verses of cymbals

does anyone know where i can find a downloadable verses of cymbals by ibrahim ayad?

may god bless u all.
please pray for me as i pray for you

Comments

• [quote author=lil_aussie_gypo link=topic=63.msg217#msg217 date=1071529657]
    does anyone know where i can find a downloadable verses of cymbals by ibrahim ayad?

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Annual/Verses_of_Cymbals_and_Doxologies/Ibrahim_Ayad.html
  • What is the order for the VOC during the 39 days?
    Do you say Kerya leyson and go straight to A pee ekhristos?
    Because i heard a couple different things.
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=topic=63.msg70242#msg70242 date=1177289206]
    What is the order for the VOC during the 39 days?
    Do you say Kerya leyson and go straight to A pee ekhristos?
    Because i heard a couple different things.

yes there is many ways. my church start with apikhrestos.

most books say that u start with the normal intro, adam or watos, than say the Pikhrestos parts than shere ne maria..

but i guess most recordings don't view it clear enough to other to understand
  • most books say that u start with the normal intro, adam or watos, than say the Pikhrestos parts than shere ne maria..

I find that way most logic, there's no reason why you would skip the intro (except to "save time").
    Some people would tell you that the festal verses should be chanted first because they are more "important" ::), but that's non sense, on the resurrection night itself we even chant a longer intro before the festal verses.
  • Dear all,
    Since minagir and hoserof mentioned this, I would like to ask them to answer my question. Because most of the time I don't attend the Feast Masses early enough, I usually miss out the parts in matins. So, I would like to ask how are both the verses of cymbals (or rather seven tunes) and the doxologies are arranged into the matins prayers, and does that follow another pattern in the fifty days, or (strictly ritually speaking) should we keep the same seven tunes and doxologies order (which you kindly may explain to me) during the whole of the fifty days?
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • Only the Feast masses that are prayed in the evening have a unique arrangement for the Verses of the Cymbals and the Seven Melodies Hymn.

The reason is quite simple, we dont pray the Morning Doxology before we pray matins on these 3 occasions, so they are prayed during matins.

-We use the first verses 10 verses from the Morning doxology as an intro to the Verses of the Cymbals (from [coptic]Tenouwst[/coptic] untill [coptic]Hiten noueu,y[/coptic])
    -then we say the appropriate verses for the feast (ie for Nativity, Epiphany or Resurrection)
    -then we say the appropriate verses for the church saints
    -then we conclude with [coptic]I=y=c P=,=c `ncaf nem vwou[/coptic]  and [coptic]`pouro[/coptic]

After the verses of the cymbals the litany for the sick is to be prayed, followed by the rest of the Morning Doxology ([coptic]Piouwini `nta `vmyi[/coptic] untill the conclusion [coptic]Neknai `w panou][/coptic])
    If you would like, i could list up the specific verses per tune for you.

After the Seven Melodies Hymns the litany for the oblations is to be prayed, followed by the doxologies in the festal way, there's nothing special or different here.

does that follow another pattern in the fifty days, or (strictly ritually speaking) should we keep the same seven tunes and doxologies order

As i explained above, the text from the morning doxology is used during matins on these 3 feasts only (also on Bright Saturday btw), and not on regular days. So during the Holy Fifty ways you would say the regular intro to the Verses of the Cymbals, then the verses for the Resurrection and continue with St Mary's verses.

I hope your questions are answered now, if there's something unclear feel free to ask!
  • Hi HosErof,

Im sorry, could you also explain it for me:

When is each of the following prayed:

a) Tenouosht Emefyot Nemepshiri (In the tune of Neknai O Panoti)
    b) Pi-Oini enta-efmi
    c) Neknai O Panoti

ApiEkhristos Panoti - this , as far as I know is in vespers... or during the morning prayer/vesper before Mass... right? Its such an amazing song.

I have to admit, I attended the Greek Orthodox litanies/vespers, and H.H. Pope Bartholemew did not look like a happy camper. We got a lot of stuff in our Church that would have put a smile on his face. He just kept on looking at me, and frowning... he looked so sad, and the music was so sad... i think once they become part of our Church, we'll show them what they were missing.
  • Dear hos erof,
    Very concise and complete. Thanks very much for the explanation. I think now I do understand, but I will let you know if I have any more questions.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70254#msg70254 date=1177320505]

most books say that u start with the normal intro, adam or watos, than say the Pikhrestos parts than shere ne maria..

I find that way most logic, there's no reason why you would skip the intro (except to "save time").
    Some people would tell you that the festal verses should be chanted first because they are more "important" ::), but that's non sense, on the resurrection night itself we even chant a longer intro before the festal verses.

well the idea is that this way, to say Apikhrestos long, u'd have to say the Intro long. soo.........it goes back to time matters.

also i was only talking about the 50s not Resurrection.

[quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70257#msg70257 date=1177327053]
    ...(also on Bright Saturday btw)...

well i just wanted to say you can't include it since you say the morning doxology in it's normal tune (except for the 1st 10 which says as verses of cymbals tune).
    becuase it's the Seven ways/tunes. u don't say the 7 tune on bright saturday rather the normal fast way.

[quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70264#msg70264 date=1177332651]

b) Pi-Oini enta-efmi
    c) Neknai O Panoti

in resurrection it goes that way:

[quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70257#msg70257 date=1177327053]
    -We use the first verses 10 verses from the Morning doxology as an intro to the Verses of the Cymbals (from [coptic]Tenouwst[/coptic] untill [coptic]Hiten noueu,y[/coptic]) (in the Festive Verses of Cymbals tune)
    -then we say the appropriate verses for the feast of Resurrection ([coptic]AP=,=c, <ere  tef.., Loipon)[/coptic]
    -then we say the appropriate verses for the church saints
    -then we conclude with [coptic]I=y=c P=,=c `ncaf nem vwou[/coptic]  and [coptic]`Pouro[/coptic]

After the verses of the cymbals the litany for the sick is to be prayed, followed by the rest of the Morning Doxology ([coptic]Piouwini `nta `vmyi[/coptic] untill the conclusion [coptic]Neknai `w panou][/coptic])

I have to admit, I attended the Greek Orthodox litanies/vespers, and H.H. Pope Bartholemew did not look like a happy camper. We got a lot of stuff in our Church that would have put a smile on his face. He just kept on looking at me, and frowning... he looked so sad, and the music was so sad... i think once they become part of our Church, we'll show them what they were missing.

well i don't think they'll leave their hymns and be under our pope and in our church. i think the closest we can get to is for them to be part of the oriental churchs.
  • Mina said

well i just wanted to say you can't include it since you say the morning doxology in it's normal tune (except for the 1st 10 which says as verses of cymbals tune).
    becuase it's the Seven ways/tunes. u don't say the 7 tune on bright saturday rather the normal fast way.

I was talking about the principal of the Morning Doxologies being included in the Matins rites, instead of chanting it after tasbeha (or before matins). Nywayz, bright saturday is very unique in its rites and order of prayers.

ophadece said

Thanks very much for the explanation

You're welcome

Vassilios said

b) Pi-Oini enta-efmi
    c) Neknai O Panoti

ApiEkhristos Panoti - this , as far as I know is in vespers... or during the morning prayer/vesper before Mass... right? Its such an amazing song.

[coptic]AP=,=c[/coptic] is said in Vespers and matins (just like all the verses of the cymbals are chanted).

As for a/b/c, they are all said as the Morning doxology before Matins. So before matins you pray the first hour of the Agpeya and continue with the Morning Doxologies.
    On the 3 Major Feasts (Nativity, Epiphany and Resurrection) they are prayed in the order I explained above.

If there's something in your question that i didnt adress, feel free to ask.
  • Mina said

well the idea is that this way, to say Apikhrestos long, u'd have to say the Intro long. soo.........it goes back to time matters.

Ya, that could be part of the problem, but there's still no good reason to skip the intro all together lol. If there is an actual time problem you could always say the intro + the festal verses in the short tune.
    It's a good thing that there's no such thing as time in heaven, so that we can say all the intro's in the long tunes ;D
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70277#msg70277 date=1177337853]
    Mina said

Ya, that could be part of the problem, but there's still no good reason to skip the intro all together lol. If there is an actual time problem you could always say the intro + the festal verses in the short tune.
    It's a good thing that there's no such thing as time in heaven, so that we can say all the intro's in the long tunes ;D

well yes, BUT, it's the short tune ya habibi.  :)
  • I dont understand what u mean by that!
    Do u mean that you can't chant the verses during the Fifty Days in the long tune?
    Or that its better to chant the long tune without the intro verses if there's a time problem?

Or did i totally misunderstand ur post?
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70282#msg70282 date=1177338569]
    I dont understand what u mean by that!
    Do u mean that you can't chant the verses during the Fifty Days in the long tune?
    Or that its better to chant the long tune without the intro verses if there's a time problem?

Or did i totally misunderstand ur post?

what i ment is that we would want to say the resurrection verses in long tune. but do to time, u wont be able to say the long intro. especially if it's like 4 parts like the adam.
  • Dear minagir, hos erof, and all,
    Let me ask you a question related to the length of the music by which you say the verses of cymbals. I used to understand that the ritually correct tune which is festal is long, and the annual (or at least that used in all other ceremonials) is short. Now I can see that the debate is openning up on long and short during the feast days. Honestly, I thought that was ritually not correct to say verses of cymbals in short tune (whatever the verses are) in festal ceremonial, but people resort to that because of the time constraints. Please correct me.
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • what i ment is that we would want to say the resurrection verses in long tune. but do to time, u wont be able to say the long intro. especially if it's like 4 parts like the adam.

Yah, thats a dilemma, but c'mon how long does it take to say 4 long verses? 2 minutes extra?
    What about you chant the intro verses in the short tune after the Resurrection verses? Some have recorded the festal verses that way:

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns%2FOther_Occasions%2FNayrouz_-_Coptic_New_Year%2FIbrahim_Ayad%2F03-Verses_of_Cymbals.1512.mp3

• Hi HosErof,

Im gonna come across a right protestant here, so excuse me, but what are matins? lol.. i swear Im NOT protestant, and i'm orthodox...
    But i've never really understood this.

Look, let's take it from the top:

Abouna comes into CHurch to pray the mass, you're early, he's early.
    You do morning vesper
    You get dressed as a shamass
    You do the agpeya
    You do the Mass.

When then do do u do Tenouosht and PiOOiniEnta Evmi?? Huh?

Thanks Hos erof
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70276#msg70276 date=1177337330]
    Mina said

I was talking about the principal of the Morning Doxologies being included in the Matins rites, instead of chanting it after tasbeha (or before matins). Nywayz, bright saturday is very unique in its rites and order of prayers.

ophadece said

Thanks very much for the explanation

You're welcome

Vassilios said

b) Pi-Oini enta-efmi
    c) Neknai O Panoti

[coptic]AP=,=c[/coptic] is said in Vespers and matins (just like all the verses of the cymbals are chanted).

As for a/b/c, they are all said as the Morning doxology before Matins. So before matins you pray the first hour of the Agpeya and continue with the Morning Doxologies.
    On the 3 Major Feasts (Nativity, Epiphany and Resurrection) they are prayed in the order I explained above.

If there's something in your question that i didnt adress, feel free to ask.

• LOL, you come across as an...nah never mind.

well, Vassilios, Matins is what we call in arabic "Baker" or "raf3 bokhour baker".

Vespers is 3asheya, the prayer in the evening before the Liturgy.

If you come to the mass and you're really really early, u should pray the First hour of the Agpeya and then the Morning Doxologies. U'll find them in any Psalmody,
    Here is the total text of it, and u'll notice that piouwini is part of the Morning Doxology, it's not something special on its own. The specific part starting from piouwini is only used on the 3 big feasts to be chanted as the 7 melodies hymn.

[coptic]Tenouwst `m`Viwt nem Psyri@ nem Pi=p=n=a =e=;=u@ ,ere ]ek`klyci`a@ `pyi `nte ni`aggeloc.

+ <ere ]par;enoc@ `etacmec Pencwtyr@ ,ere Gabriyl@ `etafhisennoufi nac.

<ere Mi,ayl@ pi`ar,y`aggeloc@ ,ere pijout `ftoou@ `m`precbuteroc.

+ <ere ni<eroubim@ ,ere niCeravim@ ,ere nitagma tyrou@ `n`epouranion.

<ere Iwannyc@ pinis] `mprodromoc@ ,ere pimyt `cnau@ `napoctoloc.

+ <ere peniwt Markoc@ pieu`aggelictyc@ pirefjwr `ebol@ `nte ni`idwlon.

<ere `Ctevanoc@ pisorp `mmarturoc@ ,ere Gewrgioc@ piciou `nte han`atoou`i.

+ <ere `p,oroc tyrf@ `nte ni`marturoc@ ,ere Abba Antwni@ nem pisomt Makarioc.

<ere `p,oroc tyrf@ `nte ni`ctaurovoroc@ ,ere ny=e=;=u tyrou@ `etafranaf `mP=o=c.

+ Hiten nou`eu,y@ P=,=c Penouro@ `ari ounai neman@ qen tekmetouro.

Piouwini `nta`vmyi@ vy`eter`ouwini@ `erwmi niben@ e;nyou `epikocmoc.

Ak`i `epikocmoc@ hiten tekmetmairwmi@ a]`ktycic tyrc@ ;elyl qa pekjin`i.

Akcw] `nAdam@ `ebol qen ]`apaty@ `aker Eua `nremhe@ qen ninakhi `nte `vmou.

Ak] nan `mpi=p=n=a@ `nte ]metsyri@ enhwc en`cmou `erok@ nem nek`aggeloc.

Qen `pjin`;ref`i nan `eqoun@ `nje `vnau `nswrp@ `w P=,=c Pennou]@ piouwini `nta`vmyi.

Marousai `nqyten@ `nje nilogicmoc `nte piouwini@ ouoh `mpen`;refhobcten@ `nje `p,aki `nnipa;oc.

Hina `ntenhwc `erok@ `nno`ytoc nem Dauid@ `enws oubyk@ ouoh `enjw `mmoc.

Je auersorp `mvoh@ `nje nabal `m`vnau `nswrp@ `e`ermeletan@ qen nekcaji tyrou.

Cwtem `eten`cmy@ kata peknis] `nnai@ nahmen P=o=c Pennou]@ kata nekmetsenhyt.

V] pifairwous@ `nref`erpe;nanef@ pireferoikonomin@ `nnefcwtp `nkalwc.

Pireferhemi `etjor@ `nny`etauvwt harof@ `vref[isswou `nte ouon niben@ nohem `ntououjai.

Qen tekmet`,ryctoc@ akcob] nan `mpi`ejwrh@ `ari`hmot nan `mpai`ehoou@ `enoi `na;nobi.

`E;rener`pem`psa@ `efai `nnenjij `e`pswi@ harok `mpek`m;o@ ,wric jwnt nem mokmek `efhwou.

Qen tai han`atoou`i@ coutwn nenmwit `eqoun@ nem nenmwit `ebol@ qen `pounof `nte tek`ckepy.

`E;renjw `ntekme;myi@ `n`ehoou niben@ `ntenhwc `etekjom@ nem Dauid pi`provytyc.

Je qen tekhiryny@ P=,=c Pen=c=w=r@ `anenkot `antwoun@ je` anerhelpic `erok.

Hyppe `oupe;nanef@ ie oupetholj `ebyl@ e``p]ma] `nhan`cnyou@ `eusop hi ouma.

Euercumvwnin@ qen ou`agapy `mmyi@ `neu`aggeliky@ kata ni`apoctoloc.

M`vry] `mpicojen@ `e]`ave `mP=,=c@ `efnyou `ejen ]mort@ sa` `e`qryi `eni[alauj.

`Ef;whc `mmyni niben@ niqelloi nem nialwou`i@ nem niqelsiri@ nem nidi`akonictyc.

Nai `etafhotpou `eucop@ `nje Pi=p=n=a =e=;=u@ `m`vry] `nouku;ara@ eu`cmou `eV] `ncyou niben.

Qen hana'lmoc nem hanhwc@ nem hanhwdy `m=p=n=atikon@ `mpi`ehoou nem pi`ejwrh@ qen ouhyt `nat,arwf.

(E;be ]par;enoc)
    N;o `;mau `mpiouwini@ ettaiyout `mmacnou]@ `arefai qa pilogoc@ pi`a,writoc.

Menenca `;remacf@ are`ohi ereoi `mpar;enoc@ qen hanhwc nem han`cmou@ ten[ici `mmo.

Je `n;of qen pefouws@ nem `p]ma] `mPefiwt@ nem Pi=p=n=a =e=;=u@ af`i afcw] `mmon.

Anon hwn tentwbh@ e;rensasni eunai@ hiten ne`precbi`a@ `ntotf `mpimairwmi.

Api`c;oinofi etcwtp@ `nte tepar;eni`a@ afsenaf `e`pswi@ sa pi`;ronoc `mViwt.

Ehote pi`c;oinofi@ `nte ni<eroubim@ nem niCeravim@ Mari`a ]par;enoc.

<ere ]ve `mberi@ ;y`eta Viwt ;amioc@ af,ac `nouma `nemton@ `mPefsyri `mmenrit.

<ere pi`;ronoc@ `mbacilikon@ `mvy`etoufai `mmof@ hijen ni<eroubim.

<ere ]`proctatyc@ `nte nen'u,y@ `n;o gar `aly;wc@ pe `psousou `mpengenoc.

Ari`precbeuin `ejwn@ `w ;ye;meh `n`hmot@ nahren Pen=c=w=r@ Pen=o=c I=y=c P=,=c.

Hopwc `nteftajron@ qen pinah] etcoutwn@ ouoh `ntefer`hmot nan@ `mpi,w `ebol `nte nennobi.

Hiten ni`precbi`a@ `nte ];e`otokoc =e=;=u Mari`a@ P=o=c ari`hmot nan@ `mpi,w `ebol `nte nennobi.

(E;be niaggeloc)
    Hananso `nso@ nem han`;ba `n``;ba@ `nar,yaggeloc@ nem aggeloc =e=;=u.

Eu`ohi `eratou@ `mpe`m;o `mpi`;ronoc@ `nte pipantokratwr@ euws `ebol eujw `mmoc.

Je `,ouab `,ouab@ `,ouab qen oume;myi@ pi`wou nem pitai`o@ erprepi `n}`triac.

Hiten ni`precbia@ `nte `p,oroc tyrf `nte niaggeloc@ P=o=c...

(E;be ni`apoctoloc)
    Nenio] `n`apoctoloc@ auhiwis qen nie;noc@ qen pieuaggelion@ `nte I=y=c P=,=c.

A pou`qrwou senaf@ hijen `pkahi tyrf@ ouoh noucaji auvoh@ sa auryjc `n]oikoumeny.

Hiten nieu,y@ `nte na=o=c `nio] `n`apoctoloc@ P=o=c `ari`hmot...

(E;be nimarturoc)
    Han`,lom `natlwm@ aftyitou `nje P=o=c@ hijen `p,oroc tyrf@ `nte nimarturoc.

Aftoujwou afnahmou@ je auvwt harof@ auersai nemaf@ qen tefmetouro.

Hiten nieu,y@ `nte `p,oroc tyrf `nte nimarturoc@ P=o=c....

(E;be nye;ouab)
    Ny=e=;=u `ntak@ eu`e`cmou `erok@ eu`ecaji `m`p`wou@ `nte tekmetouro.

Tekmetouro Panou]@ oumetouro `n`eneh@ ouoh tekmet=o=c@ sa nigene`a tyrou.

Hiten nieu,y@ `nte `p,oroc tyrf `nte ni`ctaurovoroc@ nem ni`;myi nem nidikeoc@ P=o=c...

(E;be nipatriar,yc nem ni`provytyc)
    <ere Yliac@ picovron `m`provytyc@ nem Eliceoc@ pefcwtp `mma;ytyc.

Pinis] `nrefhiwis@ qen ],wra `nte <ymi@ Markoc pi`apoctoloc@ pecsorp `nneferhemi.

N;o pe `;mau `mV]@ Mari`a ]par;enoc@ twbh `mmof `ejwn@ e;refnai qa pengenoc.

Pinis] `mpatriar,yc@ peniwt abba Ceuyroc@ vyeta nef`cbwou`i =e=;=u@ `erouwini `mpennouc.

Peniwt `n`omologityc@ abba Diockoroc@ afmisi `ejen pinah]@ oube niheretikoc.

Nem nenio] tyrou@ `etauranaf `mP=o=c@ `ere pou`cmou =e=;=u@ swpi nan `nourefrwic.

Hiten noueu,y@ ari`hmot nan V]@ `mpi,w `ebol `nte nennobi@ moi nan `noucw]. [/coptic]

PS sorry for the long txt, but I couldnt find the Morning Doxology complete in the Text Library (Mina, perhaps you could edit it, under the following link it starts from Piouwini:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1553)
  • Im confused now:

Listen,

Let's assume the Holy Mass on a Sunday Starts at 9AM.
    Please - NO ARABIC WORDS  - just give me times - when - where and why.

So, i come into Church at 8AM in the hope of trying to avoid purgatory time, and to attend ANYTHING before the mass starts. So, what happens??

Who says/sings what?

There's like a small prayer before we all become deacons?? isnt there? What's this prayer called? Also, what's sung here. I thought we read the agpeya when we're all deacons before we even start to do the 7amal.

Listen, im a good deacon, I can promis you this! I'm just not aware of certain things!
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70292#msg70292 date=1177342412]
    LOL, you come across as an...nah never mind.

well, Vassilios, Matins is what we call in arabic "Baker" or "raf3 bokhour baker".

Vespers is 3asheya, the prayer in the evening before the Liturgy.

If you come to the mass and you're really really early, u should pray the First hour of the Agpeya and then the Morning Doxologies. U'll find them in any Psalmody,
    Here is the total text of it, and u'll notice that piouwini is part of the Morning Doxology, it's not something special on its own. The specific part starting from piouwini is only used on the 3 big feasts to be chanted as the 7 melodies hymn.

[coptic]Tenouwst `m`Viwt nem Psyri@ nem Pi=p=n=a =e=;=u@ ,ere ]ek`klyci`a@ `pyi `nte ni`aggeloc.

+ <ere ]par;enoc@ `etacmec Pencwtyr@ ,ere Gabriyl@ `etafhisennoufi nac.

<ere Mi,ayl@ pi`ar,y`aggeloc@ ,ere pijout `ftoou@ `m`precbuteroc.

+ <ere ni<eroubim@ ,ere niCeravim@ ,ere nitagma tyrou@ `n`epouranion.

<ere Iwannyc@ pinis] `mprodromoc@ ,ere pimyt `cnau@ `napoctoloc.

+ <ere peniwt Markoc@ pieu`aggelictyc@ pirefjwr `ebol@ `nte ni`idwlon.

<ere `Ctevanoc@ pisorp `mmarturoc@ ,ere Gewrgioc@ piciou `nte han`atoou`i.

+ <ere `p,oroc tyrf@ `nte ni`marturoc@ ,ere Abba Antwni@ nem pisomt Makarioc.

<ere `p,oroc tyrf@ `nte ni`ctaurovoroc@ ,ere ny=e=;=u tyrou@ `etafranaf `mP=o=c.

+ Hiten nou`eu,y@ P=,=c Penouro@ `ari ounai neman@ qen tekmetouro.

Piouwini `nta`vmyi@ vy`eter`ouwini@ `erwmi niben@ e;nyou `epikocmoc.

Ak`i `epikocmoc@ hiten tekmetmairwmi@ a]`ktycic tyrc@ ;elyl qa pekjin`i.

Akcw] `nAdam@ `ebol qen ]`apaty@ `aker Eua `nremhe@ qen ninakhi `nte `vmou.

Ak] nan `mpi=p=n=a@ `nte ]metsyri@ enhwc en`cmou `erok@ nem nek`aggeloc.

Qen `pjin`;ref`i nan `eqoun@ `nje `vnau `nswrp@ `w P=,=c Pennou]@ piouwini `nta`vmyi.

Marousai `nqyten@ `nje nilogicmoc `nte piouwini@ ouoh `mpen`;refhobcten@ `nje `p,aki `nnipa;oc.

Hina `ntenhwc `erok@ `nno`ytoc nem Dauid@ `enws oubyk@ ouoh `enjw `mmoc.

Je auersorp `mvoh@ `nje nabal `m`vnau `nswrp@ `e`ermeletan@ qen nekcaji tyrou.

Cwtem `eten`cmy@ kata peknis] `nnai@ nahmen P=o=c Pennou]@ kata nekmetsenhyt.

V] pifairwous@ `nref`erpe;nanef@ pireferoikonomin@ `nnefcwtp `nkalwc.

Pireferhemi `etjor@ `nny`etauvwt harof@ `vref[isswou `nte ouon niben@ nohem `ntououjai.

Qen tekmet`,ryctoc@ akcob] nan `mpi`ejwrh@ `ari`hmot nan `mpai`ehoou@ `enoi `na;nobi.

`E;rener`pem`psa@ `efai `nnenjij `e`pswi@ harok `mpek`m;o@ ,wric jwnt nem mokmek `efhwou.

Qen tai han`atoou`i@ coutwn nenmwit `eqoun@ nem nenmwit `ebol@ qen `pounof `nte tek`ckepy.

`E;renjw `ntekme;myi@ `n`ehoou niben@ `ntenhwc `etekjom@ nem Dauid pi`provytyc.

Je qen tekhiryny@ P=,=c Pen=c=w=r@ `anenkot `antwoun@ je` anerhelpic `erok.

Hyppe `oupe;nanef@ ie oupetholj `ebyl@ e``p]ma] `nhan`cnyou@ `eusop hi ouma.

Euercumvwnin@ qen ou`agapy `mmyi@ `neu`aggeliky@ kata ni`apoctoloc.

M`vry] `mpicojen@ `e]`ave `mP=,=c@ `efnyou `ejen ]mort@ sa` `e`qryi `eni[alauj.

`Ef;whc `mmyni niben@ niqelloi nem nialwou`i@ nem niqelsiri@ nem nidi`akonictyc.

Nai `etafhotpou `eucop@ `nje Pi=p=n=a =e=;=u@ `m`vry] `nouku;ara@ eu`cmou `eV] `ncyou niben.

Qen hana'lmoc nem hanhwc@ nem hanhwdy `m=p=n=atikon@ `mpi`ehoou nem pi`ejwrh@ qen ouhyt `nat,arwf.

(E;be ]par;enoc)
    N;o `;mau `mpiouwini@ ettaiyout `mmacnou]@ `arefai qa pilogoc@ pi`a,writoc.

Menenca `;remacf@ are`ohi ereoi `mpar;enoc@ qen hanhwc nem han`cmou@ ten[ici `mmo.

Je `n;of qen pefouws@ nem `p]ma] `mPefiwt@ nem Pi=p=n=a =e=;=u@ af`i afcw] `mmon.

Anon hwn tentwbh@ e;rensasni eunai@ hiten ne`precbi`a@ `ntotf `mpimairwmi.

Api`c;oinofi etcwtp@ `nte tepar;eni`a@ afsenaf `e`pswi@ sa pi`;ronoc `mViwt.

Ehote pi`c;oinofi@ `nte ni<eroubim@ nem niCeravim@ Mari`a ]par;enoc.

<ere ]ve `mberi@ ;y`eta Viwt ;amioc@ af,ac `nouma `nemton@ `mPefsyri `mmenrit.

<ere pi`;ronoc@ `mbacilikon@ `mvy`etoufai `mmof@ hijen ni<eroubim.

<ere ]`proctatyc@ `nte nen'u,y@ `n;o gar `aly;wc@ pe `psousou `mpengenoc.

Ari`precbeuin `ejwn@ `w ;ye;meh `n`hmot@ nahren Pen=c=w=r@ Pen=o=c I=y=c P=,=c.

Hopwc `nteftajron@ qen pinah] etcoutwn@ ouoh `ntefer`hmot nan@ `mpi,w `ebol `nte nennobi.

Hiten ni`precbi`a@ `nte ];e`otokoc =e=;=u Mari`a@ P=o=c ari`hmot nan@ `mpi,w `ebol `nte nennobi.

(E;be niaggeloc)
    Hananso `nso@ nem han`;ba `n``;ba@ `nar,yaggeloc@ nem aggeloc =e=;=u.

Eu`ohi `eratou@ `mpe`m;o `mpi`;ronoc@ `nte pipantokratwr@ euws `ebol eujw `mmoc.

Je `,ouab `,ouab@ `,ouab qen oume;myi@ pi`wou nem pitai`o@ erprepi `n}`triac.

Hiten ni`precbia@ `nte `p,oroc tyrf `nte niaggeloc@ P=o=c...

(E;be ni`apoctoloc)
    Nenio] `n`apoctoloc@ auhiwis qen nie;noc@ qen pieuaggelion@ `nte I=y=c P=,=c.

A pou`qrwou senaf@ hijen `pkahi tyrf@ ouoh noucaji auvoh@ sa auryjc `n]oikoumeny.

Hiten nieu,y@ `nte na=o=c `nio] `n`apoctoloc@ P=o=c `ari`hmot...

(E;be nimarturoc)
    Han`,lom `natlwm@ aftyitou `nje P=o=c@ hijen `p,oroc tyrf@ `nte nimarturoc.

Aftoujwou afnahmou@ je auvwt harof@ auersai nemaf@ qen tefmetouro.

Hiten nieu,y@ `nte `p,oroc tyrf `nte nimarturoc@ P=o=c....

(E;be nye;ouab)
    Ny=e=;=u `ntak@ eu`e`cmou `erok@ eu`ecaji `m`p`wou@ `nte tekmetouro.

Tekmetouro Panou]@ oumetouro `n`eneh@ ouoh tekmet=o=c@ sa nigene`a tyrou.

Hiten nieu,y@ `nte `p,oroc tyrf `nte ni`ctaurovoroc@ nem ni`;myi nem nidikeoc@ P=o=c...

(E;be nipatriar,yc nem ni`provytyc)
    <ere Yliac@ picovron `m`provytyc@ nem Eliceoc@ pefcwtp `mma;ytyc.

Pinis] `nrefhiwis@ qen ],wra `nte <ymi@ Markoc pi`apoctoloc@ pecsorp `nneferhemi.

N;o pe `;mau `mV]@ Mari`a ]par;enoc@ twbh `mmof `ejwn@ e;refnai qa pengenoc.

Pinis] `mpatriar,yc@ peniwt abba Ceuyroc@ vyeta nef`cbwou`i =e=;=u@ `erouwini `mpennouc.

Peniwt `n`omologityc@ abba Diockoroc@ afmisi `ejen pinah]@ oube niheretikoc.

Nem nenio] tyrou@ `etauranaf `mP=o=c@ `ere pou`cmou =e=;=u@ swpi nan `nourefrwic.

Hiten noueu,y@ ari`hmot nan V]@ `mpi,w `ebol `nte nennobi@ moi nan `noucw]. [/coptic]

PS sorry for the long txt, but I couldnt find the Morning Doxology complete in the Text Library (Mina, perhaps you could edit it, under the following link it starts from Piouwini:
  • Okay, we start from scratch.

Let's assume we are in a church where we pray all the prayers in the correct time, this is how the schedule should look like:

Saturday evening
    -6:15 PM:      Agpeya, the 9th, 11th and 12th hour (usually only prayed by a few deacons)
    -6:45 PM:      Vesper praise (the tasbeha of the evening if you will, also usually prayed by some
                      deacons, starting from psalm 116 niethnos, the fourth Hos, the saturday Psali and
                      Theotokia + Lobsh + Conclusion)
    -7:30 PM:      Vespers, the evening raising of incense

---------------------------

-8:30 PM:    the Agpeya (3 services of midnight)
    -9:00 PM:    the midnight praise (tasbeha)
    -11:30 PM:    sandwiches of foul

OR IN THE ORIGINAL RITES THE MIDNIGHT PRAISE IS PRAYED IN THE MORNING

Sundaymorning
    -4:00 AM: the Agpeya (3 services of midnight)
    -4:30 AM: the midnight praise (tasbeha)

---------------------------------------------------

-7:30 AM:      the Agpeya (first hour of agpeya, in my experience usually prayed by deacons before
                      abouna comes)
    -7:45 AM:    the morning doxology (as posted in my previous post, also usually prayed before
                      abouna comes, in my church he always comes in the middle of it lol)

-8:00 AM:    Matins/morning raising of incense: simulair to the prayers of vespers.
                      It also includes the thankgiving prayer, the verses of the cymbals, litany for the
                      sick/oblations, doxologies, the gospel etc.

-8:30 AM:    you get dressed as a deacon and pray the agpeya (3rd and 6th hour)
    -9:00 AM:    the offertory, and the Mass proceeds to the end

In most churches the Agpeya of midnight and the tasbeha are prayed in the evening (after Vespes) instead of early in the morning.
    Now, if you have other questions you could ask them per "time zone" lol, that makes the whole thing easier.
  • No, i understand that regardless of which timezone u live in, the mass will be around that time in the morning.

The list u gave was brilliant, but could u tell me what is lobsh?
    WHat hymns should be prayed in the tasbeha on each day AND during the times you specified below. Could you put in Excel and upload it??? U seem to know what u are talking about.

I'll explain why i'm upset, and eager for this information.

There are 2 ways of singing Tenouosht: First with the cymbals, secondly in the tune of Pi-O-oiney enta efmi. During Bright saturday, my friend did it the "cymbals way" - and then prayed Pi-o-oiney enta efmey. Logically, he should have prayed Ten-ou-osht in the Pi-o-oiney tune (given that it was at 1 AM!) . I TOLD HIM. He didnt believe me, but i didn't have any formal qualifications to even convince him.

I don't even know what lobsh means; but it feels funny on my tongue.

Where then in the list below mate do we do Tenousht etc?? Please plesae could you do this in a nice table format; and even - why not give this to Iqbal to upload on this website. It would be a great tool to use for everyone who wishes to do the tasbeha.

• yah sure, uhm, i'll see if i can make some sort of table this week or else next week.

There are 2 ways of singing Tenouosht: First with the cymbals, secondly in the tune of Pi-O-oiney enta efmi. During Bright saturday, my friend did it the "cymbals way" - and then prayed Pi-o-oiney enta efmey. Logically, he should have prayed Ten-ou-osht in the Pi-o-oiney tune (given that it was at 1 AM!) . I TOLD HIM. He didnt believe me, but i didn't have any formal qualifications to even convince him.

Now, the confusing thing about bright saturday is that its rites are unique. It's totally different than anything else because it mixes "paschal" hours with tasbeha, matins and apocalyps readings.
    On bright saturday "tenouosht" is said in the annual cymbals way, because (just like in the 3 nativity/epiphany/resurrection) this part of the morning doxologies is used as "verses of the cymbals". But since bright saturday follows the annual tune (or half paschal tune), you don't use the festal tune (in contrast to the tenouosht you would say on resurrection eve).

With me so far? Just one little thing, I dont understand what you mean by the "piouoini tune"!

Oh, and Lobsh means "explanation"
    All the Theotokia's (except the one of sunday) have a "lobsh"
    The first Hoos has a Lobsh (khen ou shot), just like the Second Hoos (Maren ouonh).
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=63.msg70292#msg70292 date=1177342412]

my bad, i'll edit it.
    anyway you can find the Tenoo-osht here:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=235 (with Nativity verses)
    and the 7 Ways are here: (with the rest of the doxology and Neknai)
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1555

[quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70295#msg70295 date=1177350115]
    that's why i just thought it would be better to not include Bright Saturday rites on here do to the confusion.
  • Hos Erof,

What u wrote was fantastic, it would be a huge shame not to make it more detailed. Its absolutely perfect. Just include the way in which each hymn in the tasbeha is sung, and for the period to sing it in (i.e. sanawee, 7azayni... etc??)

Just do it in English (please :)) . I know the instructions in the tasbeha are in arabic,but i don't understand it.

I meant that pi-o-oiney enta evmi tune. U know.. PiOoiney enta evmy, vi-et-ero-oiney, ero-mi niven ethnayo epi-kosmos. "Oh True Light... who gives light to the world" .. this tune. Im saying that Tenoosht can be done in this tune, and can be done in the cymbal way. Ahh!! I see from your comment that the cymbal way was correct for Bright saturday!?? Interesting... its just they did Tenoosht TWICE, and and both times with the cymbals.. i prefered the slower Pi-O-iney way.

Listen, if u do this sheet, it will be a great help.

Also, how is Khen Oshot an explanation of the 1st Hos , Hos??
  • [quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70293#msg70293 date=1177343309]

So, i come into Church at 8AM in the hope of trying to avoid purgatory time, and to attend ANYTHING before the mass starts. So, what happens??

Hahaha purgatory time
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=topic=63.msg70305#msg70305 date=1177361855]
    [quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70293#msg70293 date=1177343309]

Hahaha purgatory time

so what does this mean???????????
  • Purgatory is a place believed to exist by the roman catholic church in which people are temporarily punished for their sins on earth. Upon completion they go to heaven and live happily ever after.
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=topic=63.msg70317#msg70317 date=1177377165]
    Purgatory is a place believed to exist by the roman catholic church in which people are temporarily punished for their sins on earth. Upon completion they go to heaven and live happily ever after.

i know what's 'Purgatory' but what i want to know is what does it have to do with our post here?
  • Mina,
    I think Davidschanter understood my message. I was saying that perhaps its a good idea to come in early to get some spiritual browny points, or perhaps they could go towards accummulating points to help reduce time in purgatory. lol... eh ya mina.. i don't know! I just wanted to find a good reason to come to Church early!!! THere must be some benefits in coming before the mass starts!!! OK! We don't believe in Purgatory, I KNOW (!!) lakin, perhaps if it did exist, it would go towards helping reducing needless hanging around some place in the middle of nowhere, wasting time , when we could be enjoying paradise.

[quote author=minagir link=topic=63.msg70308#msg70308 date=1177362679]
    [quote author=davidschanter link=topic=63.msg70305#msg70305 date=1177361855]
    [quote author=vassilios link=topic=63.msg70293#msg70293 date=1177343309]

Hahaha purgatory time

so what does this mean???????????