edited December 1969 in Random Issues
do we have to know coptic cos my church now has:

arabic lessons
coptic lessons
coptic hymn lessons
arabic hymn lessons
decon lessons
decon meetings
holy dicussions (they are really a disput cos I got injured in one)
conferences
conference meetings

it all seems like a lot and cos our church has a max. congregation of about 20 people which is tiny and the kids like playing together after the 4 hour mass (4 hours cos our abouna is so zealous a cracks up each line and goes through two liturgies).

wat do u think?

Comments

• [quote author=epshiri link=topic=5096.msg68447#msg68447 date=1173716488]
    do we have to know coptic cos my church now has:

arabic lessons
    coptic lessons
    coptic hymn lessons
    arabic hymn lessons
    decon lessons
    decon meetings
    holy dicussions (they are really a disput cos I got injured in one)
    conferences
    conference meetings

it all seems like a lot and cos our church has a max. congregation of about 20 people which is tiny and the kids like playing together after the 4 hour mass (4 hours cos our abouna is so zealous a cracks up each line and goes through two liturgies).

wat do u think?

hi where from u frnd  i am from inida
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

You don't have to know anything.  If you happen to be interested in a particular aspect of the Church, whether it be theology, hymnology, coptic or anything, then by all means pursue it.  However, you are not required to do anything.

Please pray for me.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5096.msg68453#msg68453 date=1173722982]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]
    However, you are not required to do anything.

please clarify this part. required to do what exactly....serve...or somthing else....??
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=minagir link=topic=5096.msg68455#msg68455 date=1173723724]
    please clarify this part. required to do what exactly....serve...or somthing else....??

Christ (and the Church) do not require a person to do anything, whether it be service, attending liturgy, anything.  It is the individuals choice to serve, attend liturgy, partake of the Divine Sacraments, study the history of the Church or anything for that matter.  The reason a person does any of these things is because of their love for the Church and Christ.  If a person does not have this love, they will not want to do any of these things.  Now, sometimes a person wants to serve but cannot push themself to do it.  That is why, in such a case, such a person should speak with their FoC and receive guidance on how to approach a particular service, or area of study.  But to say that one has to do anything is not the case. 

Please pray for me.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5096.msg68457#msg68457 date=1173724491]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=minagir link=topic=5096.msg68455#msg68455 date=1173723724]

Christ (and the Church) do not require a person to do anything, whether it be service, attending liturgy, anything.  It is the individuals choice to serve, attend liturgy, partake of the Divine Sacraments, study the history of the Church or anything for that matter.  The reason a person does any of these things is because of their love for the Church and Christ.  If a person does not have this love, they will not want to do any of these things.  Now, sometimes a person wants to serve but cannot push themself to do it.  That is why, in such a case, such a person should speak with their FoC and receive guidance on how to approach a particular service, or area of study.  But to say that one has to do anything is not the case. 

i fully agree. thanks for clarifying. just wanted to add that this is the whole idea of faith. Christ doesn't force to love Him even though He saved you. He gives you every reason, opens for you every closed door towards Him, and puts it in front of you, and all you have to do is just accept it and abide with it.
  • Hi
    I agree with what everyone has said. U should serve because u want to and if there is any topic or group that interests u u should definantly get involved. i know i would love the students in my sunday school class to get involved with as much aspects of the church as possible because it keeps them out of trouble and also it will keep them occupied with things from church rather than the media. hope u make the right decitions.

rbna ma3aky/ma3aky