a year has passed and a new one begun

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
well..firstly happy new years everyone!!!

secondly, as per suual every year, i make an...oath and wel..if i try hard..i can keep the oath for about 2 weeks max..n i know alota ppl are like that..is there any envouragement or words to say on these issues...

someone input on this issue and the method of keeping the oath..maybe what type of oath they give god....

thanks!!

once again HAPYY NEWWW YEEAAARRR!

Comments

• Happy New Year

I think the best thing to do is ask for God to help you with that oath then just promising to stop something because with out God no one can do anything successfully. so i would suggest this year instead of saying God i promise to do such in such or not to do such in such, God help to do such in such or help me stop do such in such and i am sure you find success the whole year.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness

• “Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.” (Matt 18: 21-22)

Keep this as your motto, if you fall and not finish you’re resolution… don’t stay down… but get back up… and keep working on it… seven is the number of completion… so pretty much Jesus was saying never give up… so if you see your performance is lacking after two weeks… its okay! Just try to improve it… and you’ll notice it will grow to three weeks… to a month without lacking until your reach your perfection… and accomplish you’re goal or resolution or “oath”.
  • One time i asked my father of confession to help me to be a better christian. He told me to make a graph, time in the X axis and spritual growth in the other and if i was able to keep the graph going up so i respected my oath with God. happy new year
  • nice suggestion, i will make my own graph..thankyou everyone.

and as usual, i lasted an appauling half a day with my oath
  • good thatit was half a day. Mine was just 1/1/2007 @ 12.00 until 1.00 :-[
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR
    ( IF ITS NOT 2 LATE)
  • very late...lol but thanks and same to u
  • oh u r not that late. I gave christmas gifts to my friends yesterday.