Learn Coptic

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Random Issues
anyone have any reasorces to help me in learning coptic. pls, nothing for BEGGINNERS, i want something that would help me IMPROVE. however just give me everthing u have pls

if anyone lives in australia sydney, pls tell me if they hace a specific CD, book, tape wateva in their church maktaba, ill be glad to chek it out

this is with both reading, writing, pronouncing, practising coptic...EVERYTHING u name it

also, if anyone has a list of common coptic words, with their english meaning besides them, or a website that does, it would be greatly apprectiated.

your sister in christ
GBU

Comments

• [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=4814;start=0#msg65509 date=1167313994]
    anyone have any reasorces to help me in learning coptic. pls, nothing for BEGGINNERS, i want something that would help me IMPROVE. however just give me everthing u have pls

if anyone lives in australia sydney, pls tell me if they hace a specific CD, book, tape wateva in their church maktaba, ill be glad to chek it out

this is with both reading, writing, pronouncing, practising coptic...EVERYTHING u name it

also, if anyone has a list of common coptic words, with their english meaning besides them, or a website that does, it would be greatly apprectiated.

your sister in christ
    GBU

well if you wanna improve, just goto tasbeha every singale week (is they ever pray coptic in your chuch).
  • The lessons on this website are really nice.

http://www.stshenouda.com/coptlang/cptlsn1w.htm
  • Get the book, i forgot the name, something Boharic Coptic
  • An excellent excellent book on learning coptic is "So You want to learn Coptic" by Sameh Younan.
  • if this help tell me and i can send you the rest of them
  • Hey if you don't mind i would like to have the others as well. Thanks in advance
  • Yeh, I have this book called "So you want to learn Coptic". This book is very helpful and easy.
  • this is the second lesson.. tell me if it is still useful ..they are about 5 lessons
  • yes they are helpful they are not for me they are for a friend so if you could get the rest fo them to me as soon as possible that would be great thanks
  • Fourth lesson
  • fifth and last Lesson
  • Thank you so much i really appreciate it and my friend will love these. Thanks again.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • No Problem . Rememeber me in your prayers
    and tell me if you need anything else
  • Alright i definetly will. Thanks again i really appreciate it remember me in your prayers as well
  • oh thankyou so much i was looken for something like this..basic words and their meanings in english!!!
  • no problem at all .. just pray 4 me
  • umm does anyone have coptic words and then the sound of it written in english..that will imensley help!!

so its like esos..and the coptic word next to it..and then the meaning of the word esos...PLS that is what i need...LIKE SERIOUSLY>...
  • Thanks for your help

PRay for me
    +WHY+
  • Dear why,
    If you haven't got bored yet of what the other members helped you with, I do have another website for you. I didn't check it out myself, but I know some of the people who built it up, and I think it will be both interesting and of high quality (whether beginners, or advanced learners). The website is www.remenkimi.com. I am sure it is dot com, however you may just google the word "remenkimi", and I am positive you know what the word means as it is a Coptic one, don't you? God bless you with your learning, and please don't keep it to yourself. Pass it down to your kids, and Sunday school children if you can. God bless you and please mention my name in your prayers.
  • hmm remenkimi, heard it SEVERAL timesand i used to know the meaning, but sorry i havent studied coptic or read anything about coptic for over 4 years. PLS refresh my memory, and yes i will check out your  link. thanks very much and ill tell you what i think

+WHY+
  • yes i took a biref look, looks very useful thankyou for that.

i particulary like the 14 step course, very enchantful!!

thankyou again
    +WHY+
  • Dear why,
    "Remenkimi", means Egyptian; or literally belonging to Egypt. the word "Kimi" means Egypt, and remen is a prefix meaning belonging to; so you could say "acbi en remenkimi", which means Egyptian language, or Coptic, or simply "laoc en remenkimi", which means people of Egypt, or the Egyptians, or just "remenkimi", which would in that case mean "an Egyptian".
    I haven't studied Coptic as a language though; all my knowledge comes from Psalmodies and Kholagies, so correct me if I am wrong, when you do study hard. God bless you and mention me in your prayers.
  • thanks coptic luva
  • Haii there was this booklet that Mr. Gad gave us a while ago.. it says something like 'teach yourself Coptic' on the front... i found it recently if you want it.. I can make you a copy [Lately I've also become interested in learning the coptic language, shame we didn't take advantage of it when we had had the chance, at least I didn't LOL.. but that's another story, for another time.]
    Let me know..
    cyah!
  • Coptic isnt that hard really, they have a bit of english letters, i taught myself coptic u should look at the copitc letter than look at the english and you will soon get the hang of it.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=4814.msg69592#msg69592 date=1176306255]
    Haii there was this booklet that Mr. Gad gave us a while ago.. it says something like 'teach yourself Coptic' on the front... i found it recently if you want it.. I can make you a copy [Lately I've also become interested in learning the coptic language, shame we didn't take advantage of it when we had had the chance, at least I didn't LOL.. but that's another story, for another time.]
    Let me know..
    cyah!

PLS and yes what a shame, i miss the coptic lessons..really want them back!