arabic???

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hello any1 no where i can lern how to read arabic online.  like any lessons or somethin like that.  i read coptic but not arabic  >:( and i find that rely annoying.  :'( plzz any help.  ;D its hard to find someone to teach me so i mite as way do it lke this.  thxx sooooooo much

pray for me

Comments

• i am not sure myself but i googled the search and i found sum sites
    http://www.islamopas.com/arabic/eindex.html ;
    http://afl.ajeeb.com/
    http://www.funwitharabic.com/
    http://arabic.speak7.com/
    i hope i helped
    =)
    God bless
  • thxx copticluva ill check them out. 
  • any1 else.  and umm bi the way if there are any of u who read arabic, how long will it take. is it hard?  sryy

i rely would lke some responses thxxx.

[coptic]pray for me and all mi weaknesses[/coptic]
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=5093.msg68792#msg68792 date=1174235794]
    any1 else.  and umm bi the way if there are any of u who read arabic, how long will it take. is it hard? 

Learning the alphabet and vowel markings, etc. is not particularly difficult and shouldn't take you very long.

However, because Arabic is normally written without vowel markings, you have to be familiar with numerous gramatical rules in order to know how to pronounce things correctly. This is VERY difficult, and takes a LONG time to learn.
  • oh rely well thxx umm but i hav sooo much school wrj that i cant practice that much but ill try becuz i rely want to

pray for me
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=5093.msg68423#msg68423 date=1173632191]
    hello any1 no where i can lern how to read arabic online.  like any lessons or somethin like that.  i read coptic but not arabic  >:( and i find that rely annoying.  :'( plzz any help.  ;D its hard to find someone to teach me so i mite as way do it lke this.  thxx sooooooo much

pray for me

Hi, i had the exact same problem as you. I couldnt sing any of the songs in Kiahk because they were in arabic, so i taught myself how to read.
    After 2 weeks, i read the Bible in the Church! Yep!

This what i did. I got a book called "Teach Yourself Arabic" Its a beginner's to advanced course. You start by reading plain text, then u read major articles like the Ahram newspaper.

There's another one: "Arabic for Idiots" - but that's part of the Idiot series of books. I think this one is dedicated for those who wish to learn the Koran? not sure.

Anyway, i then got the agpeya. I went to my parents are harassed them to read the agpeya with me slowly. Then I got my uncle and harassed him until he read with me a few songs in arabic. Then i knew how to read. I can't read handwriting though; just print. I can read the Bible in Arabic, but not if the writing is unclear (font-wise).

• thats sooo kool finally someone else who taught themselves.  heyy bi the way vassilios, where did u get the book.  are u fluent reading now?  o bi the way, u no how if u reading the wrds are not everyday language rite.  do u understand wat they meen or juss reading having funn.  sry thxx sooo much interesting huh!!  8)lol
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=5093.msg68912#msg68912 date=1174518298]
    thats sooo kool finally someone else who taught themselves.  heyy bi the way vassilios, where did u get the book.  are u fluent reading now?  o bi the way, u no how if u reading the wrds are not everyday language rite.  do u understand wat they meen or juss reading having funn.  sry thxx sooo much interesting huh!!   8)lol

OK, i started out with kiddy books called Amal, Omar and Bissbiss il Otta (the cat), then i got this book called Teach Yourself ARabic. I read it all in about 4 days. Then i did some hymn training with my uncle and psalm reading , and in about 2 weeks i could read pretty well... there was ONCE a time i was doing the tasbeha in arabic with this guy that INSISTED on doing it in coptic. He was more fluent than me in arabic anyway. I came across a very difficult word, and i thought he'd help me pronounce it... but he didn't... HAHAH... it was so embarrassing...

Anyway, Im not so egyptian and i learnt so i could sing certain hymns in church which i thought were quite nice.

When reading, i understand 90% of the words..yeah, there are a few words that throw me off track still.

Go to a book store and see what teach yourself books they have in Arabic. I'm sure you'll find a better one than the one i had!!
  • hello bigboy
  • o thxx vassilio's.  that was great help.  2 wwekks wow thats fast.  a lot of ppls say its ard but i guess if i try harder itll do well.  lol thxxx

pray for me all!!
  • hey vassilos it took u 2 weeks to read fluently???!!! i know how to read but i take like 24h to read a paragraph haha
    mahreel its reallly not hard getting the alphabet. once u get that then u can basically read HOWEVER 1 problem, u wont necessairly pronounce everything correctly! im shocked that vassilios got it in 2 weeks :o thats good knowing arabic will really benefit u a looooooooot in the future so keep trying. also i dont know if u have this but here in sauga we have arabic skool, so we have teachers who teach us once a week. if u have it, it will help u a lot.
    good luck and p4m
    Enough
  • yeah thats rite.  i do not pronounce everything rite.  but thxx Enough.  that is kool though 2 wks wow ;D
  • heyy any comments on this or other info i need to no
  • ok vasillios u have absolutely baffled me..im on the loor in amazement.

i have studied arabic from ..wait let me count...8+ YEARS and i read it like a snail (thats with some words..the others i just cant read!!!)

yes as everyone said once u get the letters of the alphabet going which wont take u TOOOOOOO long, you will be able to read SIMPLE words like mama baba and madrasa. HOwever, im sorry to break your bubble but you will need more interaction than that of an internet site to eceed your knowledge in reading arabic. trust me its dead set HARD.

one letter is written differently depending on where it is in the word, at the begggining, middle or END!!
    however very enjoyable. i recommend u persist becuase personally i have given up.

as for your book vassilios, you have given me encouragement to stdu arabic again..I WILL GIVE IT A TRY, and will do precisley what you did....

However, tell me vassilios, before the WHOLE 'arabic for Idiots' thing...did u have any knowledge of the arabic language. u must of had at LEASTT known the letters!

+WHY+
  • oh thxx for ur comments i no it changes where ever the letter is .  gets very confusing.  bu im trying.  i dont even no wat half the wrds mean .  ???

p4m
  • ive also found an arabic class
    http://www.aoaschool.org/
  • Arabic is pretty hard, ive studied it for about 8 years now and to make things a lot easier you should know the "damaa" "Kassra" and "Fatha". they are a few pronounciation things that will help u very much, without these u can say a completly different word.
  • well hey i learned some and still workin its soo kool

thxx u guys and grls

p4m
  • any comments bii the way im still on he verge of lerning  its stil not that easy though!!!

p4m plzz