good deeds..

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
someone made a similar post.. but its not very specific (?) to what I want and I can not find it now.. I did not look long for the post either..

FROM
http://www.beliefnet.com/story/80/story_8033_1.html

"Those whose faith in Christ was lacking or corrupt, or sinned after baptism without repentance before death, or didn't do good deeds will find unhappiness after death. Those whose only transgression was not performing good deeds may be punished temporarily."

"Those whose only transgression was not performing good deeds may be punished temporarily"

Thats what that site (?) thinks Eastern Orthodox believe.. is that what we Oriental Orthodox believe too?

temporary punishment?

Comments

• Maybe this post should be moved to personal issues..

brothers and sisters since good deeds are necessary for salvation I may be falling into despair of my salvation..
    I feel unable to do much good... how much good deeds are necessary for salvation?

I have been diagnosed before with depression and I think this affects my ability to work..
  • umm as much as you can ? i dont know answers to the questions above though.. anyone ?
  • Definetly not........the orthodox churches as a whole reject this notion of purgatory.

Our test is here on earth and that is it.....there is no such thing as temporary punishment!!!!

Dont worry about judgement day for that will worry bout itself. worry about your life on earth 2day........try and do all that is good and stay away from wat is bad.

salvation isnt meant 2 be depressing ......... it is comforting to know that our lord and Saviour Jesus Christ gave us this opportunity to have eternal life.

As the bible says "Dont worry about 2morrow 4 2morrow will worry bout itself". Think Positively, Live Positively and Let god do the rest.

• I feel unable to do much good... how much good deeds are necessary for salvation?

that is something for God to decide and remember that God is just! ill try to find the reference in the Bible about deeds and judgments then ill post it here (i think its in Corinthians - but ill look it up).

im not saying that deeds are unecassary for a ticket to heaven - cause they are but ill get more details b4 i go any further!

Kristina123