Making Others Sin

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Are we judged if we make others sin by doing things that can be avoided anyway ? For example, the way we dress?

Please provide your answer with evidence. Thanks ;D

I think that you are judged, but I need some evidence.. For or against..

Comments

• James 4:17 "He who knows to do good and does not do it, To him it is sin"

If you know that what you may do can cause another to sin and there is a possible way to avoid that option, then follow it. But if dont, you run into the chance of making another sin.

If there is no option but to follow an action which will ultimateley make someone sin, Pray to God that they dont...

That's all i can give, i hope its as simple as that...
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=1;threadid=4666;start=0#msg63646 date=1164104567]
    Are we judged if we make others sin by doing things that can be avoided anyway ? For example, the way we dress?

Please provide your answer with evidence. Thanks ;D

I think that you are judged, but I need some evidence.. For or against..

Apparently if you are aware of someones sin and do not inform you, "Their blood is upon you".

Ezekiel 3:16-21 NKJV

16 Now it came to pass at the end of seven days that the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore hear a word from My mouth, and give them warning from Me: 18 When I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life, that same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at your hand. 19 Yet, if you warn the wicked, and he does not turn from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered your soul.
    20 “Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die; because you did not give him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he has done shall not be remembered; but his blood I will require at your hand. 21 Nevertheless if you warn the righteous man that the righteous should not sin, and he does not sin, he shall surely live because he took warning; also you will have delivered your soul.”

• making others sin is bad!

But I have a point I would like to make

The muslims women in egypt that were the "hegab" the black thing that covers them all..... get harrased on the streets by of course the men......... ( they do, I have seen it with my own eyes)..... WHY do they get harrases? eventhough you can NOT even see their finger nails...!!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=1;threadid=4666;start=0#msg63655 date=1164117142]
    The muslims women in egypt that were the "hegab" the black thing that covers them all..... get harrased on the streets by of course the men......... ( they do, I have seen it with my own eyes)..... WHY do they get harrases? eventhough you can NOT even see their finger nails...!!

bentBABAyasooa, there are a whole SLEW of reasons why there is scarce a female that has not been sexually harrassed in the streets of Egypt, the main reason being that the culture and accepted conduct is based upon a faith that does not promote love or respect, primarily towards the women. What do u expect from a people whos religion tells them that when the dudes get to "al gana", there is going to be 40 or 60 or 90 or what have u chicas waitin for them? (number varies depending on the shiekh that is peddling his wares.. not quite sure what the actual number is in surat el gamoosa)
    Then there is the fact that women are viewed as possessions/slaves/servile or what have u. Of course this is not the absolute, I am quite sure that there are Muslims that respect there wives in Egypt, but for the most part, there is the attitude that the women are there for the pleasure of the men, therefore it is acceptable to beat them, forcefully cover them up, aakishom fi sharaa, etc. The males are not brought up with the attitude of "what if this was my mother or sister that I am treating in this manner....in many cases they even treat there mothers and sisters direspectfully, because of the fact that they are viewed in a position of servitude. Then there is the problem that they are so held down by the culture, the fact that women are covered from head to toe, the fantasy factor is incredibly out of control. Therefore, when they see a woman's ankle/wrist/elbow, etc. they lose their minds. Bottom line, they lack the teachings of pure love taught to us by our Saviour Jesus Christ, and u cannot learn to respect and love others if u cant respect yourself.
  • Can we say that the wife of Uriah who was taking a bath in her home made David sin?? or did David have a problem with "looking"??

She was taking a bath. David saw her. Rather than turn his head and clothe her with the purity of his heart.. the bible says: "He Looked".

Then before u know it, he's already planned the execution of her husband!

So, David had a problem there with looking.
    ALl the bible says was :"He looked". It means that , there was something in his look.

We could all put the blame on Uriah's wife, and say that she shouldnt have been born, and she shouldnt have had a bath, and she should be content with being unclean and not showering; but David is honest enough in himself, to admit the truth about what's in his heart concerning this sin in Psalm 50/51.

Nowhere does he place the blame of his sin on Uriah's wife. He accepts responsibility fully for what's in his heart that led him to pursue such folly leading to adultary and murder.

• i think i see where hizz child is coming from, i was told before of a verse in the bible, ill have to look it up but basically it states that its 50/50, not only is the looker at fault but so is the person being looked out for creating the lust

but we need to be realistic, lust is everywhere ie tv, and its the individual's responsibilty to resist the temptation and repent if fallen into lust, but we need to also take care not to create lust

Mark 7:21-23: "for from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulterous............an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man"
  • Well I personally think (i might be wrong ofcourse) that it's a 50/50 resposibility, for example if a girl dresses inaproperiate and a guy falls in lust for her, then that means that both the guy and the girl will be judged, the reason for this is the girl was supposed to take care not to make others sin or at least give the devil the chance to tempt others by her, and for the guy because he was not pure in his looks and he looked at her with a bad look, rahter he should have looked at her and covered her with his pure heart. Now don't get mixed up with another situation where for example there is a girl that god created very pretty and she dresses in a christian way, BTW this doesn't mean that Girls are supposed to look bad and don't do their hairs and nails and look ugly, ofcourse i don't mean that at all (I hope everyone gets me aye), but a guy looks at her and lusts, in this occasion she is not going to be judged, only the guy is going to be judged for his bad thoughts. So yea I hope I made easier to understand. But remember always what our lord jesus christ said (I can't remember the verse really well in english but it sort of says: owe to those that temptations come from, it is better for him/her to put a rock on his/her nick and been thrown inside the sea.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=1;threadid=4666;start=0#msg63665 date=1164132136]
    Can we say that the wife of Uriah who was taking a bath in her home made David sin?? or did David have a problem with "looking"??

She was taking a bath. David saw her. Rather than turn his head and clothe her with the purity of his heart.. the bible says: "He Looked".

Then before u know it, he's already planned the execution of her husband!

So, David had a problem there with looking.
    ALl the bible says was :"He looked". It means that , there was something in his look.

We could all put the blame on Uriah's wife, and say that she shouldnt have been born, and she shouldnt have had a bath, and she should be content with being unclean and not showering; but David is honest enough in himself, to admit the truth about what's in his heart concerning this sin in Psalm 50/51.

Nowhere does he place the blame of his sin on Uriah's wife. He accepts responsibility fully for what's in his heart that led him to pursue such folly leading to adultary and murder.

Uriah's wife was taking a shower, she did not go naked in public. If you read the initial question carefully you would realise that I said something that can be avoided.. A shower in a private bathroom is not one of those things.