Tattoos continued

2»

Comments

• Well mostly every1 here is circumcised and we can't do nothing about it, however I think it developed before islam and it was just a tradition but I think it's good because it prevents a person from trying to masterbute...

I asked my dad and he's a doctor and he said that circumcision is very good and healthy and that all the opposing people only oppose because of sensation, and masterbution and they cannot disprove that circumcision is quite good for the health of the male's object and that later on it prevents cancer..

Mike
  • how does it prevent masterbation?
  • Banoub, circumcision is no longer required by the church. I do agree with you 100% on how it's good for the health, but especially after Saint Paul wrote the book of Galations which was all about circumcision, and many other epistles that mentioned it. He told us that it is not required to be a Christian, if I am not mistaken.

1 Corinthians 7:19
    Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

Galatians 5:6
    For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

if i'm misinterpreting these verses then please let me know.
  • Basically what both verse say is that neither circumcision or uncircumscion are a sin..., and form my opinion it all depends on the comminty they lived in, for example I think he said that because the jews were circumcised yet the gentiles weren't and they weren't willing to do that. As for Egypt, it had circumcision as well...

Mike

• So now is circumcision required or is it just tradition?
  • I would say it's just a tradition...

• My friends,
    Maybe we are forgetting Christ himself was circumcised. He set the example - if we are to be Christ-like, we too should be circumcised. It's that simple.
    The feast, f.y.i., is celebrated on the 6th of Tobi (January 14 or 15) eight days after the Feast of the Nativity and is one of the seven minor feasts of our Lord.
    Granted, this circumcision of Christ's was done so that we can enjoy the circumcision of the spirit and heart (Colossians 2:11), instead of the literal circumcision of the flesh, which was replaced by the Sacrament of Baptism in the New Testament; but I don't think that means we should not be circumcised, like our Savior was.

On the eighth day: of His wonderful birth: He accepted to Himself the circumcision: according to the manner of the law.

- Chris
  • yeah, i agree that nothing said that we shouldn't...but then again, nothing said we MUST. Christ did set the example for us, but if we take that as a must, so that we can be Christlike, then we are making the same mistake the Galations made.
  • Very good point.

Of course it's not a must, but would you agree that it is better than not getting circumcised?

A great mystery: beyond all human minds: is the pursuit of our Savior: Who came and became the Son of Man.

- Chris
  • Ofcourse Banoub we must be Christlike, and Christ Himself obeyed every single commandement in the OT and therefore He was blameless in the Father's Eyes...

(and ofcourse in ours)

Yet what seems to be the confusion is that doesn't mean because Christ was crucified that we must be crucified (in the flesh) and that Christ was circumcised that we should be as well (in the flesh) however just like we "nail" Crosses to our hands we also get circumcised as well as till today we still believe that it is good for the health of the male object.

However there a lot of symbolic ways that we can be Christlike, for example, we should be buried with Christ, we are buried with Him in baptism when we submerge into the water and also because Christ was baptized...Circumcision, just as in Galatians it is explained that we ALSO obtain circumcision through Baptism because circumcision means "purification" and we were purified when we were baptized. As for Crucifixion well every time somebody calls you something and you turn the other cheek, it's like you are getting whipped and nailed for your Christ...therefore being Crucified with Him...however He carried our HUGE Cross and gave us a little one, so in everything, our pain is NOTHING compared to Christ's.

What I find very amazing is that Paul the Apostle mentions that a lot symbolizing Commandemnts of Jesus Christ to what happened in His Life, Death, Ressurection and Ascension.
  • Guys,
    Why are we discussing this? I don't see a point. I'm almost a 100% sure all the guys in this forum have been circumcised, so it does not matter to them anymore - they can't glue back on the flesh that was cut off. And for those who are not circumcised, they are surely not going to get circumcised, it's not pretty when you get a circumcision when you're old.
    It was really our parents decision to circumcise us or not. Not ours, so I don't think there is a point in this topic - unless there are parents-to-be in here.

The Good Lover of Mankind: Who sustained Israel: forty years in the wilderness: came and became the Son of Man.

- Chris
  • HAHA, very true...

Mike
  • lol..i was wondering the same thing..and somehow we went from tattoos to circumcision....are we all clear on the stuff about the tattoos?
  • well no, that's why we flipped to circumcision, however I've realized something very funny....the forum is EXTREMELY active when there's a fight or it's about dating, yet I mean, now it's all kinda slooooow and only a few post...

Anyone agree??

Mike
  • tattoos are wrong
    99% of people are circumsized
    egy's got cross tattoos because in wars men who died in battle needed to be differentiated from muslim soldiers so they could be given the proper funeral so cross tattoos were the way to go, also its a way to witness to ur faith in a country that was being actively persecuted, however these days nobody is being actively persecuted in america, show the cross through ur actions because it means more than the picture that u think makes u a christian, on ur wrist
  • [quote author=egytony link=board=1;threadid=421;start=45#msg6558 date=1089452994]
    tattoos are wrong
    egy's got cross tattoos because in wars men who died in battle needed to be differentiated from muslim soldiers so they could be given the proper funeral so cross tattoos were the way to go, also its a way to witness to ur faith in a country that was being actively persecuted, however these days nobody is being actively persecuted in america, show the cross through ur actions because it means more than the picture that u think makes u a christian, on ur wrist

I think in America we are actively persecutes although not physically. A lot of our images, movies, culture, is anti-Christian. Its just a different form of persecution, i think.
  • [quote author=Michael_Thoma link=board=1;threadid=421;start=45#msg6569 date=1089478871]
    [quote author=egytony link=board=1;threadid=421;start=45#msg6558 date=1089452994]
    tattoos are wrong

I think in America we are actively persecutes although not physically. A lot of our images, movies, culture, is anti-Christian. Its just a different form of persecution, i think.

That's true egytony and by the way I gotta check about the war thing since I've never heard about it... Well it's just weird that for a few soldiers doing it, that the whole country would do it, and that they'd get tatoos at Monasteries and Church gates....no offence but it doesn't really make sense to me...

God Bless.

Mike