Why do you believe in Jesus?

edited December 2006 in Faith Issues
DDD

Comments

• hey mike,
    you bring a good question up!!! why do we believe in Jesus??

look, i'm not gonna tell you that the bible is authentic, and try to prove it to you, but i'll remind you of couple of things that will make you believe in God Jesus Christ:

1. Remember St. Mary and how she appeared on the church in Zeitoun for many times, and this we have proof of it in pictures, videos, and families... I wasn't born when she appeared, but I believe it because I saw her in the video clips available online.

2. Saint relics... why are they still in a relatively good condition after over 1700yrs?? for example, St. Marina, how come we still have a full hand and her nails still grow to this day!!

3. I heard a story from someone muslim guy in egypt. He works as a faran (bakes bread) in one of the hawary in egypt. He said that they can't bake any bread in this one street because St. Mary and baby Jesus were passing by this area, and she asked for a piece of bread and they didn't give her any.

4. Remember Pope Kyrolis and how many miracles he made to the people that lived very near to us and not too far away, and most are still living with us today.

if we were to just think that Jesus never happened, then how do we justify all of these things that i listed above?? (there are more...)

don't let satan play games with you and your mind, and tell him that you have a physical proof and defeat him... believe that God is right next to you and will help you...
    I always say to myself, I can't see Jesus by my eyes because of my many sins... maybe one day my eyes will be clean enough to see Him next to me...

pray for me mike...
  • The messiah's job was one thing, save man from there sins. As death entered into the world through Adam and Eve, so did Life enter the world once again through Jesus. I know what your feeling, ive gone through it many times, you must never forget that the devil is soo intelligent, there is no one in the world who can defeat the devil, and who ever tries fails miserably, which is why you shouldnt questions like "how do we know Jesus performed all those miracles", the answers are in faith, No one can give you proof of these miracles but God. So dont ask these kinds of questions expecting to get an answer from people.

This is what you should do.

First pray that the Lord be with you.
    Than ask the Lord to take away any doubts you may have.
    Ask the Lord to remove any discomforts you have, and confusions about Jesus.
    THAN you ask the lord all the questions you have.

The first step is always praying that the lord be with you, because if you are with Jesus, the devil has no place in your heart. Than you ask Jesus any quesitons you may have and he will answer them soon (believe me it works).

I remember one time I had a question on a topic, but I didnt ask anyone, instead i went to God and beleive it or not, the next day in sunday school the topic turned out to be the question I asked God.

God Bless.
  • No other man has defeated mankind's worst fear...death.
    I needed a man to save me because i don't trust in anything else besides man. Only this man had to be extraordinary...defeat death and be my God.
    This is why it is worthy and just (meet and right) to praise Jesus Christ over all the other people who claim to be gods.
    There are many more reasons, but this is my main reason....hope i help.
  • This is a problem we encounter in society. They are so happy with their daily lives in freedom that they try to pound it in the believer's mind that it is impossible that Jesus rose from the dead.
    But i can say something back to this person. Many people witnessed the miracles of Jesus Christ. Many of the saints witnessed to Jesus until death because of what they saw with their own eyes.
    Let me give you true proof that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and many people witnessed:
    There is a famous jewish historian named Josephus. This historian wrote about Jerusalem and many other things. He wrote so much history, but he wrote only one paragraph about Jesus Christ because of the fear of being persecuted. These are the amazing words in the paragraph:

About this time lived Jesus, a man full of wisdom, if indeed one may call Him a man. For He was the doer of incredible things, and the teacher of such as gladly received the truth. He thus attracted to Himself many Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ. On the accusation of the leading men of our people, Pilate condemned Him to death upon the cross; nevertheless those who had previously loved Him still remained faithful to Him. For on the third day He again appeared to them living, just as, in addition to a thousand other marvellous things, prophets sent by God had foretold. And to the present day the race of those who call themselves Christians after Him has not ceased.

Many people witnessed, and I personally am going to continue in believing in my salvation through Jesus Christ who trampled upon death and rose from the dead on the third day proving that He is God.
    I hope you do.

(by the way his name is Flavius Josephus if you want to look him up...this person probably was not a saint or anything special but he had to write some history about Jesus Christ because of His extraordinary impact)

I know there is debate on josephus' authenticity. Read information on the debate if you want to, it is pretty interesting. But be careful do not let yourself get hesitant and brainwashed by negativity that is not proved (if you know what I mean). Believe in Jesus...Do not be afraid...He is worthy and just of praise.
  • The below comes from this site
    http://bibleprobe.com/300great.htm

Maybe not everything in that site is true but maybe this part is.. this part might be on other sites too..

"THE RELIABILITY OF THE NEW TESTAMENT
    Liberal scholars have long argued that the New Testament cannot be considered reliable as it was, in their opinion, written over 100 years after the events it described. If this were true, considering that the authors claims to have personally witnessed their accounts, the Scriptures must be false, or at least unreliable. So widespread were these sentiments, and so loudly and publicly proclaimed, that even today, after overwhelming documentary evidence proves that these texts were written within 30-35 years of the actual events, many still believe them to be historically inaccurate. Capitalizing on this feeling, many scholars now claim that these Scriptures, while accurate historically, must have been contaminated over the years with additional and erroneous information, accounts and statements by well-meaning believers during the last few decades of the first century.

Consider that the modern scholars now possess over 5000 manuscript copies of the New Testament in the original Greek, as well as over 15,000 manuscripts in other languages, all from the first few centuries of this era. No other important historical or religious text has more than a few dozen copies surviving from this time. These 20,000 different texts can be shown to contain some minor differences, in spelling for example, but no difference in even one small fact or single doctrine. These documents give scholars the strongest possible evidence to confirm the accuracy of the New Testament text as well as confirming their widespread distribution among the churches during the last four decades of the first century. That is, within 30-35 years of the actual events. Simply put, if the liberal scholars claims are true, how were ALL these copies of Scripture altered in exactly the same way within only a few decades without any of the devout Christians noticing?

In order to counter the assertion that changes had been introduced into the Scriptures during this time, consider a few points:

-These Scriptures had been, and were still being, widely distributed throughout the churches during the few years after their being written by the apostles.

-Many of the Christians hearing or reading these Scriptures in the churches had personally known the apostles, or Christ Himself, or at least heard them minister.

-These Christians would have been keenly aware of any changes in the basic truths these Scriptures presented.

-One of Christ's original apostles, John, was still alive during this time and was bishop over the seven churches in Turkey until the first few years of the next century. He certainly would have instantly recognized any "new" or altered portions of the Scriptures that came before him.

-The Greek originals of the Scriptures were widely copied into a variety of languages and distributed widely in Hebrew, Syriac, Latin, Coptic, etc. to churches in surrounding areas many years before the turn of the century. These would certainly have proven as impossible to influence as the original Greek.

Furthermore, consider the significance of the fact that no Jew or Roman alive at the time ever openly denied the Scriptural record of Jesus Christ's life, death, ministry or resurrection. Certainly, with the Christian "cult" growing so rapidly throughout the regions and even into nearby countries in those early days, anyone having evidence to contradict the Scriptural account would certainly have likely been compelled to present it publicly."

I might not have understood all that though and I still am not satisfied..
  • Well posted....affirming the reality of the New Testament's historical interminable adequacy and, ultimatley, the very reality of the person of Christ Himself.
  • I'm sory, but i think u should delete it. I know u know better than that, to doubt Jesus Chirst's existence. Maybe I'm wrong cause I don't know you and you might be knew to christianity. If you really do doubt, then just go to your priest and talk to him and ask him to pray for you.

Good luck!
  • I deleted alot..

But I want to know if the devil can heal people and if he can ressurect people from the dead...

remember pharoahs (?) servants or whatever.. how they did some signs?
    how come they could not bring up lice or whatever?

Did the medium really raise up Samuel for Saul? Was it really Samuel or a lie? maybe saul killed himself because he believed he would die according to what the personal brought up said.. maybe it wasn't really Samuel and Samuel didn't prophecy his death..
    Was Samuels spirit in hades? how could Samuel say to Saul he would be with him when he dies?

• Do you think I might be having these doubts because it might be the last days?

unless those days be shortened no flesh would be saved...?

then you also prepare to be deceived..

• [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4706;start=0#msg64286 date=1165111368]
    But I want to know if the devil can heal people and if he can ressurect people from the dead...

NO, only God can, he created us and he is the only one that can perform miracles and raise people, the disciples performed miracles through the holy spirit of God
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4706;start=0#msg64345 date=1165230266]
    Do you think I might be having these doubts because it might be the last days?

mike one question:
    do you think your ready for heaven? if not why not? if so work on enhancing your spiritual life
  • mikeforjesus,

I wouldn't get caught up in all the skepticism one may find on the internet regarding the validity of Christianity. The various objections you will find are nothing new and all of them have been addressed by our Holy Fathers and various Christian scholars. There are those who possess the knowledge and spiritual maturity to engage with such polemics without having their faith shaken; however, in your case I highly recommend that you refrain from reading such material whether online or otherwise.

I ask you in turn to take my word for the fact that all objections to Christianity have a reasonable and logical answer. If you would like to test me on that, I ask you to pick just one objection to Jesus as Messiah from the Jewish website you linked to in your previous post before its being edited, and I will show you how easily a thorough answer can be supplied. I would never have time to go through all objections for you, and even if I did, it would not solve the root of your problem.

I recommend that you consult your FOC with regard to improving and enhancing your prayer life, for it is within prayer that we truly experience the Truth of our Lord Christ, and nothing anyone can do or say can touch that experiential relationship. If your FOC is the type who has no time to sit down and discuss these important matters with you at length, you need to find another priest or even a youth servant to be a spiritual guide for you; it is their duty to take time out for you and it is your duty to make sure you try.

With regards to supernatural occurences, they are not always of divine origin which is why the Church herself is very careful in her approach to such incidents. The Apparition in Zeitoun for example was not immediately accepted as genuine until investigated by a committee of Bishops. Supernatural occurences are deemed valid or not according to the message they bring and the apparent purpose for which they occur. With regards to resurrection, however, the power to bring to life belongs to God alone. Christ was able to grant death to Lazarus and ultimately His own human life because He was God Incarnate.
  • I think most people (although I can only speak for myself) experience certain doubts from time to time, whatever those might be.

However, we must bear in mind that these doubts are rarely the product of convincing arguments by anti-Christian sources. Rather, they are the result of our sinfulness. Our pride and the lack of faith in God that it produces.

I am certain that any person that lives in accordance with the commandments of Christ will not - or rather cannot - have any doubts regarding Him.

So, as Iqbal said, consult your FOC and pray, fast, give alms, read the Gospels, go to confession and receive Holy Communion frequently (these are great weapons agains the enemy), and try to live according to the will of God in everything you do; and I promise you your doubts will leave you.
  • mike,

adding a reply to all good replies above: there are so many strong reasons why do I believe in Jesus, but I think an utmost important truth for your topic here is this:

He is the Fulfillment of all the Old Testament Prophecies.

He fully satisfies and fills all the details relevant to the coming of the Messiah. A word of caution: these details were filled as God meant them to be manifested in His Greatness and Love, and in His total honest goodness and His wise ways, not for the worldly expectations or glories of regular humane goals or thoughts.

He is Love and He is Life. He is the Savior of all mankind.
    He is Christ the Son of God. He is God with us.

I suggest you help a family or do good deeds towards the weak and the poor this will make you feel God's Love even more. Do not worry too much and trust the Lord is Love, He is the most kind and compassionate. Remember in our daily prayers we ask the Lord to forgive us the sins we were not aware of and sins we forgot about. Try to do more good deeds.

Needless to remind you and all that satan hates humans, and rages much against who believe in Jesus Christ and follow Him to be saved. God is here, He helps us with wisdom and strength to overcome any evil, we just need to fight evil a bit and pray the Lord.
  • I thank you guys alot for your advice..

Iqbal can you answer all these from the site

JESUS DID NOT FULFILL THE MESSIANIC PROPHECIES

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

B. Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).

C. Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)

D. Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world -- on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).

The historical fact is that Jesus fulfilled none of these messianic prophecies.

Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

• mikeforjesus,

Iqbal can you answer all these from the site

I don't have time to go through all of them, and to answer them all for you would defy the very purpose for which I offered to answer an objection for you in the first place.

Just so you understand and may be confident in the fact that I can indeed answer them all, and that I am thus not refusing to not answer them all by virtue of some belief that I am unable to, I will again ask you to pick ANY one of those objections (i.e. A, B, C, or D), so that I can show you how easily and quickly they can be refuted (in fact, just so you know, I answered this entire article a long time ago on another forum).

Again, to remind you and for the sake of emphasis, the root of your problem is not intellectual it is spiritual. If I go ahead and answer all these objections for you, it will give you an easy but temporary way out of your distress; it will only be a matter of time before you come across another article, or book, or dialogue, that will disturb you once again. So for now, Mike, I want you to pick any ONE question you want me to address, of your own choice and I will refute it. After I have done that, I want you to leave all skeptical websites and material alone with the confidence that they're all easily refutable, and I want you to find a good spiritual adviser, whether he be your FOC, another priest, a spiritual relative, or a youth servant, and I want you to work on your spiritual life--do not be careless about this, do not make excuses.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4706;start=15#msg64382 date=1165317521]
    Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming, but Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright, and no concept of a second coming exists.

But these Jewish sources are from the Talmud, which came into being after the coming of Christ and the Jewish people's rejection of Him.

Its an argument that is about as convincing as a JW saying "Jesus can't be God because our HQ in Brooklyn says He isn't!"
  • I choose A

I have read some of The Case for Christ and plan on continue reading from it.. written by an atheist who became christian

why did jesus die on a cross? why not be stoned?
    will you say because of OT Prophecy? but why did God not inspire the prophet(s) to prophecy a death by stoning or some other method of killing?

• The death on the cross has a lot of reasons and meanings, i'll just name a few i can come up with now.

First of all, it was a curse to die on the cross in the Old Testament, and Christ took our curse in order to bless us (He took what is ours, and gave us what is His).

The cross was a death that everybody could see from far, so all these people could see and testifie of his crucifixion.

The cross was an extremely painful and long, and that shows the more how God loves us, and was willing to suffer for us.

While he spread his arms on the cross it was as if he opened his arms for all the world to accept Him as a Saviour, it was a way of showing how he died for all.

I"m sure there's a lot more reasons (aside from all the prophecies) u could figure.

But honestly i dont see how this question causes doubt of why one should believe in Jesus.

As for the prophecy A from Ez 37:26-28:

Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
    My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
    And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

This prophecy simply talks about the new covenant of the New Testament that Christ will institute. As for the term Israel, we as the people who accepted Christ are the New Spiritual Israël.
    (From the book of Fr Tadros)

My guess about the sanctuary here is that it refers to the Body of Christ that is continually in our midst through the mystery of Eucharist.
  • MikeforJesus,

I choose A

Great. Let's have a look at what A. states:

What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? The Bible says that he will:

A. Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).

My response to this issue was a page long, so let me summarise the main points:

1) The author's expectation regarding the Messiah's building a third Temple is a relatively modern Jewish innovation influenced by anti-Christian polemics. Many religious traditional Jews did not expect the Messiah to build a third Temple, and indeed many of those in the second Temple period in fact expected Him to visit the already standing (at that time) second Temple.

2) The Scriptures themselves attest to the fact that the Messiah would visit an already standing Second Temple: Haggai 2:6-9 cf. Malachi 3:1-5.

3) The author of the article in question has completely misinterpreted Ezekiel 37:26-28 (which he appeals to as the basis of his objection), for it clearly says nothing regarding the idea of the coming Messiah building any sort of temple. The passage in question reads:

"I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and I will put my sanctuary among them forever. My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. Then the nations will know that I the LORD make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever."

The temple spoken of in the book of Ezekiel is not regarded by the author of the book of Ezekiel as being built by anyone; it is in fact revealed to Ezekiel in a vision already built and established. According to the Apostle St. John, who implicitly refers to Ezekiel's temple in the 21st Chapter of the Apocolypse (Book of Revelations), the temple in question is not a physical Third temple on earth, but rather a spiritual temple established by God and standing in the heavens. That this temple is one established by God, and hence not some physical temple to be established on earth by a coming Messiah, is a view attested to by pre-Christian (and hence unbiased) traditional Jewish sources as well as leading Rabbinic authorities of the Middle Ages.

I have read some of The Case for Christ and plan on continue reading from it.. written by an atheist who became christian

I'm telling you, and mark my words, that you are not in the proper state of spiritual mentality to start delving into polemics/apologetics. A few posts ago you were screaming that you do not wish to be a heretic; I am telling you that that is the road you are headed if you continue to pursue this track you've begun without fixing the real problems in your life. I hope you will trust me on this one. Again, I am urging you to seek spiritual counseling from a priest, older deacon, or youth servant who will take the time to assist you in progressing your spiritual life. True knowledge of God is supplied by His Grace, not books.

why did jesus die on a cross? why not be stoned?

Why do you question the basis behind our Lord and God choosing to undergo death for our sake by the most humiliating and excrutiating means of public execution that existed at that time?

Questions such as the above, whilst interesting, well-intentioned, capable of arousing productive discussion etc. are the wrong questions for you to be asking. The more important questions you need to focus on are: "Why is my faith easily shaken?"

Please Mike, take heed to my words; I know what i'm talking bout. If you want to find true peace and tranquility of mind in the Holy Orthodox Faith; if you want to discover true knowledge of Christ and experience a real and living relationship with Him that cannot be disturbed by words and arguments, then you need to concentrate on your spirituality, and you need to do so under the guidance of someone who you can personally consult on a regular basis. If you would like help finding that someone, PM me and we can discuss it further.
  • also, quoted from St John's
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 2;&version=31;

John 2:
    17His disciples remembered that it is written: "Zeal for your house will consume me." (Pslam 69)

18Then the Jews demanded of him, "What miraculous sign can you show us to prove your authority to do all this?"

19Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

20The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?" 21But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the Scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken. "

let us try to follow the wisdom of God in the spirit.. let us ask for His help not just to mentally undestand Truth, but rather to believe plainly and trust only in His Word (not the words of men)
  • ". That this temple is one established by God, and hence not some physical temple to be established on earth by a coming Messiah, is a view attested to by pre-Christian (and hence unbiased) traditional Jewish sources as well as leading Rabbinic authorities of the Middle Ages."

Do you have proof that is true?
  • Do you have proof that is true?

You'll find evidence of this interpretation of Ezekiel in the commentary of the great Jewish scholar Rashi, and in the Sukkah of Tosofot. The pre-Christian sources in which you will find this interpretation advocated are the Pekedei and Midrash Tanchuma.

• Isaiah 53:8 (King James Version)

8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

FROM
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=isaiah 53:8;&version=9;

I don't understand this verse (not because a jewish website had this verse to give me doubt)

What generation? Jesus did not have physical children did he?
    If Jesus was not cut off will someone be able to declare his generation?

• All these answers are great and all, but your forgetting the main reason why we believe in Jesus, and it really is simple, no other religion has this belief but Christianity. Many other religions believe in the same basic concept: There is a God we must worship him because he's all knowing and perfect. The Religion of Christianity answers all questions and gives you the LOVE of God to worship him not just knowing he's the creator and HAVING to worship him. So, Why do we believe in Jesus Christ?

1) We see the world around us that it is full of corruption and sin and death, murderers, rapists, theives etc.. These things may let you believe there is no God, because how could God allow these things, its as if he created us and left. But than you see all the beauties of the world, you meet very kind people, you see miracles on tv you look up at the sky and see the beautiful sunrise and say "There must be a God, because there is no way all these things came by luck".

2) SO now your trying to find is there really a God, and clearly from the miracles we see on tv (eg. People being surviving horrible diseases, surviving insane car accidents, babies in serious condition making it out alive and healthy), you now know that there is DEFINETLY a God and he TRULLY does love us, and if he is all knowing than maybe all the bad things happening MUST come to pass, in other words, HE KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING.

3) Now you want to know WHO is this God, so you search religion, you come across religions like buddhism, islam etc. And you see they all speak of an ALL powerful God who you must worship if you dont want to go to hell or in other religions be reincarnated as a lower species according to your bad deeds.

4) Than you come across Christianity, and you see something you havent seen before. You read about how God created us perfect and how we disobeyed his commandment and PLACED OURSELVES into this corrupt world which he warned us about. Well, that explains why the world is so corrupt today. But doesnt God love us enough to stay with us?

5) Than you read about Jesus Christ, who is God, and for our sakes left heaven and his glory to become man and be tortured and killed so that all of our sins may be washed by his holy Blood. He also left heaven and stayed on earth untill he was in his 30's to teach us how to stay close to God and away from the evil of the world, and he told us about the future (revelations), he told us to love everyone, and if we had all followed his teaching we would not have even ended up in a corrupt world thats getting worse and worse.

So why do we believe in Jesus? Simply, he is the answer to all our questions.
  • I might be close to believing in Jesus again..or maybe not

but if I do not believe in Jesus does that mean all my previous sins will not be forgiven.. the ones which I have stopped doing...?

I need prayers

• hi!

I had that problem as well some time at the beginning of my spiritual life. I cried to God for couple hours begging Him to take this feeling away. I was honest with Him and told him exactly what my thought were even the worst ones. I exposed myself to Him and told Him that I did not want those doubts. Couple days later I confessed this sin and after that doubts have not entered my mind again. I cannot say that my faith is strong but due to all the work God done in my heart I cannot say that he doesn't exist. every time I have some type of a problem ( spiritual or not) I tell as it is without hiding anything and He always heals me.

After confession I did get a message through Salomon's proverbs that may help you: be careful who you listen to! you should listen only to wise people and those are who fear the Lord and live by His commandments. Holy Spirit speaks through wise people. He will not speak through lips of a fool for it is unfit for a fool to speak truth of God.

Hope it will help! I will pray for you

• Thank you everyone who posted here. Reading this has really helped me.
  • Dear mikeforjesus,

You are in my prayers.
    I like a lot the following verses.

James 1:1-16

Greeting to the Twelve Tribes
    1 James, a bondservant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
    To the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad:
    Greetings.

Profiting from Trials
    2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

The Perspective of Rich and Poor
    9 Let the lowly brother glory in his exaltation, 10 but the rich in his humiliation, because as a flower of the field he will pass away. 11 For no sooner has the sun risen with a burning heat than it withers the grass; its flower falls, and its beautiful appearance perishes. So the rich man also will fade away in his pursuits.

Loving God Under Trials
    12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death. 16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.

Some questions occurred to me:
    When God blessed Abraham with His visit, was He riding an imperial horse or was He accompanied with a huge army carrying the most recent weapons or full of gold and decorated with diamonds and pearls?

So what was Abraham's reaction, did he think "Na... this one can't possibly be the mighty Lord of Hosts"? He did not. Abraham immediately insisted on inviting the Lord, who sat, spoke and ate with him. Did God have an expensive or luxury meal with Abraham? I am fascinated when thinking about the Lord's modesty.

mikeforjesus,
    God's people have grown to include all who believe in Him. God did not create one group of people and not the others. He chose this group and sanctified them from all mankind because of the righteousness of Abraham and for the purpose of the coming of the spotless Holy Lamb of God, the Messiah who came and washed, cleaned and renewed the corrupted nature of them and ALL the descendants of Adam: all mankind. Only the Son of God can fit to be this Holy Lamb.

We believe in God's Wisdom and unbiased Justice. So God's purpose is not to liberate only His people but to liberate all from the effect of sin: death. If so, then everybody who believe and follow Him will be His people and will be saved.

This is explained by Jesus:
    (Luke 15:25-32 the older brother of the prodigal son)
    25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

Then what group of people would come up claiming to be the only legitimate and should rule and make war with all the others?

Many people who do not want to believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God is the awaited Messiah and He already came are still waiting for Him and would be easy victims for the false Messiah (the anti Christ) and his Co who will lure many. Lord save us from them.
  • I read most of your post... Thankyou for taking the time for me :) and thankyou to all the others who tried to help..

I might be believing somewhat... there was an earthquake when Jesus was on the cross and before or after His resurrection according to the bible..wow.. but can scientists confirm that?

I might believe the bible anyway..

Still pray for me..