Luke 18

edited January 2007 in Faith Issues
luke 18:19 why did Jesus not mention all 10 commandments?

why did Jesus say you still lack ONE thing if He said later also .. and come, follow me?
is that not more than one thing?

and did this rich ruler not commit adultery with a woman in his heart atleast?

whats the difference between kingdom of God and kingdom of Heaven?
Jesus mentioned entering the kingdom of God in luke 18

in luke 18:22 it says when jesus heard these things ... THESE? the rich ruler just said one sentence.. I guess though he said more than one word .. is that why the KJV uses the word THESE?
(Maybe you don't have to answer this one.. it might not be that important but I was curious)

Did the rich man have no wife? if he did how would he support his wife if he was to sell everything and give to the poor?

Comments

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4925;start=0#msg66703 date=1169901080]
    luke 18:19 why did Jesus not mention all 10 commandments?

why did Jesus say you still lack ONE thing if He said later also .. and come, follow me?
    is that not more than one thing?

the one thing Jesus was talking about is following Him. now come and follow are one in the same bag. i can't follow except if i first come, know you and than follow. you can't follow somone from miles away or in the way Jesus puts it, you can't follow Him without knowing Him first. alos the one thing refers to the one commendment.

and did this rich ruler not commit adultery with a woman in his heart atleast?

no. it doesn't say that in the text.

whats the difference between kingdom of God and kingdom of Heaven?
    Jesus mentioned entering the kingdom of God in luke 18

nothing at all. when you say the kingdom of heaven, it's the exact place. when you say the kigdom of God, it refers to God's possesion of that kigdom.

in luke 18:22 it says when jesus heard these things ... THESE? the rich ruler just said one sentence.. I guess though he said more than one word .. is that why the KJV uses the word THESE?
    (Maybe you don't have to answer this one.. it might not be that important but I was curious)

In NIV version is says:

22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

i guess in NKJ it refers to the sentences before. like when the ruler first asked Christ and than told Him that he did...

Did the rich man have no wife? if he did how would he support his wife if he was to sell everything and give to the poor?

The ruler asked Jesus saying:

"Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?"

And what Christ did asnwered him in the right way. also He said.

"Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 who shall not receive many times more in this present time, and in the age to come eternal life."

the man's wife is not going to die becasue he left her. at that time he needs to do what's right. st Peter said in the same verses:

28 Then Peter said, "See, we have left all and followed You."

Did their families get correpted or lost. no, his wife was one of the Marys coming to the tomb on resurrection sunday. also if am not mistaken she was martyered with him in Rome. so it just shows that it's always right and good to follow Christ in the right path and He will lead and keep thoses who really love you in peace.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4925;start=0#msg66703 date=1169901080]

St.Peter himself left his wife and she lived
  • Kingdom of God refers to the Church..Kingdom of Heaven is...Heaven lol
  • so it is hard for a rich man to enter the church?
  • [quote author=curious1 link=board=1;threadid=4925;start=0#msg66755 date=1169972724]
    Kingdom of God refers to the Church..Kingdom of Heaven is...Heaven lol

so it is hard for a rich man to enter the church?

I'll repeat what i said before:

nothing at all. when you say the kingdom of heaven, it's the exact place. when you say the kigdom of God, it refers to God's possesion of that kigdom.

if you say that the kingdom of of God is church, than why don't we see the reall glory of God in front of our eyes. also if you say that, that means every one goes to the kingdom of God. but wait, does that mean there is no point of working to get into the kigdom of God!!!! confusing rit. yes because like i said before The kingdom of GOd and the Kingdom of heaven are one in the same.

and i guess this response cancels out the last quesion of mikeforjesus.
  • i totally agree with minagir