David & Bethsheba

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi,
Can someone answer this for me.
David committed adultary with the wife of Uriah. So , did she sin too then?? She committed adultary with him whilst her husband was alive?
Thanks

Comments

• Well Vasilios I guess that she was forced by the king to do so, at that time no one can say anything to the king, but basically this is a question that came to my mind one day and I can't have an exact answer for it. If anyone else can answer that would be great.

Baladoos
  • Guys,
    Is Bethsheba to blame in any of this? Did she intice/lure King David into Adultary? Why didnt she also refuse?? She knew it was a sin also?!!?

Would David have killed her if she had refused?? I doubt it Hany!.

OK.. King David made the 1st move, she could have said "no" still??
  • As with martyrs, we cannot use the excuse of "i would have been killed by the king if I didn't do what he wanted". Therefore she is equally guilty.
  • I always thought its strange that bethsheba was washing herself in the open, i mean if david could see her from the balakona then she wasnt really doing her best to hide her naked body...

besides, she willfully commited adultery. There's no excuse that king David could have killed her. We all know the story of Susanna, and she refused to commit sin, even if it would mean her death. Thats a better example than bethsheba don't u think??

Yes, David is to be blamed first and foremost cause he made the first move, but that doesnt mean she didnt sin!
  • THat's good to know, as no-where in the psalms does king David criticise Bethsheba's action or put any blame on her.

Having a bath naked on a balcony was kinda naive, but - she must have known her neighbour was the King of Israel!??

Anyway, if she feared God, why didnt she refuse his advances then?? Women! Aye!

Ouuffff

Ma3lesh... the main thing is : David wouldnt have kileld her at all if she had refused him. Im 110% sure. He'd have repented.