What Happened to Pontius Pilate

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I was wondering what happened to Pontius Pilate after the death of our Lord.

Did he believe and go to heaven due to his wife.

Or he did not believe and did not care about Jesus.

Comments

• [quote author=copt4eva link=board=1;threadid=4861;start=0#msg65920 date=1168248960]

well it is said that he died and went to the lower parts of Hedas.
  • [quote author=copt4eva link=board=1;threadid=4861;start=0#msg65920 date=1168248960]

There are traditions that speak of him repenting; hence his canonization by the Ethiopian Orthodox Church as a Saint.

However, as far as I know, this is unique to that local church and is not accepted by any others among the Orthodox.

That being said, I do not believe there has been any 'official' proclamation as to his damnation either.
  • So is he a Saint in heaven or a bad person in hell
  • we don't know!

I did hear a story once that after the crucifixion he found his hands stained with blood, so he washed them. A minute later he found them stained with blood again, so he washed them again and again while screaming: I'm innocent of this man's blood (ie the death of Christ). In the end he went crazy and drowned himself.

On the other side, i also heard stories of him believing and becoming a martyr.

We'll find out once we die maybe ;D
  • Maybe there are books on him.

But i dont think our church will believe these books unless it was written in the bible.

Strange........................
  • pontius pilate as wew all no went 2 hell becuz he let the people crucify Jesus
    he could hav stopped dem and he could've went to heavan
    but he thought he was doin the right thing
    soo he went 2 hell
  • well we crucify Jesus every day when we sin...are we all going to hell? No we repent, just as he MIGHT have but we never know
  • I know that he senteced Jesus to be crucified but i heard some people say that he believed and went to heaven (dunno).
  • he thought he was doin the right thing

I think maybe he knew he was doing wrong but he was afraid of caesar (spellling might be wrong) ..maybe because he would make him lose his great position.
  • i dont know