Arguments

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Sunday at church, Someone was talking to me about something I did that he doesn't like and he kept on judging my work without even looking at. He was going by what people have said to him, and he didn't see my work. He was even contradicting in what he said in some cases. On the other hand, Abouna is encouraging me to continue on what I'm doing, so I know I'm not doing anything wrong.

Trying to follow our teachings, I just kept silent for the most part, and when possible I tried to tell him that he is wrong. Doing so got me sooo mad, but I tried not show it to him.

Any ideas on how I should approach people like this? after all, I don't want to loose him as a friend, since we all got to show love to everyone around us. Also, how about the anger and the maddess I got!!

Comments

• [quote author=AnbaBola link=board=1;threadid=4690;start=0#msg63991 date=1164734524]
    Sunday at church, Someone was talking to me about something I did that he doesn't like and he kept on judging my work without even looking at. He was going by what people have said to him, and he didn't see my work. He was even contradicting in what he said in some cases. On the other hand, Abouna is encouraging me to continue on what I'm doing, so I know I'm not doing anything wrong.

Trying to follow our teachings, I just kept silent for the most part, and when possible I tried to tell him that he is wrong. Doing so got me sooo mad, but I tried not show it to him.

Any ideas on how I should approach people like this? after all, I don't want to loose him as a friend, since we all got to show love to everyone around us. Also, how about the anger and the maddess I got!!

well you answredp art your own question just stay in silence and wait for the right time to answer back. i don't mean in the exact minute but in any other time. also if you have support from people who you know batter and trust them to say what's right, don't worry. God will always help you to stay strong and also to keep your anger. don't ever let your anger get you. anger is not a sin but when you let it control you mind and make you do somthing that you normally wont do, that's when it is a sin. also pray very much that Christ keep you in his path to the right faith.
  • Great answer minagir.
  • Hey, well in my opinion is try as much as possible to pray about this person becasue this does really work, also try to control your emotions as much as possible. But simply if i was in your situation i will just reply to him with full respect and defend myself, there is nothing wrong with that at all, so just try to make him understand that what he is saying is not wrong and that abouna told you such and such, but again with full respect and don't hurt him even if he hurt you, try your best to just defend yourself and ideas with a complete christian way.

God be with you

Baladoos
  • the fact that abouna didnt say it was wrong, gives u the right to keep doing whatever your doing. as u did before, dont let u show that ur angry. just deal with wat the person has to say, and act like u took it into consideration. once again, if abouna said its not bad, then go ahead, and tell the ppl that abouna said it was ok. maybe that would go through thier head and make them understand its ok..
  • i agree with marmar327