anything wrong with watching lion king?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
and playing games with mild violence... like lion king the game?
do you think it may really have an affect on me?

also is it wrong to talk to someone while he/she is smoking?

Comments

• Mike, no offense but i think you're paranoid.

God wants us to be free, not to stress our selves. Of course we should obey His rules, but come on watching lion king?? i don't see anything wrong with that.

It's really good you are asking questions and looking for the truth, but i don't see the point of asking questions like this.

peace ;)
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=13;threadid=4806;start=0#msg65451 date=1167222526]

hi mike i only have one question who told you this. i have never heard that its wrong to talk to someone while they're smoking. maybe because you might inhale smoke in and thats Secound hand smoking. smoking is just bad anyway. but my point is that no its not wrong to talk to someone while they're smoking. but its still bad for you :P
  • But smoking is a sin..

Most video games from the snes and sega genesis/megadrive have mild violence..

fighting games can be challenging... is it wrong to play them?

most games do not seem innocent.. just like movies

• Ok you are not seeing the point if you like playing video games andand watching movies it is not wrong unless it takes you far away from God but if it is just for fun and your faith in god is still strong then don't be so worried. Also I know smoking is a sin but if you are forced to speak to a person smoking don't be rude. I am not saying try to avoid any one that smokes no but it is better for your health.
  • Most of the movies these days are bad.. but maybe most of the movies rated G (for General) are okay to watch..

alot of games involve beating some one up (could be an alien or a robot)
    (even for supernintendo) .. I admit it can be fun but is it wrong? wouldn't I be BETTER off not playing them?
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=13;threadid=4806;start=0#msg65577 date=1167374663]
    But smoking is a sin..

I don't think smoking is a sin, but the addiction to it is, or addiction to anything is a sin for that matter because it gets in the way between you and God.

I don't think playing fighting games is wrong, because i don't see anything wrong with them. Not all violence is bad....sometimes you have to use violence to protect yourself (self-defense).
    ....and u might learn some moves from the video games. ;) :P
  • Ok I talked to my Father of confession about the violent videogames and he said just don't play them same for the movies but for the smoking he said just whenthat person is smoking stay away from them until they are done smoking. And smoking is a sin but second hand smoking is NOT also Lion King is not a violent movie so watch it
  • [quote author=Hailemikael link=board=13;threadid=4806;start=0#msg65626 date=1167487498]
    [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=13;threadid=4806;start=0#msg65577 date=1167374663]
    But smoking is a sin..

I don't think smoking is a sin, but the addiction to it is, or addiction to anything is a sin for that matter because it gets in the way between you and God.

I don't think playing fighting games is wrong, because i don't see anything wrong with them. Not all violence is bad....sometimes you have to use violence to protect yourself (self-defense).
    ....and u might learn some moves from the video games. ;) :P

ok i dont think anybody should learn moves from videogames because most of the time they fake so no DO NOT LEARN MOVES FROM VIDEOGAMES
  • hi, i know wut you mean by playing violent games (i have a brother), personally i think violent games are addicting and it reflects later on the personality of the player. I certainly do not recommend them at all. I don't know the game you are talking about but the violent games are bad in general. DOn't be playing the game until you are addicted to it that you even don't hear when one of your family members calls you!
  • What is "second hand smoking" ?

What about games with mild violence (if you would agree they are mild) like Atari games and snes games.. is it wrong to have fun playing them?

• hey mike second hand smoking is when someone is smoking and you are next to them and you inhaile that smoke as if you were smoking but it also turns out that its worse than smoking it. (dont ask me why cause i dont know i just know its worse than actually smoking) oh and when the pope (head Pope) came to Mass. some one asked if smoking is okay and he said that smoking is not okay and that it is a sin. before i forget playing mild games is okay in my point of view but dont let it influence your life. honestly i think its a wast of time. do something better with your life if you ask me. but its okay to play them but dont be like oh i want to try that move he/she/thing just did. or dont act like them. play the games but dont let it influence your life. ;)
  • play the game don't let the game play you
  • thats exactly what i was tring to say :D nice wording Christ is my savior ;D
  • If you can controle yourself so u can play anything you want, but the problem is in the people that can't.
  • thanks for the replies.. I appreciate it.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=13;threadid=4806;start=0#msg65451 date=1167222526]
    and playing games with mild violence... like lion king the game?
    do you think it may really have an affect on me?

I did NOT read the whole thing bas however ya3ni,
    I like watching Lion King, eventhough i am a college age person, I watch all of the cartoon movies there is!
    you name it! and i realy don't think it is a sin

I don't know about smoking though, I hate the smell of it!
  • I secound that :) love lion king and other cartoon movies and I HATE THE SMELL OF SMOKING gross :P
  • i agree when i was young i used to watch power rangers. then the priests wife said i should stop becuz u can catch on and hit pppl and stuff.

p.s. sry to get off topic, but uh well, i went to karate. its not rong rite unless its for somethin bad. ...... bad self defense is fine ritee...... juuss wonderin
  • i agree with all this people
    this is something in your hand do you think is really going to effect you
    i mean you mine and the way you're thinking
    think about it
    god be with you and pray for me
    selefana
  • i dont think its a sin as long as u dont get influenced
  • i dont think so . actually rely no. but umm well thats a good question becuz we are rely not soupposed to watch t.v. juusss dont catch anythin badd.
  • when someone said that i dont think smoking is a sin, but  the addiction is... thats a reason it is a sin but also you are damaging God's creation which is your body. That is why smoing is a sin..  You are killing something God made.
  • back to the lion king part... i dont get why you think it is wrong to watch lol... its CARTOON lol.
  • Lion King rocks my socks !  :D