HELP!!!...confused

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
For all you skeptics out there, please just try to understand...

There is a male whom attends my church. But we have a special connection with each other on the soul level... I can feel the exact instant and moment he feels distress and I know EXACTLY what is happening and can tell him word for word what occured to him. And likewise, he feels my distress, a connection/relationship which has been going on for 5 months now. Some people would consider it psychic energy. It is a secret that he and I keep hidden from the world and people around us because if anyone were to ever find out they would surely think we were crazy. And as you all know, hiding involves lying to others at times. I've spoke to abouna once briefly about my ability to foretell events, and he assures me it is not the devil, but abouna really thinks it's just pure coincidence. But these foretold events happen at least once a week. This boy which I am so strongly connected to is beginning to take over my own emotions and life. Sometimes I can feel his emotions stronger than I can feel my very own.

Thus, I am VERY confused as to what to think, it's a VERY complex and complicated situation...Help... I need to know how to handle this and how to react...

Comments

• okay if i sound a little rude forgive me but What????  Who is this boy? do you like him? could it be that you like each other and have the same emotions because you like each other. (makes sense?) what emtions are you too feeling?  Okay maybe its a gift from god. i dont know you have to more specific about these emotions.  i dont think i understand.  are they desries to want some one do you sense some thing i dont know what is it that you too are feeling for all you know it could be your caring for eachother and know that you are thats why you two feel, sense those same emotions.  honestly to tell you i dont know exactly what your feeling so if you just give me an example or a brief explaniation maybe i might help you more.  again forgive me if i sounded a bit rude mean etc ;).  GOD BE WITH YOU  :)
  • No, you're not being rude at all. Thanks, for being so considerate... I just don't like it when people say things like "that's impossible". Well, for example, he'll have a dream and i can see exactly what he's dreaming about... or for example, when one of his family members died i felt it and i knew specifically who...
    And before this all started we never used to talk to each other except for "hi, how are you?"...
    And we started talking because of an incident where I felt his distress and asked him what happened at a specific time on a  specific day and we learned we could feel each other's emotions and events...
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

There is just one thing I want to clarify.  I don't see that you are foretelling any events.  What I do see is that you are able to, after something has happened to this person, feel that they are in distress in some way and are able to be a comfort for them.  Now, you are saying that he is able to do the same thing.  If it's not to personal, could you share an example of a time when he was able to connect with you in such a fashion?

This does appear to be a gift, although, I have to be honest with you, I am by nature a skeptic.  Please do not think I'm undermining you in anyway, because I'm not.  I'm just always suspicious of these sorts of things.  That being said, I'm curious about your spiritual life.  Do you pray on a regular basis, read in the Bible regularly, partake of the Divine Mysteries and such.  Again, please do not think I'm attacking you, I'm just getting a feel of where your coming from.  You may have found your soul mate which would be a truly wonderful thing.  But I think you should continue to talk to your FoC about this and get guidance from him.  Whenever one of these incidences does occur, you should go to him immediately and relate it, so that he has an idea of what exactly is going on.

Please pray for me.
  • Dear Κηφᾶς

Thank you for responding to my post, I need all the advice I can get. However, you seem to have misunderstood something "you are able to, after something has happened to this person, feel that they are in distress in some way and are able to be a comfort for them." It is not after, but rather before or during that a unfortuante incident occurs to this guy that I can see or feel what has happened to him before I even talk to him. I can even give the exact time that the incident happened and with details.

For my personal privacy, I'm not yet comfortable with sharing specific situations that have happened between him and I. You can refer to my previous post for 2 general examples. But the events do happen at least once a week...

As for my spiritual life, I read the Bible and pray every single day. I attend mass every Sunday and youth meeting every Friday. I wil try to talk to abouna, but it's a very hard topic to talk about, especially because the guy is from church and I'd rather not give any names. Also, abouna seems to be a skeptic and i'd rather talk to him about it when I myself can explain to him what is going on.

Our connection has strengthened and our friendship has developed, a friendship which never existed before... but for now, that's all it is...

What are your opinions? (Anyone else is also free to comment and give their opinions)

Dear timid65,

Thank you for responding to my post, I need all the advice I can get. However, you seem to have misunderstood something "you are able to, after something has happened to this person, feel that they are in distress in some way and are able to be a comfort for them." It is not after, but rather before or during that a unfortuante incident occurs to this guy that I can see or feel what has happened to him before I even talk to him. I can even give the exact time that the incident happened and with details.

My apologies for the misunderstanding.  From what I understood, it seemed that the event(s) you described happened and you were aware of their having happened and you approached your friend and consoled them before they had even told anyone else.  That is why I thought it was not so much foretelling and just being able to know before he told others.

For my personal privacy, I'm not yet comfortable with sharing specific situations that have happened between him and I. You can refer to my previous post for 2 general examples. But the events do happen at least once a week...

Again, my apologies for inducing any form of discomfort.  I was just curious because the two incidents that you illustrated showed you feeling for your friend.  I was just curious about a general example in which he reciprocated.  But please, do not do so if it makes you uncomfortable in anyway.

As for my spiritual life, I read the Bible and pray every single day. I attend mass every Sunday and youth meeting every Friday. I wil try to talk to abouna, but it's a very hard topic to talk about, especially because the guy is from church and I'd rather not give any names. Also, abouna seems to be a skeptic and i'd rather talk to him about it when I myself can explain to him what is going on.

I think abouna has a good reason to be skeptical, but I don't think it will hinder him in providing you with good advice.  I would suggest that you talk to your friend about maybe having the two of you sit down with abouna to discuss the matter.  Seeing as how it is a two-way street, so to speak, abouna may be able to advise you both better by getting both perspectives.  In a matter like this, I would say that getting spiritual guidance would be vital.  As you say, you don't know what this is and it may very well be a gift from God.  But, as with all 'gifts', one does have to exercise discretion and test it.  I think abouna would be able to offer you advice on discernment as well as how to test this 'gift' to see where the source of it is.

Our connection has strengthened and our friendship has developed, a friendship which never existed before... but for now, that's all it is...

On the surface, this is a wonderful thing.  A developing friendship in which you are able to relate and console a person in such a manner is great.  But again, I would urge discretion.  Prayer, fasting and speaking to your FoC will help give you the tools necessary to discern what exactly it is you both are experiencing.

Please pray for me.
  • ok...let me share somthing with u...i have a really good friend...she is a girl and i treat her like a sister...(sorry if i my english is not so good)....and if she is thinking about something i tell her the answer...and then she looks at me and asks me"i didn't tell u somthing...where did u know what i'm thinking bout?" and stuff like that...she doesn't need to tell me about her thoughts...i know what she is thinking bout...the same with my mother...and nearly all my friends...real friends...and my feelings are never cheating on me..(now i'm talking too much about me....sorry)
    what i wanted to say is that i can understand u and its not crazy....
    god be with u
  • Κηφᾶς,

Thank you for your advice. The suggestion about "maybe having the two of you sit down with abouna to discuss the matter." seems to be a good route to take.

And I agree, that getting spiritual advice at this point is vital. Because at this point we are both just trying to understand it and its purpose... towards the beginning, it was more like "well, this is interesting and astonishing". And nobody knows about our situation at all except for a good friend or two. But both are parents do not even know about this.

And as for you Αριψαλιν, I'm glad to know that I am not alone. I too experience this with other people such as my mother, father, and dear friends... but never have I experienced it like this before because the guy was a stranger until I sensed the first incident. And never have I experienced this so excessively with anyone. I'd like to know how you would handle my situation... and how you are handling yours.
  • hello timid i would like to offer my own opinions but im not sure it they would be of too much help.

firstly i wanted to reask a  question someone stated..and id like you to be truthful..do you have any feelings for this boy (not of a friendship nature) sorry or the personal question but a clarification of this will really make  the situation clear.

also, i also had a girlfriend (Im a girl..she was just my best friend) who i stayed around for yonks (along time) thus, i gained the knowledge of her patterns of thought and i became adapted to her emotions. when she is upset i sensed it, when annoyed (although she tryed to hide it) i sensed it etc...

my point: becuase i had spent soo much time with her, it was a normal thing of me to be well adapted with the patterns of her emotions, lifestyle and reactions..i was well aquainted to her type of speach and even got to the stage of finishing off her sentece or we would say the same thing at the same time. this is all a natural course of friendship, it just so happens that we were similar..that is all

also, we got to the stage where i  knew what she was going to say..lol..simply once again due to the PATTERNS (i like that word) or her speech. although not everyone may pick it up, i happened to ,and thus felt CONNECTED to this girl also.

im sorry to break the buble but 3-5 years on, we are just friends  now and we have both moved on and the 'connection' was lost becase we didnt spend as much time together..

timid, i think you shouldnt think tooo much of it, as its a simple course of friendship i perceive, however in your case, you have a strong case of friendship and common habits, intrests, emotions and lifestyle.

my advice, dont think too much of it and think of it as a friendship. be really good friends with this guy and grow in the church and for the love of the church together .

sorry for the long post but once again if u do have unnatural feelings towards this guy, that would be a different case and i would offer you different advice.

thanks for your time
    WHY :)
  • Why,

I appreciate your advice, however, please try to understand that this was not somebody that I was close with at all... he was a stranger, how am I supposed to know what happened to someone I barely know?!? And it's more than just "patterns" of sensing someone's emotions... It's knowing exactly what happened to cause those emotions. For example, his car broke down and he was feeling very frustrated... and at that same moment as I knew he was frustrated, I knew that something had happened to his car.

I know the sort of knowledge of "emotions/patterns" between family and good friends occurs all the time because people become familiar with the other's actions and manner of behaviour... or there is psychic connection  between them (such as the mother-child connection). Many people are able to figure out someone's emotions by looking at their face and into their eyes, or listening to their tone of voice. But this is more than just a "pattern",  it is knowing what happened exactly... and it has nothing to do with "patterns" or looking at him, because most of our communication consists of email or msn anyways.

No, I do not have feelings for him... I admire him and respect him very much though because he is a great figure at my church.

I hope you have a better understanding of the situation now ...and I look forward to reading another post from you! :)
  • thANKS for clarifying that..honestly your situation is quite peculiar. although its merely suspisions as your first encouneter of this connection i beleive to be a coincidence, i think you should solemly prayabout this and maybe think of a way your 'pyhscs' can benefit the church and praise the name of god. although you mentioned that you think its physcic ability, i stand my ground on saying its coincindence and agree on abounas opinion saying its not from the devil.

maybe theres a coptic book n such ideas ill be glad to do  search, look around for you.

i also liked the idea of getting both of you guys to talk to abouna about it. thats a really good thing to do.

pls timid i will pray that you dont get fooled by the devil (although i said its not from the devil) where you  think its an ability that you posses and build on it (of  you know what i mean)...

honestly i think your situation is similar to that where people have dreams which seem to be somewhat simillar to what they see in the future, thus the devil fools them into thinking they have a phycic ability and results in a distraction from getting closer to god.

i think you should look at the big picture, donot worry yourself..you seem like a  nice person, focus on your relationship with god. also, you can use your 'ability' to help your friend out also in getting closer to god. i dont know, find a way to praise god with your 'talent'

(sorry about the typos i have acrylics on and am new to typing with them..but im getting the hang of it  ::) lol )

sorry about my upfront post..

pray for me
    WHY
  • that is so COOL! and also extremely scary!!!!!

You know when i first started reading ur story, i thought to myself how can she possibly know exactly wat happens to this guy without being told. but you know what stranger things have happened.

If I was you, my head would be spinning trying to figure out what is going on, as am sure you are at the moment and i would be scared stiff of what was happening.

Help... I need to know how to handle this and how to react...

Now to answer your question. You are looking in the wrong place for your answer, i think many people who read ur story would not believe and get passed the fact that this is actually happening to you let alone have any sort of idea how to handle it and react.

Some things that would help me understand what is going on and maybe you have done this already but is to have a long discussion with the boy and preferably in a church by yourselves cause i think your gonna need Gods help and to pray before you start talking. You might discover alot of things about each other, I'm sure you have alot of questions to ask him. Maybe you will uncover the magic event that started the whole thing in the first place

I would normally say have your FOC there with you but, in this case maybe not, it'll be up to and your friend to decide if you want him there. I say this because this is no ordinary connection and its a special one between you and the boy, even your FOC would find it hard to comprehend what is happening also he may hinder your conversation with the boy making it less deep and meaningful. two is company three is a crowd  :)

• [quote author=drumaboy link=topic=5163.msg69320#msg69320 date=1175685669]

Some things that would help me understand what is going on and maybe you have done this already but is to have a long discussion with the boy and preferably in a church by yourselves cause i think your gonna need Gods help and to pray before you start talking. You might discover alot of things about each other, I'm sure you have alot of questions to ask him. Maybe you will uncover the magic event that started the whole thing in the first place

i agree

[quote author=drumaboy link=topic=5163.msg69320#msg69320 date=1175685669]

I would normally say have your FOC there with you but, in this case maybe not, it'll be up to and your friend to decide if you want him there. I say this because this is no ordinary connection and its a special one between you and the boy, even your FOC would find it hard to comprehend what is happening also he may hinder your conversation with the boy making it less deep and meaningful. two is company three is a crowd  :)

i disagree, you and him is a conversation, god you and him, is an enshantful and blessed conversation, involve god in everystep lest you take a wrong turn n step in the mud
  • Dear Drumaboy,

I'm really glad you seem to understand what I'm dealing with! :) ...You've described my state quite accurately, Thanks!
    Your approach to my situation is quite out of the ordinary, I definetly was not expecting that... but to be honest, I like it! We have had conversations about this in the church building (not in church itself) ..and the conversations we have at church are very limited, since we can only have one-on-one conversations about this, with nobody else involved in the conversation... so it may look a little awkward at times.

I'm really glad you were able to understand me and I am quite impressed with your response as to how to deal with this. Although do you think that somekinda more knowledgable person should know (ex. parent, (and i guess abouna's out of the picture in your perspective))?

two is company three is a crowd

Is this a joke?  These two are not gossiping or exchanging secrets or anything like that.  It seems that for trivial issues, one feels the need to run to their FoC, and yet, in a case where spiritual guidance is vital, the FoC is dismissed.  Can you explain the logic of that to me?
  • Hello everyone

Seems like my response caused a little controversy.

Im not joking at all, but let me make something clear i didnot rule out having FOC involved. i did say it'll be up to both of them to decide if they wanted him to be involved. They may not even have the same FOC which would make it even more difficult. Maybe after the conversation they can decide to involve their FOC and tell him what they have discovered.

I do think having Gods guidance is the most important step, but since she has already spoken to her FOC and he has not taken her very seriously at this stage, i do not see a point for him to be there for the conversation. If they are trying to discover the link that has brought them together it becomes very personal and i just think that not having anybody else there is important so they can freely share their stories in detail without being afraid of the third person.

As for parents and more knowledgable people again just like the FOC its entirely up to you and your friend on how many people you want to share your story with but keep in mind how much attention your story will bring. I would imagine it'll be extremely hard to explain to people what is going on, If you, yourself have no idea. I would be asking the question "Are they going to be supportive?" because support is what you need, not knowledge. Your situation is to unique no one has the answers for you.

I think its important that your FOC and parents have some kinda idea wat is happening but how much and when they get involoved is up to you and your friend and rememeber that this can strongly affect the boy so you really need to ask him on how he feels and how many people he is comfortable in telling.

• Well, that's strange.. scary.. wierd. deffinetly out of the ordinary.
    This situation has gone beyond normality and into the paranormal, ie, it cannot be explained by our limited minds. I must say the only reference or link my mind makes with such an incidence is in the world of television... I've repeatedly seen movies where the protagonist would experience an emotional event and at that same instant of time, but in a different place another character would somehow 'know' what had had haoppened (the first example that comes to ind is 'The Passion of The Christ' where Mary knew that Jesus had been arrested before she had been told). From my understanding, this is what has and is taking place in your life.

I don't believe that such an idea could have been composed purely from imagination, but inspired by or based on some real-life occurances, therefore, you are not alone :).
    Do some research.. you might find something relevant.
    Hope I helped,
    +God Bless.
  • [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

Seems like my response caused a little controversy.

There is no controversy, I was just objecting to your statement that three's a crowd.

I do think having Gods guidance is the most important step

Who better then to help provide them with understanding God's guidance then a FoC?  Isn't that the function of the FoC to begin with?

I understand the FoC in this case has shown a certain level of skepticism, but I was unware that skepticism was a bad thing.  A certain level of discernment (as I have stated before) is required and I think it is wise of the priest to err on the side of caution here. 

The Beloved St. John tells us:
    Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God
    -- 1 John 4:1

And likewise St. Paul tells us:
    Test all things; hold fast what is good.
    -- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

The FoC may be able to provide some sort of test or tests to see where this 'gift' has come from and what it is.  But once again, the final decision rests on timid65 and their friend.
  • Drumaboy,
    Thank you for being soooo understanding. It really isn't easy to tell people (such as abouna) about this, since people are not very open-minded. Just becuase, this situation is out of the ordinary, people will associate with being weird, unbelievable, and unrealistic. However, it is very real! You have offered me some excellent advice.  :)

Hizz_chiilld,
    [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5163.msg69412#msg69412 date=1176020174]
    Well, that's strange.. scary.. wierd. definetly out of the ordinary.
    This situation has gone beyond normality and into the paranormal, ie, it cannot be explained by our limited minds.

Very well described! :) It really is beyond our limited minds, which is starting to lead me to believe, that thus God's all-knowing mind is strongly behind it! And only God's mind can comprehend it.
    Your reference to the scene in Passion of the Christ is EXACTLY what is going on. It is more frequent to see mother-child connections like this, as i mentioned a few posts ago.
    Definetly not composed from imagination!!! :) Thanks, you did help... understanding my situation alone is a help unto me! :)

Κηφᾶς,
    I really like the quote from the first epistle of John. As someone mentioned before, it is 'two-way street', so we'll just have to see. God's presence is vital...and i think, He has been here all along...considering the situation has revolved in and around church.
    I just want to make a slight correction to your second quote, it's: 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ... instead of 5:28. I really enjoyed these references to the Bible, Thanks! If anyone has any more relevant ones, please feel free to share them.

Ekhristos Anesti you guys!!  :)
  • [quote author=timid65 link=topic=5163.msg69317#msg69317 date=1175681455]
    Why,

I appreciate your advice, however, please try to understand that this was not somebody that I was close with at all... he was a stranger, how am I supposed to know what happened to someone I barely know?!?

[quote author=timid65 link=topic=5163.msg69317#msg69317 date=1175681455]
    have you ever heard of love at first sight you really dont know the person but one day you see them and then before you know it you like them now i dont really believe that its your issue but it could be some thing i dont know just giving out some ideas i have in my head about your situation.
  • sorry but i dont what you are trying to imply konafa
  • [coptic]+ Pi`<rictoc aftonf>[/coptic]

I just want to make a slight correction to your second quote, it's: 1 Thessalonians 5:21 ... instead of 5:28.

Thanks for the correction.  I have no idea how I mistyped it.  :D