Does our Church believe in levels of or in hell?

edited November 2006 in Faith Issues
would unrepentant mass murderers go to a very bad level if so?

Comments

• i dont think there are levels for hell
    interesting question though
  • Really i disagree, I remember getting told sometym that there are levels in heaven ie. GOD then St. Mary, then the martyrs, monks, popes to the ppl that just made it thru. I dont know which order it goes.

And also i remember getting told that there are levels in Hell for example if a monk turns evil his punishment would be worse then a person who grew up without the knowledge of GOD.

i mite be wrong so correct me if u need to.
  • sorry my bad, but your right drumaboy there is diff levels in heaven

im not sure about hell though, it's interesting, ive never thought about it before, do you know any references or sources??
  • answer to your question: no idea.

(there are levels of heaven though)
  • very interesting question... i am not even sure of the levels in heaven concept, although I have heard reference made to it.. any input that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated on this matter as I was wondering about the whole levels thing myself lately. My particular question is in the sermon on the mount:

3 "Blessed are the poor in spirit,

For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are those who mourn,

For they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek,

For they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

For they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful,

For they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart,

For they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers,

For they shall be called sons of God.

10 Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake,

For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

are ony some people going to heaven while others will actually stay behind on earth and this will be their "heaven" or reward? and in Heaven, are their going to be caste systems per se?
    19 Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.in Heaven, will there actually be people who are noted as the Sons of God while others are known as "least" or what have u? Sorry if this is an ignorant question, I really have no idea of the answer to this, nor have I ever heard it discussed. The only thing that I have heard mention to is that there is an order to the greatness of the Saints and Angels, if I phrased it correctly. Again, any input would be greatly appreciated.
    God Bless and forgive me brethren for my sins and lack of knowledge
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4660;start=0#msg63550 date=1164015741]

yes our church believes in levels in heaven and hall. like it's mentioned first in the gospels about Judas going to the lowest level in hall also the rich man in the parable of Lazuras.
    In heaven, you have heavenly, and mysters, saints, prophets, and so on.
  • Yep i second that, and also St.Paul rose to the 3rd heaven
  • if anyone knows details on this subject, or where i could find a publication/sermon, etc. on it, I would greatly appreciate it. :)
  • no ideasssss?? OK, let me know.
    God Bless.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4660;start=0#msg63550 date=1164015741]

i found a great part of a sermon for H.G.Bishop Youannis about this.
    Here is the link: (at around 22:00)

Our very short days, affects, our Very Long Eternity
  • Was Judas that bad that he has went or will go to the LOWEST hell?

Will not Satan go to the lowest hell? same as Judas? should not satan suffer more?

minagir we need a username and password for that sermon.. would it be illegal or a sin for you to give them to us if you know them? do you have to get permission?
  • theusername and password are written right at the top of the homepage of Copticnet for all to see and use, so No, it's not a sin or illegal.
  • Hey folks, I am still wondering about the subject if anyone has any ideas. If there are any known references of the whole order in heaven and hell, rankings, placement, caste system etc.... please check out my first reply in this post if u dont know what I am reffering to. Thanks in advance. God Bless to all.
  • [quote author=mikeforjesus link=board=1;threadid=4660;start=0#msg63750 date=1164274925]
    Was Judas that bad that he has went or will go to the LOWEST hell?

Well he patreied the Eternal Son of God, what else can you do bad on this earth.

Will not Satan go to the lowest hell? same as Judas? should not satan suffer more?

Satan is the King of all of hell. Also Satan right now is in fact suffering because he is in fact tied and caged by our God. but one day he will be loose and than we'll see his wrath on earth (accoring to the book of Zechariah)

minagir we need a username and password for that sermon.. would it be illegal or a sin for you to give them to us if you know them? do you have to get permission?

Username: www.copticnet.com
    Password: copticnet