Love

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Apologies if this topic was discussed before…

I’m a little bit confused and I need to help/opinion/advice on this question.

Do I obey God of out love, or out of fear of eternal condemnation, or maybe because I’m looking to be known and get glory from people. Thinking about this made me try to find a definition of feeling love towards God versus showing him love.
I think showing love can be easily defined, but what about feeling love… I don’t think it’s the same as feeling love towards a girl or to a sibling or to parents… shouldn’t it be a different feeling? Can someone describe this feeling to me?

Jesus said to love God from all of our hearts, minds and thoughts, but how I do know that I’m TRULY fulfilling this commandment?

help plzz and pray 4 me...

Comments

• Jesus said to love God from all of our hearts, minds and thoughts, but how I do know that I’m TRULY fulfilling this commandment?

help plzz and pray 4 me...

In reality I don't think it is possible to fullfill that kind of commandement; as simple as that as far as I am concerned.
  • Well we all should obey God out of our love to him but sometimes actually a lot of times people to the right thing because they are afraid of his wrath on Judgement Day. Whether that is right or not is not up to me. I heard this somewhere can't remember where for sure, "we should never seek the glory from people which is called fake glory, for if we seek glory from people aren't we seeking glory from dust (Since dust we were and dust we shall return). We should only be seeking Glory from God who is in secret and will then Glorify you in secret." the only way we can say we love God with all our hearts and minds is if we can honestly and truthfully say that we would lay down our lives for him and any given point like the martyrs. those are the ones i can truly see that they loved God with all their hearts.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • the only way we can say we love God with all our hearts and minds is if we can honestly and truthfully say that we would lay down our lives for him and any given point like the martyrs. those are the ones i can truly see that they loved God with all their hearts

you are right jydeacon... but how do i judge myself on my actions? do i try to convience myself that it should be out of love and hope one day it will be out of true love.... or just believe its out of love with no proof to defend myself with in front of the enemy?

i might not be making sense, but i really confussed and need help!!

what is love towards god? and how does it feel?

pray for me!
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=11;threadid=4938;start=0#msg66912 date=1170295879]
    what is love towards god? and how does it feel?

Personaly.....
    When I feel the love I have for god is when I realize all of what he has been through, what he has done for the sick, the moments of his crusifiction, how he got spite of his face just for me and you, how his cloth were torn off again for you and me, how nails were forced inside of him on his hands and feet hey? again for you and me, the crown of thrones, was crusified with 2 thiefs, how big his heart is to forgive all of my sins, how loving he is no matter what I do he'd still would want me back in his arms, in the passion week.... reLiving every moment he went through makes me hate myself for all the sins I have commited, etc................
    I had a tarnema about loving god ( I don't know if I still have it or not ) it goes like this "baheab rabana 3alashan......... 3arefni be esmi, ashan habani awalan, 3ashan mat 3ashani, etc.................."
    Your love for god is like a fish in water, a fish can't stay from water or it will die, just like us we can't stay away from god or we will be lost and confused. You love god, by going to church and taking communion (his blood and body), confessing, and getting close to him.
    Also, look at it this way........
    If you didn't love god you wouldn't be a christian, you'd go find another religion and love their god! Am I right?

Pray for me
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • I am sorry to say that is really up to you. i cannot tell you if you truly love God or not that is up to you. You should convince yourself that is should be out of love and actually do this, when you pray ask God to teach you to love him the way he loved you. Love comes from God and God alone so who else would it be better to help you to love Him than Himself. Does that make sence or not. Hope i helped.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • Here are some nice pictures for us to find the love we have for God.
  • Really nice pics thanks for sharing
  • and one MORE!
  • and one more!
  • No more baa` kefaya keda! :P
  • ya bent, i believe/know that God loves us... i can't describe the amount of love he has towards us.
    bas, my problem is this in a nutshell: if i truly love god then i shouldn't fall into sin... everytime i say i won't do it again... next day, i do the same thing. If you compare this with a relationship between a guy and a girl... if the girl doesn't like something, the guy WILL NOT do it since it upsets the person he loves.
    Now, take this picture and expand it to the relationship with God... if I truly love him, then i won't fall into sin, but if my love to him is out of fear of eternal condemnation, then its very easy to fall into sin.... and here i'm stuck... what do i say to myself?
  • There is one thing i can think of that you can do. Take a picture of Jesus and everytime you do a sin stick a nail or thumb tack through it. and at the end of the week see how many times you put the nail through it and thats how many times you have upset him or disapointed him. let that be a motivation to not commit sins because you will see how much you must be upsetting him. you must really motivate yourself in prayer like i said from my previous post so i will not repeat myself.

• Eff......... anbabola you are confusing and complicated.
    we should FEAR god, so we won't fall into temptation; however, if Bob confess about his sin every saturday to abona and comes the week after and confess about the same thing, then him and abona need to sit togather and try to find ways to avoid for that to happen again.
    Cheating for example, If I cheated on my math test and I confess and then I cheat again in my French class. There is something wrong........... either I didn't confess from my heart and was fully convinced I won't cheat again, or I was just wasn't listening to abona.
    And Hey? The devil will do many many things to make you fall in Temptation and make you sin because that is his job!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • thanks guys... but idk... its a little bit more complicated in my mind... i might not be expressing my thoughts correctly... just pray for me cause i'm pretty confussed these days!

jydeacon, about that picture... i would need to get a new one everyday since the pictures will fall apart from the number of pins i'll stick in :-\

• [quote author=jydeacon link=board=11;threadid=4938;start=0#msg66926 date=1170301278]
    i will not repeat myself.

You tell him jydeacon!
    :P
    hahahahhahaa
  • Well let that be your motivation to stop sinning. Don't think about ruining the picture so much as to worry about not disapointing the person who gave His life for you and me so that we may live.
  • Ahm....ahm.....ahm....!!!