can we be washed of our sins without having the holy spirit?

edited January 2007 in Faith Issues
aren't we washed by the blood of jesus?

is the holy spirit involved in washing?

Not sure I make much sense.

Also Jesus went to Egypt to avoid being killed by Herod ... what about John the Baptist?

Who do you think was the virgin marys dad? Heli or Joachim?

Why did Jesus have to be born of a virgin? why could He not be born of Joseph's seed? do you think He would inherit the sin nature if that was the case? but sex is not a sin..
could God not have prevented Jesus from inheriting the sin nature even if He was born normally?

Comments

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4844;start=0#msg65775 date=1167812284]
    aren't we washed by the blood of jesus?

is the holy spirit involved in washing?

Not sure I make much sense.

we were washed of the sin of Adam by His blood, and we were santified and were made worthy by His Resurrection. the holy spirit is the connection between us and Christ after His ascention. and also the Holy Spirit is the Spirit that does the good in us and leads us in the right path that would get us to heaven.

Also Jesus went to Egypt to avoid being killed by Herod ... what about John the Baptist?

John was taken by his father Zechariah to the alter and an angel came upon it and took John to the wilderness. Zechariah than was killed on the enterence of the alter by herod's soldiers when they knew that he had a child which they heard of him being a good man of God.

Who do you think was the virgin marys dad? Heli or Joachim?

aaaahhh we don't think, we know that he is Joachim. who is Heli!!!???????

Why did Jesus have to be born of a virgin? why could He not be born of Joseph's seed? do you think He would inherit the sin nature if that was the case? but sex is not a sin..

it said that in the prohpices and in the proverps of all the old testment books. also if you think about it. if He was born of joseph, than He wouldn't of been Divine. also yes. if Jesus would of been born of a human, He would inhert the consiquence sin of the human

could God not have prevented Jesus from inheriting the sin nature even if He was born normally?

i think i said before that God is a just God that wouldn't just take short cuts.

also i don't think it's for us to ask why that and why this.

mikeforjesus,
    i really don't think it's a good idea to ask all these quesions. don't tell me you don't know your faith that well. please verify if what i am saying is right.
  • mikeforjesus,
    i really don't think it's a good idea to ask all these quesions. don't tell me you don't know your faith that well. please verify if what i am saying is right.

I think I should ask them if they came to my head.. I should not ignore them

who is Heli!!!???????

Luke 3 (King James Version)

23And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

FROM
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=luke 3;&version=9;

I think Heli was Marys father.. and Joseph's father in law (but how can he be his father in law if they were not married but only betrothed?) ..

In matthew 1 Josephs father is Jacob..

it said that in the prohpices and in the proverps of all the old testment books. also if you think about it. if He was born of joseph, than He wouldn't of been Divine. also yes. if Jesus would of been born of a human, He would inhert the consiquence sin of the human

Im not sure if your answer is right..
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4844;start=0#msg65802 date=1167879490]
    mikeforjesus,

I think I should ask them if they came to my head.. I should not ignore them

who is Heli!!!???????

Luke 3 (King James Version)

23And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,

FROM
    http://www.biblegateway.com/p***age/?search=luke 3;&version=9;

I think Heli was Marys father.. and Joseph's father in law (but how can he be his father in law if they were not married but only betrothed?) ..

In matthew 1 Josephs father is Jacob..

Im not sure if your answer is right..

in the bible it never saiod anything about Joseph's father in law. you yourself said you think so it's just a thought.
    also i'll list some of the many and many prophices about Christ coming from a virgin and "without the seed of men, "as we say in tasbeha
  • Another reason the Christ was to be born of woman is because as sin came through the woman (EVe) the salvation had to be through woman (second eve, st mary)
  • mike: the passage you quoted was the lineage of joseph, as ppl assumed that jesus was the physical son of joseph. the passage means to show that jesus came from adam.

now, as for asking questions, i think it's necessary that we ask questions, for how else do we improve and learn. how could god not expect us to question and seek to understand.
    I think dogma is to be believed with faith, but also with understanding. that is the only way we can defend our faith, and maintain it for future generations.
  • why did u bleep out the a word from every word
  • oo nvm im sorry i didnt know we censored 3 letters that make up a bad word in a word, that is pretty retarded...im sry i assumed u just bleeped it out