hello coptic frnds, me from syrian orthodox church india

edited March 2007 in Introductions
hi frnds,may the lord Jesus bless u all abundantly. Iam from india,a syrian orthodox xian under the holy see of anthioca .iam very happy to see a coptic church site and meet u all.i have gr8 respect to coptic church which has eccuminical treaty with syrian orthodox church of ur stuggle and suffering in olden days with islamic rulers.the litugry we both are following same and the gr8 holy fathers like st basil,st cyril and st athanasius are remembered in our churches also. ur church was so blessed bcos the little Jesus with holy family stayed in ur land and brought up there.the monks  and their life in desrts and caves and the monastrys  in ur churches are famous for their dignity. i respect ur holy hymns ,thier music  which i downloaded from this site.we india follows the gr8 syriac tradition under the holy father his holiness M M ignatius sakka Iwas with a local head called Catholicos of east  H B baselious thomas I . with 23 bishops.our church was established by st. thomas like ur church by st.mark.wish u all gr8 sucess .Be with blessings of st.mary and all holy fathers. i like to meet frnds from coptic churches pl mail me. thank u all.  E V ELDO , [email protected],[email protected].

Comments

• Welcome i am sure you will love this site as much as we all do
  • HI bro or sis, we sure are one church. Guess wut last year we had a spiritual competition in California between- syriac, coptic and Armenian orthodox youths. We had to study the history of all three churches and i love the Syriac church, i met a lot of people that go there. It is awsome

Pray for me
  • [quote author=lsalsa link=topic=5085.msg68414#msg68414 date=1173571627]
    HI bro or sis, we sure are one church. Guess wut last year we had a spiritual competition in California between- syriac, coptic and Armenian orthodox youths. We had to study the history of all three churches and i love the Syriac church, i met a lot of people that go there. It is awsome

Pray for me

thank u frnd for ur response .today after the holy mass i sit and listen to the holy liturgy of st basil by a coptic father antonio hanna. its really gr8 and ressembles our liturgy
    best wishes
  • The coptics actually recieved ther St. Matthew Gospel from the Indians, when I think St. Clement or Origen went to india to preach, but found a strong church, and came back with the gospel. adding it to the St mark Gospel, I believe it was around the 2nd to 3rd century, Correct me if im wrong.
  • [quote author=fatcopticmike link=topic=5085.msg68483#msg68483 date=1173754405]
    The coptics actually recieved ther St. Matthew Gospel from the Indians, when I think St. Clement or Origen went to india to preach, but found a strong church, and came back with the gospel. adding it to the St mark Gospel, I believe it was around the 2nd to 3rd century, Correct me if im wrong.

praise the lord.this is really a new information sir, even in our history books or in sunday school studies i never heard about this.in 3 rd century merchants from edessa, pershia came and settled in india whose leader is kanay thoma ,around 300 families came .and so many bishops and priest came and gone back. is really st clemis came to india?? if so its a gr8 information. pl share more abt this
    best wishes.
  • welcome here man
  • WeLcoMe!!!!!!! :) ;) :) :)
  • [glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]Hi[/shadow][/glow]
  • [glow=red,2,300]welcome.. great to see the great diversification of christianity contributing to this amazing sitee[/glow]

Pray for MEH!!
  • hi eveldo,
    welcome to this great site.
    i just wanted to add something.one of our most greatest monistries is El Sorian Monistry in Wadi El Natroon "eypt".it is named after the great many syrian fathers who used to live there in the early centuries  :)
  • Welcome :D:D
    I look forward to reading your posts.
  • hi coptic frnds happy Xmas
    :)
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5085.msg68412#msg68412 date=1173567338]
    Welcome i am sure you will love this site as much as we all do
    ARE THERE ANY INDIANS WHO ARE ORTHODOX?
  • [quote author=ELLADITSA link=topic=5085.msg81442#msg81442 date=1201243811]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5085.msg68412#msg68412 date=1173567338]

There is the Indian Orthodox Church. http://www.indianorthodoxchurch.org/
  • [quote author=SilentOne link=topic=5085.msg81447#msg81447 date=1201292713]
    [quote author=ELLADITSA link=topic=5085.msg81442#msg81442 date=1201243811]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5085.msg68412#msg68412 date=1173567338]

There is the Indian Orthodox Church. http://www.indianorthodoxchurch.org/

In fact, the Indian Orthodox Church is part of the Oriental Orthodox Churches. So, we can have communion from them, and they can have communion from us!!!
  • heyy welcome glad ur intersted in our christianity

heyy bi the way ubouna anthony hanna from california who sounds like hes doin opera?  if it is he is awesome im not sure tho it may be  aiffer man.  if u meent him  in person tho she is amazingly friendly..  lol juss heads upp

/
    mahraeel
    plzzz p4m sister in Christ
  • hey!!!! Glad u joined us!!!! u will love it here!!!
  • Sorry this is late but welcome to the site i hope and i know that you will enjoy it.
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5085.msg69667#msg69667 date=1176397434]
    hi eveldo,
    welcome to this great site.
    i just wanted to add something.one of our most greatest monistries is El Sorian Monistry in Wadi El Natroon "eypt".it is named after the great many syrian fathers who used to live there in the early centuries  :)

hi
    thank u for the information
    eldo
  • [quote author=Loca4Christ link=topic=5085.msg85632#msg85632 date=1208027200]
    Sorry this is late but welcome to the site i hope and i know that you will enjoy it.

thank u
    eldo