In search for the Long Hiten

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello there,

Havnt been to this site since agesss, how is you all?

anywayss can anyone find for me the Long Hiten to download? I cant find any recording of it on this site... according to this link http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?q=hiten&type=track&action=search there is no Long Hiten their.. someone gimme a link to download it.. thanx heaps
[move][glow=red,2,300]GBU[/glow][/move]

Comments

• here you go mikhail, its never labelled as a long hiten, if u look for hiten in any major feasts (christmas, palm sunday or easter), it is usually the long hiten.
    here it is from the ressurection liturgy at the cathedral:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/2004_Liturgy_at_Cathedral.html

-pete
  • Ibrahim Ayad's recording is wrong by the way. He adds an extra line which no one else says so i am guessing he wasnt paying attention.
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=topic=5234.msg70243#msg70243 date=1177289294]
    Ibrahim Ayad's recording is wrong by the way. He adds an extra line which no one else says so i am guessing he wasnt paying attention.

that's why i didn't post the link for his recording.
    also this is only for his recording of the resurrection and 50s rites. i think he have it recorded some where else right.
    i fu need to learn it, just learn the one from the chorus that is posted below, that's what i learned from...
  • thank youuu, iv been telling everyone that and theyre like no its the original way, just no one else uses it.  Thanx for the heds up though bro.
    -peter
  • [quote author=CopticPete link=topic=5234.msg70246#msg70246 date=1177292766]
    thank youuu, iv been telling everyone that and theyre like no its the original way, just no one else uses it.  Thanx for the heds up though bro.
    -peter

there is some people who says that  is muallem mikhael way but i never heard it from him. i know he records it in the fistive and long tune, but i didn't here all of it to say that Muallem Ibrahim is right.
  • why don't u learn it from the "official" resurrection rites recording?

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_2.html
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5234.msg70253#msg70253 date=1177320277]
    why don't u learn it from the "official" resurrection rites recording?

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Ibrahim_Ayad/Part_2.html

well that's the one i am talking about where he adds an extra part.
  • Oh, i'd have to compare the both recordings then. I never noticed a difference, but i'll check it out.
  • lol, you are right, the first few hazaat of the "new part" are repeated one time to many.
    The extra part is from minute 1:37 to 1:50, and you're probably correct when you said that he wasnt paying attention.

In that case, the live cathedral recording is more suitable for learning, my bad.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5234.msg70279#msg70279 date=1177338330]
    lol, you are right, the first few hazaat of the "new part" are repeated one time to many.
    The extra part is from minute 1:37 to 1:50, and you're probably correct when you said that he wasnt paying attention.

id on't belive in that he wasnt paying attention idea. i don't think Ibrahim Ayad is that old yet to miss somhthing like that. most people use this a reason to back him up.
    but i think he ment it for some reason.
  • Well, why not, he also says the first part of Tenen one time too many, while recording it's very easy to forget yourself and repeat a part one time too many. But i'd wonder why they don't cut the extra part out, i'm sure Ibrahim Ayad listens to the recordings before they are distributed.

btw, davidschanter was the one who said the difference was due to "not paying attention", my bad again :D
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5234.msg70284#msg70284 date=1177338748]
    Well, why not, he also says the first part of Tenen one time too many, while recording it's very easy to forget yourself and repeat a part one time too many. But i'd wonder why they don't cut the extra part out, i'm sure Ibrahim Ayad listens to the recordings before they are distributed.

btw, davidschanter was the one who said the difference was due to "not paying attention", my bad again :D

lol, well that's wat am saying. he's the one who recorded it and am sure was there in editing. also it's his own company who produced this so he can easly fix it. but he didn't.

actually i might be able to cut in put it in the riht way but i don't like to play with the originals.  ;D
  • Well, there's also the editing mistake in Afrek etve remember? There was a whole part missing, so maybe it is a mistake and it may be fixed in future tapes. You'd have to ask him if you see him in Egypt lol.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5234.msg70288#msg70288 date=1177339364]
    Well, there's also the editing mistake in Afrek etve remember? There was a whole part missing, so maybe it is a mistake and it may be fixed in future tapes. You'd have to ask him if you see him in Egypt lol.

well, i found out that the missing part is only on some specific tapes. but i found that part in another tape. now if you listen to it online here on tasbeha.org, u'll see the diffrence when it comes to that part. go check it.