liess!!! think about this!!! quick!!!!!

edited January 2007 in Random Issues
lately, this topic has been om my mind for a long time. wether u dont lie but u dont say the whole truth. now these are just examples ill give so u can understand what i meen. i really need all of ur helpa and suggestions. plez say wat ever u think is rite. i really need to no. thx so much.

example: if for an example u got a lot of things for ur birthday. kk. and u told ur frends but not to show off or anthing. then u realized that they didnt get a lot. so sarcastically youd say "did u ever here of relatives?"

so at this pt u makin her believe that its ur family too but ur not exactlty tellin her anythin. is this a lie.

example: if ur dad asked you if u were asleep and u said im on the bed. is that a lie. ur on the bed but ur not asleep. is that okay.

example: is it bad to lie for covering up for somebody or somethin. not nesserialy if it were 2 bring 2 pppls bac to gether. rite. but wat if it was simply so no one could make fun of that person.

example: wat if u were for an example very smart in school and u studid all the time. but u didnt want anyone 2 no that. so u would make up a lie and say that u did a lot of things and such and such. is that bad.?

thank u soo much!! i really need u to take this ino consideration. u probably think this is silly and stuff but if u think about it , it may be hard to comprehend. sry if i confused anyone.

sister in christ, coptikgrl

p.s. to show u how important this is to me, i want to ask abouna at mi church to do a sermon about it. lol. im serious kk bii

Comments

• well lying is wrong in general i think there are certain circumstances where its not technically lying i have a story for you. one time when Jesus was fleeing from Herod when he was a baby they passed by a watermelon field. they told the farmer to tell anybody who came after them that they came when the planted the watermelon seeds. which infact the farmer did that day. the next day guards came after them and the farmer said that the Holy Family came when he planted the seeds. the guards looked and the water melons were fully grown as if they had been planted months ago. so they stopped following them. now i am not saying this is an exuse to lie but i am sure there are certain circumstances where its technically not lying. sorry if this wasn't of any help
  • thank u so much!! but sry, i still need more ideas. im sry if my examples were hard but i really do need them answered. thx for the story it answered some.

sister in christ coptikgrl

plzz pray for me
  • anyone plzzz!! i no u guys r great responders. plzz any thing at all.
  • hey coptikgrl...
    here is what I think... i might be wrong though...

example: if ur dad asked you if u were asleep and u said im on the bed. is that a lie. ur on the bed but ur not asleep. is that okay.

since u answered ur dad then he knows that ur not sleeping... so it is okay.
    me personally... if mama or papa ask me if i'm sleeping i say "YES" and they giggle since they know i'm only kidding around.

example: is it bad to lie for covering up for somebody or somethin. not nesserialy if it were 2 bring 2 pppls bac to gether. rite. but wat if it was simply so no one could make fun of that person.

again, my personal opinion... i won't lie about it.... i would be honest no matter what.... with faith and my eternity, i'm always selfish and zealous

example: wat if u were for an example very smart in school and u studid all the time. but u didnt want anyone 2 no that. so u would make up a lie and say that u did a lot of things and such and such. is that bad.?

why do u cover urself? if ppl know that ur smart... so what... u might be able to help someone if that someone comes up to u and ask u a question since he/she knows ur smart and u would be able to help!!!

bout ur first example... sorry but i don't get it :-\ ...

hope i helped ::)

p4m plz
  • thx. wat i mean is imagine me an mii frend always sharing what we did each day. so, for an example: u were a very rich person. and u got lke 20 things for ur bday and u thought ur frend would also get a lot of things and so she didnt. so u feel bad. then u sarcastically say did u ever here of relatives. so ur makin her believe that it was also family tha gave u these gifts but ur not exactly tellin her. is that a lie. i hope u understand it now. sry..

coptikgrll
  • why sorry ya3ni... i should be ( i don't get any gifts lol jk)...
    well... i don't think its a lie... ur family got u the gifts and u indirectly told her that ur family got u the gifts... so if i understood this correctly... there are no lies involved!

did i miss ur pt? ???
  • sry. well one: ths is just an ex. not reel. 2, i told her saracastically tjhat if she ever herd of family. as if making her think it was family but it really wasnt. sry if i am makin this worse.
  • hehehe... i get it.... sometimes i'm slow :P

in my opinion... it would be a lie since you didn't say the truth about the gifts... you can make her feel better without saying anything about ur gifts or who got'em for u

for example: give her some of ur gifts that u don't need or she would benefit more from them.... that would increase the amount of love between u 2 but no lies to be said........ *** she might understand this wrong so be careful how you say this, depending on the nature of the friendship... it might not cause any problems... or if said wrongly she might think of it as if your helping her or somen....

again... that's my opinion :D
    hope i helped and sorry it took moi a long time to get ur point... hehehe

we ba3dan ya3ni... if this is not real... why tease ur brain... just say "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us"

rabana ma3ky

p4m :D
  • yeah sry. its kk u didnt get it.

yea i no. i do tease my brain a lot. i think of things deeply. thank you anbabola for ur help.

i would just stil lke to here some of other opinions.

no one at all?
  • hehehe no problem....

i do tease my brain a lot. i think of things deeply

i used to do that tooo then i stopped... it wastes my brain energy ***i'm vvvv lazy.... plus everything is in God's hands so why think too deeply on things that God has in his hands!!

pope kyrillos said... "laa tofakar fi el amr kaataer, bal da3 el amr lee maan be yadoh el amr"

p4m plzzz
  • thanks
    sure pray for me too
    i got serious tests next wek bii

• rabana ma3aky.... u'll be fine!
  • This is a realy good point though

If somebody asked you "How are you?" and you are not fine and you say "great"

Is that a lie?

Hummmm............
  • I don't think thats necesaraly lying. i think its just a habbit people get into saying.
  • yea...that's a good question ya bentbabayasooa.....

i know myself... when i'm upset or somen, mama asks me "malak ya abni" and i just say "mafish haga"..... i do it alllllll the time, and i never thought about it as a lie...

jydeacon, isn't it a bad habbit? after all, we should be living by what the bible says... and it commands us not to lie.

i think ideally we should be honest.... but what do u do with the nosy ppl who will keep on asking "what's wrong ya habiby?" if u say "not too good" or somen??
  • I guess we can say "Don't worry about it" for them people who put their noise in everybody's business!

Bas, when my parents ask me "what is wrong" I tell them "noting" when there is something actualy wrong!! I do that because I don't want them to worry about me.

Bas ya3ni if this is considered as a lie and a SIN, then Heaven is no place for me!! :'(
  • well, y would u even say great?
  • Well...because it is none of their business, they just want some information out of you!!!
  • dont complicate gods word.
    God said dont lie, so dont

thats it

no confusion and no questions asked