laminations of jermia

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hi everyone,
does any one have a recording for the laminations of jermia prayed on great friday.i`m looking for an arabic recording.i know it is very hard to find buy i `m just trying my luck.
thx in advance :)

Comments

• http://coptichymns.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloadable&file=index&q=f&f=/Holy_Pascha_and_Bright_Saturday/3_Good_Friday

just scroll down and there will be alot some in english and some in arabic

when i find the one i really like i'll give you the link but i cant find it for some reason

• While we are on the topic, I want to ask:

Is it only supposed to be sung by the priest on the Good Friday, or any deacon can sing it?
  • [quote author=His son link=board=2;threadid=4501;start=0#msg62070 date=1160706276]
    While we are on the topic, I want to ask:

Is it only supposed to be sung by the priest on the Good Friday, or any deacon can sing it?

people it's just a prophacy so anyone can pray it. but mostly it's the priest because the whole thing speaks as it is Christ talking so the priest is the closest to our Lord.
  • this is one of my favorit e recordings of it by Fr. Mattias Nasr Mankorious
    its on this link towards the botm enjoy! http://coptichymns.org/module-hymns-catview-pid-25.html
    its titled in coptic tohugh but it says the aobuans name ont he botomn
  • thx guys,these recordings are awesome.GBU all

:D :D :D
  • these are all really awesome recording but they are all slight different because they are all live recodings. my mualim at my church heard most of them and said they werent exact does anyone have a recording by ibrahim ayad cause that would be awesome thanks in advance
  • [quote author=Christforlife7 link=board=2;threadid=4501;start=0#msg62177 date=1161046488]
    these are all really awesome recording but they are all slight different because they are all live recodings. my mualim at my church heard most of them and said they werent exact does anyone have a recording by ibrahim ayad cause that would be awesome thanks in advance

i don't think he have a recording because like i said, it's a normal prophcy and there is no exact way. also live it would be rare to record for him because on Good Friday in the cathedral there would be enough # of priests to say it.
  • oo yea i understadn its a reading and everything i jsut weanted to kno if he ever just recorded it not live but u kno he has a lot of tapes on all the seasons and i wanted to kno if he recorded one with the lamentations on it GBU
  • prety sure the one by aboun matias is acurate ...he does alot of the hic recordings and also u can hear the muhalem in the backround fo the recording singin along if he hear carefully lol