Orban

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hi,
i've been wondering about this for quite a while now...
what are you supposed to do when when the Orban gets too hard to eat? you know, when you put some in your purse (or pocket) to take home but then you forget about it and it becomes way too hard to eat. are you allowed to throw it out? or do you have to keep it?

Comments

• if u put it in the microwave for like 15 to 20 seconds it will be really soft.

Hope that helped :)
  • If it was in the offering (hamal) you can do wat shybox said and but it in the microwave. if u don't want to eat it and it was in the offering, then u have to burn it. if it's like regular orban passed out to the people then u can throw it away.
  • That's a great idea, thnx for that, I never tried this micro-wave thing,
    but i often forget that I had put orban in shantet el keneesa ;D
  • [quote author=person55 link=topic=5021.msg67855#msg67855 date=1172010952]
    hi,
    i've been wondering about this for quite a while now...
    what are you supposed to do when when the Orban gets too hard to eat? you know, when you put some in your purse (or pocket) to take home but then you forget about it and it becomes way too hard to eat. are you allowed to throw it out? or do you have to keep it?

you can just do what shybox said
    [quote author=shybox link=topic=5021.msg67862#msg67862 date=1172016304]
    if u put it in the microwave for like 15 to 20 seconds it will be really soft.

As for what PopeKyrillos said, i don't think it makes any difference. Also you only burn what is from the Lamb not the lamb after a prayer from Abouna. Both are not the same.
    The whole point of orban (including the rest of the hamal) is that the congergation would take from it as a simple of Aghapy, love and unity. In the old church, after communion, the congergation would gather and partake in an aghapy, a gathering to eat all togather in unity. Since the number of the believers would increase so fast, than they said we'll make the hamal or the orban in general, a simple of gathering and give it out to the people since it's coming from one sole place and everyone is partaking of it.