Can devils sing spiritual songs? other

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
The Fourteenth Day of the Blessed Month of Tute....

St Agathon the Stylite..

if you read from that you will come across that devils appeared to this saint in the form of Angels singing sweet songs..

maybe spiritual songs?

Can devils sing spiritual songs?

And can devils enter churches? there are crosses in churches.. are not devils afraid of them? how come devils can tempt us when we are in church and when we wear a cross?

Comments

• hmm.. well its known that devils appear as saints to keep people distracted n stuff.. there was one incident i heard about [correct me if im wrong] where satan appeared in the form of St Mary at a church during communion so that people would stay away from the Holy Body & Blood of Christ..

this info is veryy unreliable.. iits just something i picked up in a conversation.. please feel free to make adjustments :)
  • devils are scary
    lol
  • devils will do anything to get u away from god,
    it might come to u in a someone u lost!
    angels,
    saints,
    whatever comes to ur mind
    but the only way to know if they are true or not is........
    do the cross on them a couple of times!!!
    if they were fake ............. they will burn,
    if not they will stay!!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • why a couple of times and not just once?
  • [quote author=JesusisKingofKings link=board=1;threadid=4463;start=0#msg61783 date=1160132884]
    why a couple of times and not just once?

have u watched el kedesa marena! when the devil appeared to her and she did the cross a couple of times and it went away! cuz the 1st time she did it was just screaming from fear!

bentBABAyasooa`
  • devils can appear in any form..but the only way you can identify them, if they are saints am pretty sure they will be either wearing a cross or holding one..if not they they are fake! and if the devil just distracts you with any thoughts am sure u know whats right and whats wrong..just do the sign of the cross..plz pray for me cuz am really sick!

GBU
    sandra
  • ummmmm so since when do we see saints? im confused...well i do agree with "devils are scary" though..lol....and well anyone/anything can sing spirtual songs...i think...they dont have to mean it....well idk if that made any sense though
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=board=1;threadid=4463;start=0#msg61841 date=1160253034]
    ummmmm so since when do we see saints? im confused...well i do agree with "devils are scary" though..lol....and well anyone/anything can sing spirtual songs...i think...they dont have to mean it....well idk if that made any sense though

I know what you mean.Most likely when the devils are singing they're acting it out. They can say it but they definetly don't mean what they're saying - in other words they dont believe in it.
  • The only reason i think they would appear is to make the saint/person feel proud... I dont think we have to worry about devils appearing to us though, since they are doin a pretty good job, just tempting us in the regular way
  • JesusisKingofKings,
    Our father Avva Antony in the wilderness had a devil appear to him in the form of an angel and asked him to pray with him. The devil will not appear to you and tell you to do something wrong right away, because you will not listen to him (the devil is not stupid). In the case of our father Avva Antony, the devil started capturing his attention by asking him to pray with him. Prayer is not a bad thing just as spiritual songs are not as well. However, the intention was to lure our father with something that he is used to and knows is good and then to gradually lead him to do something bad. I really love how our father answered the "angel". He thought to himself: "I pray all day, God would not send me an angel to tell me to pray." So he asked the angel this question and he fled from him. The devil will first appear to us as something good, be it prayer or spiritual songs but his future intentions is to lure us to do wrong.

Avvaantoni