popups and such..... I had to learn a lot of those the hard ways and i used to go online like soooooo much, i really wish my parents stepped in to say something about it but they didn't realize these things either because it was like a few years ago. I go online less now and i don't chat anymore unless its with people i know from school or church or this forum, because chatrooms are just sin sin sin sin and more sin. Not only is going online too much causing you to sin but its causing you to be lazy and less productive and it won't benefit you later in life. So either its not doing anything which is bad because its not doing any good or its doing major harm to you! Getting hobbies and doing good things are just a much better way to live!
  • i agree with cremedelescremes and angelofGOD. Thaskns for satrting this topic :)