Who knows hazaat? I need your help.

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I planned a little project to do in my spare time which is to write hazaat for all the hymns in tasbeha, it's gonna take a while but God willingly I'll finish it someday, anyway I lost most of the hazaat I wrote before, so I have to start over, I need someone to go over these and tell me what they think, these are for esmou epchois in the 3rd hos.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Dear kyrillos02,
    I like your idea very much. However, I am aware that other people follow their own ways of doing these melismata (hazaat) for other hymns like in the Holy Passion Week. What I want to note here is I think that each and every person would have their distinct way of doing it, and memorising it as well. Therefore, I wouldn't say the work you are doing is good or bad, but if you can surely spread it around (to other people, and apparently Sunday school children) your work might then make sense to many people, and maybe your way will become standard. After all, I like your idea very much. Carry on, and God bless you. That is what I believe; it is the Holy Spirit who kept these hymns (most if not all) from extinction over two thousand years, will surely bless you and guide you through your work. Don't forget to mention my name in your prayers. God bless you
  • Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, but in my church everyone started learning this way and they like it, especially since we have this packet we got from a priest with all the Holy Week hymns, and every deacon pretty much agrees on it, it helped me learn long hymns like pekethronos cause it was hard to just memorize the hymn at one time, at least for me.
    Anyone else got opinions?
  • [quote author=kyrillos02 link=topic=5183.msg69431#msg69431 date=1176054465]
    I planned a little project to do in my spare time which is to write hazaat for all the hymns in tasbeha, it's gonna take a while but God willingly I'll finish it someday, anyway I lost most of the hazaat I wrote before, so I have to start over, I need someone to go over these and tell me what they think, these are for esmou epchois in the 3rd hos.

Thank you for your time.

someone allready started this.
    http://hazzat.com/

also this is really not reliable since there is many sopurces around. also every single person understands diffrent hazzat.
  • Dear kyrillos02,
    I am very happy to hear that about your church. It is good that you have this as a common thing for learning between the deacons in your church. But, I would still agree with minagir, which is what I believe really. Not every one would understand it, as each and every single person might have their own distinctive way. Anyway, God help you and bless you. Please mention my name in your prayers
  • Thanks for the site, they don't have any for tasbeha though
    well yeah I guess you're right but I'm just gonna do it for my church since we all use the same hazaat and we're used to the same thing, I'm not looking to getting it published or anything.
  • [quote author=kyrillos02 link=topic=5183.msg69450#msg69450 date=1176067156]
    Thanks for the site, they don't have any for tasbeha though
    well yeah I guess you're right but I'm just gonna do it for my church since we all use the same hazaat and we're used to the same thing, I'm not looking to getting it published or anything.

about tasbeha hymns, i just want to say that i can do a whole tasbeha by myself with many long hymns. but guess what, i didn't try to learn any of those bty doing hazzat or learning across tapes. all of them i learned from going to tasbeha atleast once a week, in my church.
  • Well yeah I know most long hymns to do tasbeha by myself, and I learned them from: going to tasbeha and learning without hazaat, but I'm not doing this for me.
  • kyrillos02 what church r u from?
  • Holmdel, chubby cheeks?
  • how and where do i learn hazaat?
  • Please excuse my ignorance i have heard of hazzat but how do you read them. do you have to know the tune already and it is just an aid or what. Again please excuse my ignorance becuase i have never used hazzat to learn any hymns.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • hey kyrillos whattup.  yeah for all who are wondering what's  going on i am from the same church as kyrillos and we hazzat a lot becuase it really helps especially that we have a projection system so when we put it on the computer for the projectora and follow the hazzzat it helps a lot of people who don't know the hymn or don't know coptic at all they could follow along instead of them just sittting there lkistening or not bored out of their minds not knowing what the deacons are doing or saying

GBU

P4M
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5183.msg69488#msg69488 date=1176144019]
    Please excuse my ignorance i have heard of hazzat but how do you read them. do you have to know the tune already and it is just an aid or what. Again please excuse my ignorance becuase i have never used hazzat to learn any hymns.

You kinda have to know the hymn, yes it's just like an aid, it tells you when to say it so you don't forget when to say what, it's really really really helpful, the way you read them is every line is one vowel sound like an eh, oh, or ah. the "." means a pause, the little smiley faces looking things mean that those hazaat are said fast and almost in their own little group, if you want i'll write you hazaat for a hymn that you already know so you could see an example and understand.
  • [quote author=kyrillos02 link=topic=5183.msg69502#msg69502 date=1176164282]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5183.msg69488#msg69488 date=1176144019]
    Please excuse my ignorance i have heard of hazzat but how do you read them. do you have to know the tune already and it is just an aid or what. Again please excuse my ignorance becuase i have never used hazzat to learn any hymns.

You kinda have to know the hymn, yes it's just like an aid, it tells you when to say it so you don't forget when to say what, it's really really really helpful, the way you read them is every line is one vowel sound like an eh, oh, or ah. the "." means a pause, the little smiley faces looking things mean that those hazaat are said fast and almost in their own little group, if you want i'll write you hazaat for a hymn that you already know so you could see an example and understand.

lol, that's why you have to make ur own. lol...i know people who like draw high lines and all that to the point that the hazza looks like a graphic house. very weird. and yes, it's is helpful most of the time but if u don't use it, khalas. like i said before not everyone does ue them. i know pppl who r against all of that.
    for myslef, i do rit hazat but only til i remeber the hymns without them. for example Kerie leison the long verses of cymbals of lent. it was hard to rit notes for it, but i did it and learned it and now i know it with out notes.

• Thanks for clearing that up for me, thats what i thought when i looked at that website i kind of understood it but wasn't too sure like i looked at Evlogimenos and i kind of got how the lines were and stuff. Thanks again.

• still WHERE DO U LEARN THAT KINDA STUFF?? is it taught or just personally made up? ii looked at the site however was not able to make a common aspect between the first post and his type of hazaat and with the one onm the link. they werent even similar!
  • Well that site uses a way that NO ONE ever uses, at least that I've seen, which is horizontal, all hazaat I've seen written by other people were vertical. And yeah it's kind of a personal thing.

And to minagir, yeah I do what you do, I use them just so I get familier with the hymn but then I don't need them.
  • Dear why,
    I think you are a bit confused about this. As you can read from other comments, no one teaches hazzat, as it doesn't have a standardised method of drawing up or teaching, as you can understand from the other posts, every one has their own way of understanding them for themselves, and it is only kyrillos02 that shares this in common with other deacons in his church. Not standard though, not general; just something for every one on their own accord. If you are very interested in learning the longer hymns, you can start your own way as well.
    God bless you, and mention me in your prayers
  • so theres not even a GENERAL SIMPLE method where everyone can do hazaat on their own acord however very similar in the type...

BEcuase i have deacons  who have written HAzzAT on their own accord on the same hymn and when the two sheets came together, although they werent identical, the letters were all too similar...there must be a COMMON pattern!
  • Dear why,
    My understanding is that there is no general pattern. Every one will follow their own concept of these melismata, how they draw it, and what it means for them: I mean they memorise these in a certain way, that obviously would be unique and different to anyone else. It is interesting though that you said comparing some deacons sheets, you found them similar. That is only my understanding.
    God bless you and mention me in your prayers
  • [quote author=why link=topic=5183.msg69521#msg69521 date=1176204277]
    BEcuase i have deacons  who have written HAzzAT on their own accord on the same hymn and when the two sheets came together, although they werent identical, the letters were all too similar...there must be a COMMON pattern!

the common and the right mathed is to recieve it from a muallem. in most of r cases there isn't any, so u listen to tapes and learn.

• The 3rd Canticle is now posted on the http://www.hazzat.com website.  It also has the hazzat for this hymn.

• [quote author=fadyham link=topic=5183.msg70747#msg70747 date=1178657614]

The 3rd Canticle is now posted on the http://www.hazzat.com website.  It also has the hazzat for this hymn.

i like it...... but what's the source of the hazzat thoo???
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5183.msg70754#msg70754 date=1178659225]

i like it...... but what's the source of the hazzat thoo???

I'm not sure I understand your question, but it has the hazzat for esmou epchoice, and arihoou chasf (not hos erof).  The hazzat were done according to the way Ibrahim Ayad and the HICS say it.

Did I answer your question?
  • [quote author=fadyham link=topic=5183.msg70755#msg70755 date=1178661653]
    Did I answer your question?

yes u did..thanks