Born of the Father before all ages..

edited December 2006 in Faith Issues
Why do some say God the Father had a Son and that He was born of the Father before all ages?

If the Son is the mind of God then the Son existed forever for God always had a mind and must have always had a mind to be able to create anything...

Why do we say He was born of the Father? wouldn't that mean He didn't exist for some time.. but then we say before all ages.. so He must have existed always..

How can He be born before all ages?

I know ive posted so many times.. but that might stop and maybe ill have no questions for a long time that I won't know the answer to or maybe ill find out somewhere else..

Pray for me!

Comments

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4818;start=0#msg65568 date=1167363744]
    Why do some say God the Father had a Son and that He was born of the Father before all ages?

If the Son is the mind of God then the Son existed forever for God always had a mind and must have always had a mind to be able to create anything...

Why do we say He was born of the Father? wouldn't that mean He didn't exist for some time.. but then we say before all ages.. so He must have existed always..

How can He be born before all ages?

I know ive posted so many times.. but that might stop and maybe ill have no questions for a long time that I won't know the answer to or maybe ill find out somewhere else..

Pray for me!

well he was born in the human and seen nature of us to save us. and when you say he was born before the ages that only refers for Him who was there before the ages.

no don't stop. your questions are very interesting which i like to actually talk about. hard to answer but very nice.
  • "Why do we say He was born of the Father? wouldn't that mean He didn't exist for some time.. "

That would fall under the line of reasoning that Arius used.

When we say born of the Father we do not talk about the kind of birth of humans. But the same way that light is 'born' from a fire, but the both existed at the same time.
  • [quote author=tavmatoroghos link=board=1;threadid=4818;start=0#msg65571 date=1167366335]
    "Why do we say He was born of the Father? wouldn't that mean He didn't exist for some time.. "

That would fall under the line of reasoning that Arius used.

When we say born of the Father we do not talk about the kind of birth of humans. But the same way that light is 'born' from a fire, but the both existed at the same time.

a very nice example
  • thankyou that makes sense..

but I right now don't really like the term born.. was that u'sed in the scriptures?

I know the part of the bible that says..

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God

John 1:1 ..maybe NKJV

that is very clear .. is there any bible verses that say He was "born" of the Father before all ages?

minagir I want someone to answer my questions but I hope by you listening to or reading a lot of stuff (not only my questions) you do not stumble..
    some things maybe you should not listen to or read
    you could be strong in the beginning .. having energy or whatever to answer all objections but one day do you think you might be tired and not have much strength to answer all objections.. but some people study most their life..

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4818;start=0#msg65573 date=1167370487]
    minagir I want someone to answer my questions but I hope by you listening to or reading a lot of stuff (not only my questions) you do not stumble..
    some things maybe you should not listen to or read
    you could be strong in the beginning .. having energy or whatever to answer all objections but one day do you think you might be tired and not have much strength to answer all objections.. but some people study most their life..

lol, acuilty i did have an argument today with a hindu guy but it just never got to and end. but anyway, these stuff to me is like food. knowledge is always good. and this kind of knoledge to me is greater because this is my/our faith. if you always trust in God and never forget what r u fighting for, God will never leave you. just remeber me in your prayers.