Eparthenos

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know where I could get the words to the hymn Eparthenos in Coptic-English? I went to the text library here, but the Coptic doesn't show on my computer. Thanks

Comments

• ee parthenos seemeron ton eperos eyon tektee ke ee gee to espeleon to aprosito ipro saji angeli meta pi menon doxologhosi magi the meta asteros odi porosi deemas ghar egeneethee pezion neon o eproyo non theos

pigenmisi emparthenekon owoh ninakhi emipnevmatikon o eshferee emparathoxon kata ni esmee em eprofeeteekon

• You can go to : http://copticchurch.net/coptic_fonts/ and download the coptic fonts installer and it will add the coptic fonts to your computer.

• Thank you so much! I really appreciate both replies!

• hellooooo, well i think that what Maged said is gr888, hahahah I so love this lahn, its one of my favourites
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4768;start=0#msg65188 date=1166642858]
    hellooooo, well i think that what Maged said is gr888, hahahah I so love this lahn, its one of my favourites

it's on the top 5 of my favorite hymns. it's just so heavnly if said in thr right tune, spead and way. that doesn't mean i can say it that perfect. i love hymn from listing to them from others not from my bad voice.
  • Mina man, you're a walking encyclopedia in alhan, hahahahah, but its alright, you can record it with your voice and send it to me and i will check ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4768;start=0#msg65205 date=1166650952]
    Mina man, you're a walking encyclopedia in alhan, hahahahah, but its alright, you can record it with your voice and send it to me and i will check ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol, that's would never happened in million years.well sometimes you would listent o me on the live broadcasting here on tasbeha.org. but that's not a reason to stop going on it,lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • The original tune in the Greek Orthodox Church is great too ;)

try it

http://goarch.org/en/special/listen_learn_share/nativity/listen/

its the second one (the only one with lyrics)
  • Hey Matt,
    Thanks for sharing that website... I recognized most of the words but some I couldn't. Does anyone know why the tune is a little different? It'd be interesting to know!

• well , in a time (Pope Cyril, abou el esla7 if i'm not mistaking) there were attempts from both our church as well as the greek orthodox to draw closer, so we took some of their hymns (some of the procession hymns of easter) and also hymns like ee parthenos.

I think due to the fact that our ears are accustomed to oriental music, it was slightly changed over time.

It's very obvious in a hymn like Xrictoc Anecti, the joyfull tune we use is coptic, and the slow tune afterwards is the original greek tune.

Oh and btw, some words u couldnt recognize probably because we can't pronounce greek in a proper way ;D

(note for instance how they pronounce the word "Magi ze", the word "magi" is very clear and it means the Wise men, personally i never noticed that word in the way we pronounce it in our coptic hymn)
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4768;start=0#msg65243 date=1166705715]
    well , in a time (Pope Cyril, abou el esla7 if i'm not mistaking) there were attempts from both our church as well as the greek orthodox to draw closer, so we took some of their hymns (some of the procession hymns of easter) and also hymns like ee parthenos.

ten parts in exact were taken from the greek church to try to bring us closer. 5 ones i know are used are, e parthenos, ton sina, tooletho, ten anastaseen, and eti gennis. i am acuilty trying to get the tune for the rest of them in greek or if they were ever recorded in arabic.
  • if u have the old "nahdet el kana'es" Deacons service book u'll notice way in the back this section with greek hymns. They aren't used in our church, but my guess is that these hymns are taken from the greeks as well.

There's also a lot of greek parts for St Mary that we never use (again check ur DS book ;))
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4768;start=0#msg65247 date=1166708762]
    if u have the old "nahdet el kana'es" Deacons service book u'll notice way in the back this section with greek hymns. They aren't used in our church, but my guess is that these hymns are taken from the greeks as well.

There's also a lot of greek parts for St Mary that we never use (again check ur DS book ;))

also may be check the hymn text libraryhere on tasbeha.org, ;D ;) ;) ;D ;D
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4768;start=0#msg65258 date=1166732246]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4768;start=0#msg65247 date=1166708762]
    if u have the old "nahdet el kana'es" Deacons service book u'll notice way in the back this section with greek hymns. They aren't used in our church, but my guess is that these hymns are taken from the greeks as well.

also may be check the hymn text libraryhere on tasbeha.org, ;D ;) ;) ;D ;D

here are the greek parts that Hos Erof was talking about:

Greek Parts