What do you do to escape emotional temptation?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
what do you do if u like a guy and try to deal with it? i know im not supposed to bew thinking of this at this time because im still too young but emotions are nagging at me. i try to avoid this person at school but it is really hard. especially since i go to a catholic school and we have all our classes together. if anyone has any advice for me please let me know so that i may benefit spiritually.

God help me and pray for my weakness!

Comments

• HI marmar, i bet you know who i am. Anyways, These fellings are normal at this age, beleive me however, you will get over it after you notice that he is not perfect, or most likely you will be tired of him after a while, becuse these feelings are not based on anything, they will change quickly.

With love
    one of your your sisters in christ
  • Hi
    I think i agree with Lauren, it is normal to love in your age but you have to controle your emotion. I will ask you some question, the boy that you like is someone you will be able to marry after 10 years? Do you think you have the same way of thinking? and even if you say yes to all my questions, are you sure your emotions will not change after 10 years?
    It is good to love but think before it. Don't let your emotions to controle you.
    i will pray for you.
  • hi marmora i missed you and of course i agree with lauren and monica and i would like to tell you my opionion about it ok

i think you're in an age of growing up and you are a teen and it is very normal to go though this and the word "love" is a nice word and a very nice feeling too, but be careful this beautiful feeling may get you to have some problems and you know what if you think about this boy a lot may get you into a big trouble (dawama) with yourself it is going to control you and you wouldn't be able to deal with it and as monica said don't let your emotions control you

don't worry 10 years later you will be laughing at this believe me
  • everyone gets this feeling. however, go to ur rooma nd pray. ask god for advice. if anyone u want to love it should be god. lol

we"ll pray for u

pray for me too
  • maybe u should talk o the guy and try to be friends with him instead of avoiding him. :)

just my 2 cent
  • you should talk to your FOC I think
  • my opinion is this is the age where you'll get those feelings, crush-love...
    honestly my opinion is don't act upon your feelings...they can lead you to trouble. don't worry after awhile those feelings will go away, unless you let them linger around.
    make your relationship with God a little stronger...because you know, He is our Father and when it comes to who we will really love and be with, we are not the ones to go looking for that person, because God will give them to us.
    the main thing you should focus on right now is the strength if the bond of your relationship between you and God.>>MOST IMPORTANT.
  • hey im having the same trouble at the moment dont worry
    i have come to realise that whenever you talk to him or anything happens around him

dont ever take it on level 2 (intimate) talk to him like a friend, BE LOAD, SNORT watever that way there will be no urge for you to tell him at the time becuase he will feel like a really close friend AT THE TIME

hope im making sense and just try it it actually works

ok the whole point of doing this is not to make out your swekf as a pig or grot in front f him, but such attitude will tear away the emotions attached with your friendship.

i dont think u should ignore but if it is helpful keep going with that

oh word of advice: dont go into the whole ill tell you about my life, i wanna share a secret or can we talk in a private place

al to dangerous topics and environment..trust me i have learnt from my mistakes and am still curently learning the SAMEEE mistake, i dont learn...

i think i should take my own advice and try to prevent any intimate feelings, by TEARING them away by your actions

this is just what i think, i think its a new concept but might just work! MAYBE! we will both try and ill tell you how it goes ;D
  • PRETEND GOD IS RITE IN FRONT OF U (wich he is)
    .........................TRUST ME
    IT WILL HELP UUUU
    GOD BLESS
    RABENA MA3AKI
  • yea shes rite ask ursef would st mary do this? go pray and hide from this