treat others the way you want to be treated

edited February 2007 in Random Issues
This is a really good example. Could change the way you view life!!

Boy Wets Pants
Come with me to a third grade classroom.....  There is a nine-year-old  kidsitting at his desk and all of a sudden, there is a  puddle between hisfeet and the front of his pants  are wet. He thinks his heart is going tostop  because he cannot  possibly imagine how this has happened. It's neverhappened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will neverhear the end of it.  When the girls find out, they'll never speak to himagain as long as he lives.  The boy believes his heart is going to stop; heputs his head down and  prays this prayer, "Dear God, this is an emergency!I  need help now! Five minutes from now I'm dead  meat." He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in hereyes that says he has been discovered. As the teacher is walking towardhim, a classmate named Susie is  carrying a goldfish bowl that is filledwith water. Susie  trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps thebowl of water in the boy's lap. The boy pretends to be angry, but all thewhile is saying to himself,  "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"  Now allof a  sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy  is theobject of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gymshorts to put on while  his pants dry out. All the otherchildren are on their hands and knees cleaning uparound his desk.  The sympathy is wonderful. But as life would have  it,the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else- Susie. She tries to help,  but they tell her to get out.  You've doneenough, you klutz!" Finally, at the  end of the day, as they are waitingfor the bus, the  boy walks over to Susie and whispers, "You did that onpurpose, didn't you?" Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once too." May God help us see the opportunities that are always around us to do good.Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any morethan standing in your garage makes you a car or giving birth makes you amother.  Each and everyone one of us are going through tough times rightnow, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keepthe faith.

Comments

• that is such a nice story, it really teaches me a good lesson-----help ppl and they will help u back, thanks for this story :)

EgY
  • That's a very nice story indeed  :) thx 4 sharing
  • very nice story i love it
  • amazing, thanks for that. btw suzie is a smart chik LOL
  • Great Story
  • if only everyone was like suzie *sigh* no matter how many stories good ppl like you, shybox, post...it's sadly not gonna happen. but cute story :)
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=5041.msg69629#msg69629 date=1176349559]
    if only everyone was like suzie *sigh* no matter how many stories good ppl like you, shybox, post...it's sadly not gonna happen. but cute story :)

so true however there are alot of people out there who are like that!!
  • yea, that's very true :)...but sadly not enough :( ...every day....there's an oppurtunity for almost everyone to do something .. good...only ..mmm 30% of ppl take advantage of this chance....in my opinion anyways....i guess all we can do is be some what of role models to others and do all the good we can  do.
  • [quote author=shybox link=topic=5041.msg68045#msg68045 date=1172542181]
    This is a really good example. Could change the way you view life!!

Boy Wets Pants
    Come with me to a third grade classroom.....  There is a nine-year-old  kidsitting at his desk and all of a sudden, there is a  puddle between hisfeet and the front of his pants  are wet. He thinks his heart is going tostop  because he cannot  possibly imagine how this has happened. It's neverhappened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will neverhear the end of it.  When the girls find out, they'll never speak to himagain as long as he lives.  The boy believes his heart is going to stop; heputs his head down and  prays this prayer, "Dear God, this is an emergency!I  need help now! Five minutes from now I'm dead  meat." He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in hereyes that says he has been discovered. As the teacher is walking towardhim, a classmate named Susie is  carrying a goldfish bowl that is filledwith water. Susie  trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps thebowl of water in the boy's lap. The boy pretends to be angry, but all thewhile is saying to himself,  "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"  Now allof a  sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy  is theobject of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gymshorts to put on while  his pants dry out. All the otherchildren are on their hands and knees cleaning uparound his desk.  The sympathy is wonderful. But as life would have  it,the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else- Susie. She tries to help,  but they tell her to get out.  You've doneenough, you klutz!" Finally, at the  end of the day, as they are waitingfor the bus, the  boy walks over to Susie and whispers, "You did that onpurpose, didn't you?" Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once too." May God help us see the opportunities that are always around us to do good.Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any morethan standing in your garage makes you a car or giving birth makes you amother.  Each and everyone one of us are going through tough times rightnow, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keepthe faith.

I was sitting in my office when I read this.

I broke out into tears immediately.

I was completely caught off gaurd.

I do not know who you are that wrote this are where you got if from; but may God continue to give you more and more.

In my native togue we say "Egzi-abeher yisterlng...betum". It is sort of like saying: "may God give you much more than you gave me even if I have to loose what you already gave". But much stronger and more polite than English will allow.

So I say to you...."Egzi-abeher yisterlng ...betum betum"
  • Selam deakon amde, endemin aleh. 

Welcome to this site. I'm sure you will like it.
  • [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=5041.msg70582#msg70582 date=1178151182]
    Selam deakon amde, endemin aleh. 

I am fine thanks be to God my brother....thank you.
    ( Dehenah; Egzi-abeher yimisgen wendemeyeh.....amesegin-aleow)

I look forward to to having a nice experience here.

Yesews Keristews Tineswal.
    Keristews Tinsa-eh imutaneh

Selam
  • [quote author=Dcn. Amde link=topic=5041.msg70596#msg70596 date=1178214020]
    [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=5041.msg70582#msg70582 date=1178151182]
    Selam deakon amde, endemin aleh. 

I am fine thanks be to God my brother....thank you.
    ( Dehenah; Egzi-abeher yimisgen wendemeyeh.....amesegin-aleow)

I look forward to to having a nice experience here.

Yesews Keristews Tineswal.
    Keristews Tinsa-eh imutaneh

Selam

I don't mean to hijack anything, but i kind of have a problem with your avatar. 

After reading this thread, "threat others the way you want to be treated", do you really support Abune Paulos
    after he was silent on June and November massacres that took place in Addis?

You can PM me your response or reply here.

Thank you.
  • My good brother how are you?

Let me first say Christ has Risen!

I am not sure of your understanding of the Holy Orthodox Church.

I am assuming that you are an Orthodox Christian who is a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahado Church ( Or the Church of Ethiopia).

I do not support the sins, short comings, negligences or abuses from any man (person). He can be pope (patriarch), priest, deacon, laymen or any person including any of my own family or even yours.

However; I love you and respect you as Christ commanded. I have no other choice because if I do not than I can not serve God. As such I must pray for you and give you the support you need within my God given abilities.

The same Goes for everyone else who are in Christ first and to those who need to find Him as I can find the way and strength.

I love H H Abuna Paulos. He is Patriarch of Ethiopia as is recognised by entire Universal Church world wide. He is our Christian brother.

If he sins ( as he will ) (as we all will ) I will not embrace the sins. But pray for him to have the grace of the Holy Spirit remove his shortages and help him to serve in rightiousness and peace. I fieel this way about all the fathers of the whole Universal Church Apostolic Orthodox Church of God. I pray this for you to.

To Not "support" as you say our patriarch is heresey against the whole Universal Church of God which is Orthodox. To speak against any Holy father is a great sin.

To "follow" people who are not standing in peace in the One Holy Universal Apostolic Church of God is also a breach of Church law and is heresy. I am sure you know people who are following 'men' who are doing the things 'the people' beleive is right'. I feel sorry for these people. Especially since I do understand that it is seemingly correct to do these things. But the Church is headed by patriarchs who are in communion with one another. Not by isolated individuals. My brother this is not Orthodoxy no matter how right it my be to some.

You know you are in "orthodoxy" when the parish church you are in or attend on occasion or both have "true" Orthodox clergy serving God. These are men who are ordained and serving Chirst's Church in accordance to Christ's commandments and as detailed in the Fetha Negast and the rules of the Holy Church fathers. Clergy (such as myself) of this sort will never ...ever stand away from or speak against any hierarch of any orthodox Church  and definately not thier own Ethiopian hierarchs such as HH Abuna Paulos. An educated clergyman knows that this would be heresy againts the Church in general rendering himself hostile and thus UNFIT to serve the Church.

It does not matter how good or bad  a patriarch is. If the response to a heirarchs actions by a lower clergy causes any contempt or division it is by this result that he is hostile.

The Patriarch is not a man it is a position of the hierarchial church. Different men shall hold this honored position over time. The patriarchate regardless of the person is the vital link with the true orthodox lineage which connects us to all other orthodox churches, Jerusalem , the apostles and Christ. If you (we) let a man send you (us)  out of this lineage who will one day not be alive to sit in the position it is foolish and unorthodox.

Please understand that the Holy Church is not like the protestant religion where if people do not 'like' a head they just "protest" agiants him, her, and get rid of him, her. The Holy Church has rules and order to methods. If a Hierarch is deemed abusive by the synodis thier is an ordrely (peaceful) way that he is handled. This would be done by the bishops NOT THE LAYMEN. LAYMEN HAVE NO PART IN THESE MATTERS. Laymen can pray for the fathers; this is a consructive way of assisting.

"Pray the patriarchs, archbishps, bishops, priests and deacons".....The Ethiopian Liturgy

"love sinners, but reject their works. Do not despise them for thier faults lest you be tempted by the same ones. Remember that you share in the stink of Adam and that you too are clothed in his infirmity"............................................................St. Isaac of Syria

Remember to read the liturgy book sometimes it has a lot of great teaching about how you should be thinking. Also read the fathers this will help you very much in keeping form allowing busy bodies in the church from influencing you.

Like I tell people. "if you are against anyone you have by this action made yoursleves an enemy of Christ....you see Christ is for all people.....when we learn to love our brother we will then learn how to love who is to you not worthy.......Christ loved us and died for us and not one of us is worthy and never will be".

I hope this helps you.

Pray my good brother for our fathers: HH Pope Shenouda, HH Abuna Pawlos, and all the holy fathers as well as HAH Bartholmew (ecuminical patriarch of the One Universal Apostiolic Church of God).

Peace and unit is much better than division and contempt. It is a whole lot harder to get, keep and maintain peace. We must depend on Gods strength with our faith in Christ. But any devil can succeed at division, contempt and all the results therefrom which is protest, hostility and isolation which then leads to yet more insidious creations such as independant churches and clergy which further leads to a lost generation of people who will have to exist in a form of "independant orthoodxy" that is NOT connected with the worldwide Holy Universal and Apostolic Church which is Orthodox in the Lord. These "independant orthodox churches" will beocme more in more protestant the way I see it. 

• hey, thanks for sharing the story.. its really nice
  • and..... i wish i had a friend like that when i needed it in Kindergarten loll
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5041.msg70701#msg70701 date=1178565966]
    and..... i wish i had a friend like that when i needed it in Kindergarten loll

You did.

If you are feeling the spiritual point of the story. We all did (do).

Its a moving story of Gods love. I am planning to share it with as many people as I can.

Christ has Risen!
  • To all:

Sorry for me and brother HailiMikael's little "aside".

Ekristos Anesti !!!
  • [quote author=Dcn. Amde link=topic=5041.msg70699#msg70699 date=1178563588]
    My good brother how are you?

Let me first say Christ has Risen!

I am not sure of your understanding of the Holy Orthodox Church.

I am assuming that you are an Orthodox Christian who is a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahado Church ( Or the Church of Ethiopia).

Yes you are right, I'm a follower of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church. 

I do not support the sins, short comings, negligences or abuses from any man (person). He can be pope (patriarch), priest, deacon, laymen or any person including any of my own family or even yours.

However; I love you and respect you as Christ commanded. I have no other choice because if I do not than I can not serve God. As such I must pray for you and give you the support you need within my God given abilities.

The same Goes for everyone else who are in Christ first and to those who need to find Him as I can find the way and strength.

I am glad you have that view.  Indeed this is what Christ wants and commands.

I love H H Abuna Paulos. He is Patriarch of Ethiopia as is recognised by entire Universal Church world wide. He is our Christian brother.

If he sins ( as he will ) (as we all will ) I will not embrace the sins. But pray for him to have the grace of the Holy Spirit remove his shortages and help him to serve in rightiousness and peace. I fieel this way about all the fathers of the whole Universal Church Apostolic Orthodox Church of God. I pray this for you to.

To Not "support" as you say our patriarch is heresey against the whole Universal Church of God which is Orthodox. To speak against any Holy father is a great sin.

First of all, what makes you say he is the true patriarch of our church? Isn't the previous one is still alive? Doesn't our church forbid the annointment of a patriarch as long as the previous one is still alive? But anyways, this is a different story.

To "follow" people who are not standing in peace in the One Holy Universal Apostolic Church of God is also a breach of Church law and is heresy. I am sure you know people who are following 'men' who are doing the things 'the people' beleive is right'. I feel sorry for these people. Especially since I do understand that it is seemingly correct to do these things. But the Church is headed by patriarchs who are in communion with one another. Not by isolated individuals. My brother this is not Orthodoxy no matter how right it my be to some.

You know you are in "orthodoxy" when the parish church you are in or attend on occasion or both have "true" Orthodox clergy serving God. These are men who are ordained and serving Chirst's Church in accordance to Christ's commandments and as detailed in the Fetha Negast and the rules of the Holy Church fathers. Clergy (such as myself) of this sort will never ...ever stand away from or speak against any hierarch of any orthodox Church  and definately not thier own Ethiopian hierarchs such as HH Abuna Paulos. An educated clergyman knows that this would be heresy againts the Church in general rendering himself hostile and thus UNFIT to serve the Church.

It does not matter how good or bad  a patriarch is. If the response to a heirarchs actions by a lower clergy causes any contempt or division it is by this result that he is hostile.

This isn't about showing contempt or division. It's about doing and following what's right.  Even though it's an extreme example, let me ask you this: Would you jump off from a cliff if Abune Paulos told you so? Would you do it just because he is the patriarch and you did not want to show "contempt" and be "hostile"?  We cannot just follow authority always blindly.  God gave us a mind to think and decide what is right and what is wrong. And you know that what Abune Paulos did was wrong when he was silent when all those students were butchered in 2005. He did not condemn the government's (police) actions. Even the Catholic church voiced their concern and opposition to the actions of the government.

And this isn't the first time either. A couple of years ago when the Federal Police were chasing the students, they ran into the church were Abune Paulos was at and begged him to mediate for them and save them. But that was not what he did.  And the students were persecuted. 

Is this the way a true shepard supposed to act? Jesus says that a true shepard will sacrifice himself to save his sheeps. 

The Patriarch is not a man it is a position of the hierarchial church. Different men shall hold this honored position over time. The patriarchate regardless of the person is the vital link with the true orthodox lineage which connects us to all other orthodox churches, Jerusalem , the apostles and Christ. If you (we) let a man send you (us)  out of this lineage who will one day not be alive to sit in the position it is foolish and unorthodox.

The church is you and me and everyone that is orthodox. And this isn't about hierarchy issue for that matter.  It is about standing up for what is right and condemning what is wrong.  No matter who the person is, whether a holy guy, a patriarch, a priest, etc, like u said everyone sins and makes mistakes, and I as a person have the God given right to tell him and to others that he is wrong, especially if he is in a leadership position where millions of followers look up to him. He has a big responsiblity to take care of his people. 

Please understand that the Holy Church is not like the protestant religion where if people do not 'like' a head they just "protest" agiants him, her, and get rid of him, her. The Holy Church has rules and order to methods. If a Hierarch is deemed abusive by the synodis thier is an ordrely (peaceful) way that he is handled. This would be done by the bishops NOT THE LAYMEN. LAYMEN HAVE NO PART IN THESE MATTERS. Laymen can pray for the fathers; this is a consructive way of assisting.

Let's be honest here.  He came to power through an unorthodox means (even though the previous patriarch also did that).  They both came to power through the revolution that took place.  Abune Paulos came to power when TPLF rebels took over the government.  Well, good for him and the church, and I have no problem with that. I can live with that.  He is also the same ethnicity as of the rebels.  I have no problem with that either because we are all Ethiopians.  But right now, do you really think that there is "an orderly (peaceful) was that he is handled"?  No one can criticize him and oppose him right now.  Some churches that did (i know of only one in particular), the priests were fired. 

So ask yourself if a true patriarch would do this? And don't we have the right to vioce our opposition? IN Ethiopia during festivals where he is present, the crowds call him "leba, leba" , meaning "thief, thief" and "ye'huda, ye'huda" meaning "Judah, Judah" (the apostle who betrayed Jesus).  I'm sure they did not just make that up from no where. They had their reasons. True reasons.

God bless you and pray for me.

• Hailemikael

Christ has Risen!

Please note that I am trying to help you not argue with you over who is patriarch and who is not. If the Patriarch in any church is elected illegally or legally you nor I will have absolutely no part in it.

You are not a bishop nor I.

This unfortunately coversation is of no consequence at the level of the laity. This conversation no matter how correct you are can only bring evil thoughts and unGodly behavior ( Like saying "leba" to anyone in the Church is sinful and just gets worse shouting this term at a Patriarch.) to lay members like you and lower clergy like me. The Lord commanded us (His True Beleivers) "seek peace and persue it; endurimg all things; even till the end".

Bad behavior or actions from a Hierarch DOES NOT give you or me or anyone the right to behave just as bad. Sin is sin.

"He who has no sin cast the first stone"... Or i n our case the first curse.

If you or I were to be punished for our many sins right now we would both be dead. I mean two deaths. One in this life and the one after.

I do not condone unorthodoxy. I am very conservative. I place that on everybody.

I listen to people talk about a Hierarch badly (which in itself is sin) and at the same time I know that the person speaking (in many cases) is not married in the Church but at a court house somewhere (and are thus fornicators). But takes communion and other blessings in the church. This is illegal and is condemnation on the person . But the person has no problem speaking about what he thinks is "illegal" about the actions of a synodis of  arch bishops. I listen to them and think "clean up your own house" first like the Lord said.

This may not be you but It is true for many in the church who lie, cheat and steel to get to the USA or Swedan etc and all other Godless activities but curse the hierarchs openly for seemingly bad or sinful acts.

I speaking of the whole Universal Apostolic Church of God; its clergy and members.

Please pray for the whole Church and all the hierarchs who are confessed sinners.

ALSO:

Pray for the sinful people who claim the faith in Christ but trust money more.

Pray for the man who loves his job and good education more than worshipping God and living a life of Christ.

Pray for the boy (girl) who is loosing his/her virginity today because he is lead to believe that this sick behavior is normal

Pray for the man who lied on his job application and recieved a job he did not deserve but for some reason thanks God for it.

Pray for the persons who curses his oppressor mercilessly but for themsleves expects Christ to have mercy on them and forgive their trespasses.

Pray for patriarchs , archbishops, bishops, priest and deacons.

Pray for me the unrightious and abject sinner.

I will pray for the same and more.....I will pray for you my brother and all the faithful of the Holy church.

Christ said: Above ALL things Love one another.

I love HH Abuna Paulos

Pray for our father Abuna Paulos ( who is a sinner) that he is lifted above his own sins that he may not stumble for Christ sake but that he may bless us all and heal us all the sinful and scornful who are you and me; completely unworthy of Gods grace through the grace and mystery of the Holy Spirit.

Finally:

I love all the hierarchs and clergy of the Holy Church of God regardless of how they were elected considering that the Lord said "where two or three gather in my name so will I be". So If the bishops of the universal church agree amongst each other than it is in christ. If they disagree it is also in Christ as long as that disagreement is mutual. And the Universal body of the church worldwide agree that HH Abuna Paulos is the true reigning Patriarch of Ethiopia.

If they disagree amongst each other and it results in division than ALL are out of the unity of Christ. It makes no difference who is right or wrong. All are wrong or all are right. The Church in its nature is one without divisions.

Remember Adam suffered the consequences of Eves sins even though she committed them alone. The whole world suffered; non of us could be less sinful; we came to the world with her sin in us already. Adam trying to save himself by stating her blame did not help at all.

Christ healed what Adams divisive (although correct) protest could not. Christ came to us with the mercy Adam did not know; not even for Eve's sake who was his own flesh and blood....merciless indeed.

WE learn that correct is not the same as right and is not the same as true. These three actions do not agree. AS we see Adams protest against Eve was correct but missed the all important act of mercy which comes from truth. Christ said He is the way, the Truth, the light.

Do not forget that Adam was the First Patriarch and he failed to follow Gods command although he was given all power. The consequences of which brought sin into the world.

Christ reinstated the Adamic thrown  with His Church of the new Covenant set on truth.

Thus truth is found in Christ. We do not know the truth without Hiim. and if we know Him than we would not hate. WE would love. Christ said:"Love your enemies" as well.

Our love for correctness (and disregard for truth) keeps us burried in sin.

Those with the "Adamic" attitude who put forth fierce battles and hold up totems of pedigree and formality to bolster "rightious" piety for themselves (purporting innocence) of acts and the resulting divisions today carrying away many who might have helped heal the real problem at hand are plainly and blatantly putting Christ on the cross by such actions.

"LIke a sheep led to slaughter"

They are looking to save themselves NOT THE CHURCH Holy. Thier is no such things as a Holy division. They fail like Adam to see tha truth that the Church is one body.

Metaphorically speaking; If thier is a problem with the head it will soon effect the feet.

The feet can not seperate  from the head to save himself from the impending doom. That very separation, if achieved will be the end of the feet. When the head heals (and it will eventually) it can go on with the body it always had (less the feet).

The feet (which are dead) will exist alone as the "body" but lacking the power from the head. It is the "body" in name only.

Christ taught: "Those who seek to save thier lives shall loose it; those who loose thier lives for Christ sake shall save it".  This regards the individual person and the true church which is an 'individual' in the person of Christ the savior and the community of the elect which is the faithful who are Orthodox in the Lord.   

Thus It : is the Church on earth.

I hope this has clarity in it that you might come to the truth.

Some hierarchs are good and some fall for reasons and even hurt the people. But you and me must not fall fo our sins.

So.................

Obey God!

Be an instrument of healing and peace in His Holy Church!

Not an instrument of condemnation!

Such instruments become obselete and are soon disregarded.

I pray that you find your way.

I assure you; you have not found it yet. But you are on the right track.

Forgive me for so many words.

And for those who may read this; pray for us. Forgive us for this aside.

God bless you brother hailemiikael.

And God Bless the One Holy Universal & Apostolic Church of God; Orthodox......Amen

Pray for me

I love you..
  • Dear Dcn. Amde,

For your true Christian words, and your strong Christian spirit, and your wise and humble advice, and for showing the true Orthodox Faith, you offer all here a blessing of great value.

What you say is so; they way you say it manifests the spirit of Him in whose words you speak; indeed, 'wisdom, let us attend!'

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [quote author=Anglian link=topic=5041.msg70846#msg70846 date=1178903689]
    Dear Dcn. Amde,

For your true Christian words, and your strong Christian spirit, and your wise and humble advice, and for showing the true Orthodox Faith, you offer all here a blessing of great value.

What you say is so; they way you say it manifests the spirit of Him in whose words you speak; indeed, 'wisdom, let us attend!'

In Christ,

Anglian

Thank you my brother.

I confess that I am afraid for brother Hialemikael and many others like him who have fallen into a trap unwittingly albeit with good intentions. I fear that they will continue to cause more damage to themselves and their children and those that depend upon them.

If I had the faith of the words I wrote I would be more sure and fearless that God is keeping this matter in check. I know this; I need to trust it more.

I have a lot to learn.

Lets learn from each other and pray together giving all glory only to Him who is able to save us which is Jesus The Christ and Savior of the world.

"Glory be to God in heaven and on earth; peace and good will toward men"....

Christ Has Risen!

• My dear brother in Christ,

You write, with true Christian humility,

If I had the faith of the words I wrote I would be more sure and fearless that God is keeping this matter in check. I know this; I need to trust it more

so I can say to you, seeing that humility and knowing it will not puff up your pride, that what you wrote is a model of good counsel to us all.

If I may say so, you take a most difficult and delicate situation and you apply to it the lessons of the Gospel of Christ; you advise us not to judge; you advise us to forgive, even as we would receive forgiveness; and you advise us to condemn the sin and not the sinner. You also show us how we can remain in obedience to our hierarchs and to our obedience to God - and how the two, which seem to our mortal weakness to clash, are, in fact, not in contradiction to each other.

If we read what you have written and apply it, we shall indeed fulfil the requirement to walk in His way. I am sure that I am not the only one to be grateful for the lesson you give us; I pray for the strength to apply it when I need to.

Again, thank you.

In Christ,

Anglian