Why do you believe in Jesus?

2»

Comments

• I want to go to a monastery in Egypt and find a monk who through prayer to God will be able to answer my questions or who has the gift of knowing peoples thoughts as some saints had according to the church..

(I hope I find one who speaks English)

Or I want to talk to the pope

Do you think I will be successful?

I think my condition is serious and noone is convincing me.. not the many sites ive been to either.. they have helped somewhat maybe but I don't think im so sure of my faith anymore..

I WANT TO ASK ALSO

If Jesus had no sin and did not have original sin how come He could die and feel pain?

• Perhaps no other post has got this many views...to me it seems to be maybe because many people care for me and also because the topic is important for christians..

I thank all but I hope I am not a stumbling block to others..

Please remember me in your prayers!
  • [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=1;threadid=4706;start=0#msg64176 date=1164943257]

1. Remember St. Mary and how she appeared on the church in Zeitoun for many times, and this we have proof of it in pictures, videos, and families... I wasn't born when she appeared, but I believe it because I saw her in the video clips available online.

where is that video by the way
  • Isaiah 11 (King James Version)

10And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

from
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah 11;&version=9;

root of jesse means the Messiah will exist before Jesse... and so He would be God...
    thats how pope shenouda III understands it I think..
  • If you have any doubts about anything pertaining to christ i very, very highly recommend the book the Case for Christ by lee Strobel, it is a book on Strobel as he probes the life of Jesus Christ. Interviewing 13 of the country's top Christian scholars, he ferrets out incontestable historical, scientific, and psychiatric evidence to support the claims of Jesus as messiah, christ and savior. please read it, also there is the book the Case for Faith also by Lee Strobel dealing with the general objections to christianity, both are amazing books and do wonders for me when i doubt the faith
  • LOL... LOL... LOL... I went through this habibi... if you read my early posts you'll see how bothered I was by such questions... NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE says would it matter to you... lol... and thats how it was to me... because believing does not come through words... bas its okay, look at other religions... and if you find somebody that is sweet as Jesus tell me... if you find somebody as AMAZING as Jesus... then tell me... if you find somebody who is PERFECT... then tell me!
  • Acts 7:36-37 (King James Version)

36He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signs in the land of Egypt, and in the Red sea, and in the wilderness forty years.

37This is that Moses, which said unto the children of Israel, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear.

Do you think Jesus was a prophet (but more than a prophet) like Moses because of the signs Jesus did or for another reason? maybe because He spoke with authority? but did Moses speak with authority?

2 Kings 5:1-15 (King James Version)

1Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.

2And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.

3And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.

4And one went in, and told his lord, saying, Thus and thus said the maid that is of the land of Israel.

5And the king of Syria said, Go to, go, and I will send a letter unto the king of Israel. And he departed, and took with him ten talents of silver, and six thousand pieces of gold, and ten changes of raiment.

6And he brought the letter to the king of Israel, saying, Now when this letter is come unto thee, behold, I have therewith sent Naaman my servant to thee, that thou mayest recover him of his leprosy.

7And it came to pass, when the king of Israel had read the letter, that he rent his clothes, and said, Am I God, to kill and to make alive, that this man doth send unto me to recover a man of his leprosy? wherefore consider, I pray you, and see how he seeketh a quarrel against me.

8And it was so, when Elisha the man of God had heard that the king of Israel had rent his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, Wherefore hast thou rent thy clothes? let him come now to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.

9So Naaman came with his horses and with his chariot, and stood at the door of the house of Elisha.

10And Elisha sent a messenger unto him, saying, Go and wash in Jordan seven times, and thy flesh shall come again to thee, and thou shalt be clean.

11But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.

12Are not Abana and Pharpar, rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? may I not wash in them, and be clean? So he turned and went away in a rage.

13And his servants came near, and spake unto him, and said, My father, if the prophet had bid thee do some great thing, wouldest thou not have done it? how much rather then, when he saith to thee, Wash, and be clean?

14Then went he down, and dipped himself seven times in Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God: and his flesh came again like unto the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.

15And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant.

FROM
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 kings 5:1-15;&version=9;

That last verse might prove that only God can heal leprosy and Jesus healed leprosy..

Or can satan heal too? the coming lawless (?) one will do wonders to deceive if possible the elect..

(have I said something wrong?)

or can satan heal too