Very Early Sunday Morning

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Does anyone know where I can get the song "Very Early Sunday Morning" in English?

Comments

• [quote author=feltaos link=topic=5190.msg69555#msg69555 date=1176259153]
    Does anyone know where I can get the song "Very Early Sunday Morning" in English?

here is the text:
    http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/index.php?a=view&id=1041

the audio am not sure it's recorded or not....but i did hear it from someone in Austrelia....not sure where thoo
  • [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

I think that's the wrong link.

I just found the lyrics:

EARLY SUNDAY MORNING

Very early Sunday Morning,
    While the people were asleep,
    Jesus is risen declaring,
    He is the Lord of heaven and earth. (2)

Refrain:
    Resurrection is my song,
    Resurrection gave me life,
    Resurrection made me strong,
    Jesus my Lord is alive. (2)

Jesus is risen in glory,
    Heaven and earth sang and praised,
    And the angel told the story,
    He is risen as He said. (2)

Mary Magdalene was looking,
    In the garden for her Lord,
    While Jesus Himself was telling,
    Her to go and spread the word. (2)

All the disciples were praying,
    They were really in great fear,
    When Mary came to them saying,
    He is risen He is not here. (2)

While they were in the room,
    Jesus Christ Himself appeared:
    My peace I give to you,
    And My peace with you I leave. (2)

But Thomas did not believe,
    What the disciples have seen,
    So Jesus again appeared,
    Showed him the place of the spear. (2)

Tell the Marys no more mourning,
    Among the dead do not seek,
    For Jesus our Lord is living,
    Giving power to the weak. (2)

Jesus my victorious Lord,
    Conquered the powers of Hades,
    And the thorn of death He broke,
    my salvation he declared. (2)

The heavenly hosts were singing,
    Welcoming our Glorious Lord,
    And the joy is overwhelming,
    He opened the doors of hope. (2)

Alleluia Alleluia, Risen is the Lord of peace,
    Alleluia Alleluia, Truly He's risen indeed. (2)

• [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69557#msg69557 date=1176260295]
    [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

I think that's the wrong link.

my bad, i fixed it now.

Isn't it funny how the same song has two different lyrics.  :D
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69560#msg69560 date=1176261182]

Isn't it funny how the same song has two different lyrics.  :D

not the same songs at all. deffernt

Perhaps you misunderstood what I'm referring to.  I was talking about the lyrics I posted and the ones you linked to.  They are the same song, but the lyrics are slightly different.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69587#msg69587 date=1176304617]

Perhaps you misunderstood what I'm referring to.  I was talking about the lyrics I posted and the ones you linked to.  They are the same song, but the lyrics are slightly different.

oh, yeah. well i post the ones that r on text library and that i get from what we use in my church.

We really need to work on making all the songs in english with the same lyrics the way it is in arabic.  It will make singing them so much easier. 
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69589#msg69589 date=1176305260]

We really need to work on making all the songs in english with the same lyrics the way it is in arabic.  It will make singing them so much easier. 

well i just checked the original arabic, it's not even close to mine or ur translation.
    like it says:

[right]عند شق الفجر باكر   في صباح الأحد
      قام رب المجد ناصر  شعبه للأبد
    [/right]

On the beginning of the dawn,
    on Sunday's morning,
    The Lord of glory was risen and defeating,
    for His people forever.

This was a poor litiral translation and i don't anyone would except this. so what i personally consider and use with the guidence of my church servants, is the tune and the main theme of the parts in arabic.
    on the southern dicese site, suscopts.org/deacons, there is all kind of hymns, 95% of them are translated from the arabic which mostly doesn't make sense to me, doesn't sound right when sung, and doesn't rhyme. of course you can't always rhyme all hymns but u do what you can to make it sound acceptable and understandable.

I see what you're saying.  But if we came up with one standardized translation and then just distributed to all the churches, that might make things easier.  I don't know though, it is almost certainly going to be a lot of work to get done.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69594#msg69594 date=1176306824]

I see what you're saying.  But if we came up with one standardized translation and then just distributed to all the churches, that might make things easier.  I don't know though, it is almost certainly going to be a lot of work to get done.

well that's very hard. this is applys also for the english hymns. we, from the archdiocease on north america, cam up with a standred way for the english liturgy, st. Basil resoponses (audio appllys to the coptic, english uses the translation of the SOuthern diocease, book published by HG. Youssef and HG. Sarapion.) and it was approved by HH from about 2 yrs ago. but guess what, the only church that actually follows is my church, St. Mark's JC, and i think St. Phelopater Makarius just started using it.
    so it's really hard to unify the church since everything thinks they are right and that's what is supposed to use.
    am really not surprised, we're copts, we don't trust each other, and we're so slefish of what we know.

That's a shame.  I guess it's just so much harder to unify in a language that covers so much of a large area (i.e. the churches are so scattered).  I guess what made arabic so unified was the fact that initially the entire church was based in egypt.  Rabena mawgood ba2a.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69599#msg69599 date=1176308447]

That's a shame.  I guess it's just so much harder to unify in a language that covers so much of a large area (i.e. the churches are so scattered).  I guess what made arabic so unified was the fact that initially the entire church was based in egypt.  Rabena mawgood ba2a.

Well am He's there. i am not realy worried. as i said before in one of the posts, we wont leave this earth without on vectorieous church. and with out any pride in myself but in my church, Orthodox is the right and original faith and no one can deny that. So really we should worry about our salvation with that true church
  • Does anybody have in Audio to download and listen...please..Thanks
  • [quote author=manal1437 link=topic=5190.msg70316#msg70316 date=1177376945]
    Does anybody have in Audio to download and listen...please..Thanks

Please...

I would like to learn how to sing the song.
  • Here is a very nice recording of this song, I hope you guys listen to this, its very nice!!!

http://rapidshare.com/files/29360301/09._Very_Early_Sunday_Morning.mp3.html
  • WOW how did you get this audio its wonderfull many people have people have been looking for this song.
  • Downloaded it!

I listened to it.

It is very beautiful, very edifying...Truely enriching to the orthodox faithful.

Thank you.

PS
    I am so greatful for the resources which come through Coptic Church by the Holy Spirit. So much has come out through the Coptic Church community not just to feed the Copts but all the world. A true act of Universal, Apostolic mission in our time.

The world needs to hear from the Holy Church...right now. This song is a key. Which can open the hardened hearts of men.

All of our communities (which is the One Holy Universal Church of God) must all work diligently to deliver the true message of hope to the lost in this world.

Speaking for my community we are not doing as much as we should and not nearly as much as we used to and are showing no signs of any change for the better for any forseable future. We are preaching and teaching and praising God to oursleves in a language only we can understand while at the same time thier are people who are looking for the true message of salvation right around us, people who are very hungry for the true faith of the Fathers; but we do not heed to this need. WE do not give them what they need. I have seen visiters (seekers of truth) come and mostly due to gross disregard from those of us who feel that "they" are not from our country and do not speak "our" language .... they go; to never be seen again.

This saddens me greatly.

Christ did not speak our langauge either and was not from our country. So how does one explain that? The Church of pentacost which is our One Universal Apostoluic Church of God started with ALL languages thus revoking from the true Church ( in mass ) all ideas of cultural superiority based on language and culture.

The Holy Spirit crushed this last stumbling block only for us to place it in front of us now in our day and time.

It is very dangerous to keep "our" languages as a badge of pedigree and pride in the place of true Apostolic mission. Our "great"" heritages and languages were our down fall.

Christ alone is what saved us.

Our great heritages and languages are powerless in the space of Christ.

These are important tradittions which we must keep and cherish. But not at the expense of the work of the Church which is missionary.

It seems to me that a people who truely fears God will obey His commandments and one of those are to "feed my sheep" and another is "preach the Gosple to ALL the world".

Coptic, Arabic, Geez, Amharic, Aramaic, Syrian etc are not spoken by all the world. So we must be a mulilingual nation. Mainly outside our national bounderies.

Where we exist among nations of English speakers we must speak English. It is our duty to seek out the needy; not the other way. And when we experience a "seeker" we must feed him.

WE can teach anyone Coptic or Geez for example later on after we have already enriched the person and gave them the gifts of the Holy Church. Then over time they will (can) in a manner suitable to thier growth in the faith learn the heritages, languages of our respective backgrounds.

I am very happy that we are all doing something (big or small). It is however a blessing within our efforts that we have the resources coming through our tireless Coptic brothers. I have rarely (really never yet) tried to find good 'orthodox' Christian scholarship on something and failed to find it thanks to Coptic resources.

I am trying to give praise to the Holy Spirit whom without none of us could do anything at all.

Thanks everyone for letting me air my feelings on this.

Give God the Glory..."Ekristos Anesti".....Amein. ("Christ has Risen" .....Amen).

Again....Thanks!
  • That recording is wonderful. Can you please let us know who recorded it? We would like to take to add this beautiful song and any similar songs they have and attribute it to them.

Thanks
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5190.msg69589#msg69589 date=1176305260]

i agree, the one i have learnt starts diff;
    very early sunday morning, while the guards were still asleep
    our lord arose declaring his promise he did keep
  • can some1 help me  ??? whenever i download it it says cannot locate file...plz help

thank you
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5190.msg70641#msg70641 date=1178399975]
    can some1 help me  ??? whenever i download it it says cannot locate file...plz help

thank you

so this page doesnt open up for u at all,
    http://rs118.rapidshare.com/files/29360301/09._Very_Early_Sunday_Morning.mp3
    its not a very sttraight forward download, i jus clicked free button then download from.., type in code,
    if ur still having probs do u want me to email it to u?
  • Guys........................................... why go through all of this!!!!
    the song can be found here:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Major_Feasts_of_the_Lord/Resurrection/Diocese_of_Los_Angeles_Deacons.html

and the rest of the hymns that the group recorded.
  • NO WAYY!!!!!!!!!! has that song always existed as an audio on tasbeha??? afta yrs of searching (hint of exaggeration).....Minagir, you hectic one....where u been???
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5190.msg70725#msg70725 date=1178630209]
    NO WAYY!!!!!!!!!! has that song always existed as an audio on tasbeha??? afta yrs of searching (hint of exaggeration).....Minagir, you hectic one....where u been???

lol.

didn't you read this:
    [quote author=mikesl link=topic=5190.msg70625#msg70625 date=1178317134]
    That recording is wonderful. Can you please let us know who recorded it? We would like to take to add this beautiful song and any similar songs they have and attribute it to them.

so i guess someone uploaded the whole album and it was put online. it's on the 'What's New' list.
    you guys are just to lazy to look there on the home page...... :P

and it was only done about a week ago.....not much ago.
  • really? lol thanks people