Sabbath

edited April 2007 in Faith Issues
Hi

I'm looking for scriptural evidence supporting why we have the Sabbath on Sunday as opposed to Saturday like seven day Adventists. Also, any randomness about seven day Adventists and how they differ from us.

-Mark

Comments

• sunday is the day the lord resurrected and the day that salvation was completed; so it's the day the Lord truly rested

i guess u can look up for the verses that talk about the resurrection on the third day ;)

hope tis helped
  • If anybody knows any good vereses I would appriciate it.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Along the lines of what Matt has said:

Very early on the first day of the week, they *came to the tomb when the sun had risen.
    -- Mark 16:2

Now after He had risen early on the first day of the week, He first appeared to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons.
    -- Mark 16:9

But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared.
    -- Luke 24:1

Now, the only explicit verse I was able to find about celebrating the Divine Liturgy (in particular the Eucharist) is here:

On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul began talking to them, intending to leave the next day, and he prolonged his message until midnight.
    -- Acts 20:7

Please feel free to read these verses in their original context as well.  This was just a quick search online, but I'm sure you'll be able to find more like it.

Please pray for me.