verses of cymbals

2»

Comments

• Dear hoserof,
    I am waiting until you make up a table explaining how the proper rites should be. That will help me understand a lot of things.
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • I'll be busy these few days, and next week i'll be in Paris God willing ;D, so it'll have to wait a few weeks, but i'll try to work on it!
  • Dear hoserof,
    However long it will take you, I WILL BE WAITING.
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • [quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70329#msg70329 date=1177390926]
    Mina,
    I think Davidschanter understood my message. I was saying that perhaps its a good idea to come in early to get some spiritual browny points, or perhaps they could go towards accummulating points to help reduce time in purgatory. lol... eh ya mina.. i don't know! I just wanted to find a good reason to come to Church early!!! THere must be some benefits in coming before the mass starts!!! OK! We don't believe in Purgatory, I KNOW (!!) lakin, perhaps if it did exist, it would go towards helping reducing needless hanging around some place in the middle of nowhere, wasting time , when we could be enjoying paradise.

don't have doubts about your faith. it doesn't exist. give me one reason for it. what's the point of having a Paradise than.
    the benefits for coming to liturgy early are a lot. there is books about it. but don't forget, we kind of use the word liturgy only for the 2, 3, or maybe 4 hours of the morning litugry. but technichly the liturgy start's when vespers praise are done. Yes because you do all that as part of the liturgy. also the 'rule' that says that you have to come before the gospel started for the fact that the old church closed the doors of the church after the gospel. so physiclly u couldn't get into church. but the max u should be there is when abouna says the absolution of the servants that absolves u from what ever sin u did during the nit.

• Mina,

Deep deep deep down in your heart, YOU KNOW I WAS BEING SARCASTIC and joking about purgatory time!!! You think that because i've got a catholic website on my profile that I'm Catholic. No! Im VERY COPTIC! I just happen to think that a lot of stuff that goes on with the RC in FRANCE (ONLY IN FRANCE) is magnificent!! Its marvellous.

Now everyone will write messages saying "Vassilios! STOP BEING SARCASTIC!!!". Thanks mina!

Ouff ya mina!!!! 7aram 3alik!!

OK.. look, for the record, Purgatory doesnt exist. Christ paid the price for my sins, that's it. tHose that believe in purgatory cannot be orthodox as we believe that if Christ died for us; there's nothing more for us to pay.
    Its dangerous to believe in purgatory , because you devalue the sacrifice that was made saying taht DESPITE God's sacrifice , we still go to purgatory because our repentence is never perfect.

Strange...

Also, catholics argue that purgatory exists because , although Christ has died for you (which they believe), there is a price to pay for your sins (the effects of your sins on others) - and you pay for this in purgatory. Christ's sacrifice on the cross was to pay for Adam's sins; to unite heaven and earth. But the Orthodox perspective is, He died for our sins, and if we repent and confess, and have communion, they are forgiven. Christ said "Take, eat of this all of you, this is my body..., for the REMISSION of sins".  He didn't say... "I forgive you, but go to purgatory".

[quote author=minagir link=topic=63.msg70367#msg70367 date=1177431265]
    [quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70329#msg70329 date=1177390926]
    Mina,
    I think Davidschanter understood my message. I was saying that perhaps its a good idea to come in early to get some spiritual browny points, or perhaps they could go towards accummulating points to help reduce time in purgatory. lol... eh ya mina.. i don't know! I just wanted to find a good reason to come to Church early!!! THere must be some benefits in coming before the mass starts!!! OK! We don't believe in Purgatory, I KNOW (!!) lakin, perhaps if it did exist, it would go towards helping reducing needless hanging around some place in the middle of nowhere, wasting time , when we could be enjoying paradise.

don't have doubts about your faith. it doesn't exist. give me one reason for it. what's the point of having a Paradise than.
    the benefits for coming to liturgy early are a lot. there is books about it. but don't forget, we kind of use the word liturgy only for the 2, 3, or maybe 4 hours of the morning litugry. but technichly the liturgy start's when vespers praise are done. Yes because you do all that as part of the liturgy. also the 'rule' that says that you have to come before the gospel started for the fact that the old church closed the doors of the church after the gospel. so physiclly u couldn't get into church. but the max u should be there is when abouna says the absolution of the servants that absolves u from what ever sin u did during the nit.

• [quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70395#msg70395 date=1177501964]
    Mina,

Deep deep deep down in your heart, YOU KNOW I WAS BEING SARCASTIC and joking about purgatory time!!! You think that because i've got a catholic website on my profile that I'm Catholic. No! Im VERY COPTIC! I just happen to think that a lot of stuff that goes on with the RC in FRANCE (ONLY IN FRANCE) is magnificent!! Its marvellous.

Now everyone will write messages saying "Vassilios! STOP BEING SARCASTIC!!!". Thanks mina!

you're very welcome....not sure for y thoo  ;D ;D ;D.

7amdo elah it wouldn't be me who would say that.....................................
  • GOOD TOPIC  ;D
  • ophadece and Vassilios, i'll pm you about the questions you had concerning the rites, and if anything usefull comes out, we can always post it.

But first i'd like to let you know the following link for all sort of seasonal rites:

http://www.copticheritage.org/index.php?name=PagEd&topictoview=21
  • Dear hoserof,
    Thanks very much for the link; I find it very useful actually but can't promise to read it all through right now.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers
  • [coptic]Namenra] tyrou>
    sa ]nou ouontai `noumys `nsini qa ni`ctoi,wn `mpikemkem - qen nisai `nkouji kata `n`cmot pisai `nte pise eqoun epiervei as `nry] ni`ctoi,wn `mpikemkem ce;wsou?[/coptic]
    Till now I have many questions about the verses of cymbals - in the minor feasts for example the feast of the entry into the altar how are the verses of cymbals arranged?
    [coptic]ari`hmot ]nyi oumetfiwp `nswt ejwou (sopou `nje nisai `nnis] nem nikeehoou qen ]rompi)[/coptic]
    Please give me a detailed account on them (including the major feasts and the other days of year)
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]