Forgiveness

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi,
When we forgive, are we meant to forget? Isnt that a bit naive?

Let's say if someone hurts me, and i forgive them. I pardon them for what they've done. I treat them as if they havent done anything. But, can i publish what they've done to me on the internet???

I mean.. i'd love to share with u the stuff that happened with me. Absolutely bind-boggling things...

Comments

• Vasillous,

Forgiveness is hard, and it takes time to really forgive someone that has deeply wounded you. Forgetting what that individual did is naïve since we as humans tend to remember the negative feelings and ironically we forget the good times we had with that person. However, if you do not try to forget then you will just keep resurrecting the negative and hurtful feelings and you wont be able to move on. Which is why we are taught to forgive AND forget.

I don’t think that if you publicly write what this certain individual has done to you then you will be forgetting, it will actually be a constant reminder that this person wronged you. And you will have individuals who reply validating that this certain individual has in fact wronged you. Also if this person ever happened to run across this specific thread then more tension will rise, and if he/she is a lawyer then they can sue you for defaming their honorable name. :P

My advice is to just talk to a friend and vent to them about the situation.

In His Name
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4664;start=0#msg63614 date=1164063114]
    Many thanks for the response, but it occured to me if someone published all my sins on the internet??

I think it depends on your (and I'm speaking generally here) intentions.

Some people might feel the need to tell the whole world about how bad people have been to them in the past because they haven't actually gotten over it.

Others might want to publish something in order to help someone in a similar situation.

The first one is bad, the second one is ok (as long as no names, etc. are mentioned of course).
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4664;start=0#msg63779 date=1164309300]
    i think it gives glory to God

r u serious? you think it gives glory to God by publishing any material whether movie or book about people's sins, we repent for a reason,we learn from them and move on.

its incredibily hard to forget, but i find men forget quicker than women, thats just my observation. and as you say with God ANYTHING is possible.

• whats wrong with writing a book about what ppl have done to you? like an autobiography. And as much as you try to forget ...its impossible. forgive all you want, but (at least i) have found it impossible to forget. and if your over it, and try to make a book or w/e for a good reason..i dont see a problem?
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=10;threadid=4664;start=0#msg63813 date=1164389635]
    (an Indian movie!)..

u n ur racist comments.. gees.. unbelievable... well there is a book out there for a reason not talkin bout tht but its based on forgiveness.. its called 'Rachel's Tears' if use can get ur hands on it its such a gr8 read.. but to write bout silly incidents i dun think thts tht necessary.. u need big stuff happening

GB ALL
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=10;threadid=4664;start=0#msg64087 date=1164846619]
    whats wrong with writing a book about what ppl have done to you? like an autobiography. And as much as you try to forget ...its impossible. forgive all you want, but (at least i) have found it impossible to forget. and if your over it, and try to make a book or w/e for a good reason..i dont see a problem?

you know if anyone else said they would write a book about the harmful and unforgettable stuff people have done to them i wouldnt be worried but vassilios worries me lol

anyways, i belive verbal discussion of scenarios is better, gives an opportunity to discuss and learn

i personally dont see the benefit of writing a book about your life, im certina there are a number of other ways of coping and yes i know vas you were exaggerting

hey look i have an idea, how about you guys keep a journal and the publish it one day, now that will sell for sure