Oprah & Dr. Phil

edited December 2010 in Random Issues

Comments

• I know for a fact that friends is not a good show because of its bad scenes and stuff

but I cant say about oprah or d phil cuz i never whatch them
  • basicly they are not orthodox chrastains. also am not saying that they are wrong, but they don't do everything right. so somtimes they do or say stuff against our beleifes.
  • I have always wondered what response Oprah or Dr. Phil would give to the following question; Are you searching for any morality or are you searching for the ultimate Origin from which all morality derives itself from? It is true that such shows hold essential moralistic values in their belief systems. However, secularist, agnostic, and atheistic infrastructures alike, all hold moralistic values within their world beliefs. Morality runs through the threads of almost every world belief in exisitance.....yet, true life only runs through the threads of the Christian world belief.
    If your goal is to obtain moralistic values, then Oprah or Dr Phil can do you justice. If your goal is to find that which from which all morality ensues, then only our Lord Jesus Christ can do you justice. For He is not a moral God, per say, but is the very consumation of all morality--the absolute source of eternal life in which morality is imbeded in. The only essential question that remains is this: what precisley is your goal and is it a goal that will ultimatley satisfy the cravings of your spirit?

God Bless you
  • lol...I don't know why but while I was reading your post, I was going to ask if you are a psych major and you just answered that. I watch both too, but Dr. Phil more and just because I really like what he talks about, even thou I am not a psych major, I like the situations that he brings up and his answers about them...which in the most part, I find them true. Oprah..hmm...there is nothing with her, just that some of the shows she does aren't really that intersting and she brings more of the news kind of talks than personal problems or experiences.
    People don't idolize Oprah as a God, they just like the fact that she is out there and she is rich and she helps out. I remember that trip she had to Africa, where she had something for the kids...that was very emotional...and I mean not many people think of others and help them like that...so that's a positive thing right there.

basicly they are not orthodox chrastains. also am not saying that they are wrong, but they don't do everything right. so somtimes they do or say stuff against our beleifes.

Guys, being a coptic christian doesn't have to further us away from the reality of things, we are still human beings, we still interact with every kind of human beings, so there is no harm done when listening to them or listening to what they have to say about certain problems and such.
  • Dr. Phil is the greatest 8)
  • I like watching Oprah. specially the episodes for oprah's fav things...when she gives away like a million things to people. I don't think there is anything wrong with watching oprah cuz she really helps out ppl through her show. As for Dr.Phil...he's old..dont really watch his show
  • I like oprah. i think she is educational. she warns u about pedefires and she has good dieting tips a.NYWAY, SHE IS NOT BAD
    MY MOM HATES dr. phil...i personally like it
  • I would say all shows like Dr. Phil and Oprah are generally bad. Not always - it depends on the episode - but overall its not good for Christians to watch.

All the shows are about worldly problems, and the "help" these people are given is equally worldly. Again, that's not always true; but most of the time it is.
  • [quote author=christiangrlforevr link=board=11;threadid=3478;start=15#msg61392 date=1159495096]
    I like oprah. i think she is educational. she warns u about pedefires and she has good dieting tips a.NYWAY, SHE IS NOT BAD
    MY MOM HATES dr. phil...i personally like it

sara-hate? mama pratically starts yellin as loud as possible to u lollll
  • i think that dr.phila and oprah are both the same

they re not bad people, they are much better than many other people in this world

however,they are not orthodox christiians, which means that they can believe in things that are wrong like dating for example, which may seem ok to them if its safe with soemone u know.

However, we are orthodox christians that believe that dating is ok after a certain age if you are planning to marry this person.

Some issues that they talk about has the same views as the church, but other issues may be the opposite of the church views, so while watching these shows, you must watch out that what you are watching wont affect your spiritual life with god.

I think that this genearlly goes with all shows, not only oprah and dr phil
  • umm... ok i love DR.PHIL! he rocks my world lol ok not to that extend... but i think that he deals with life issues in a good wholesom way... i learn a lot from that show... opera sometimes sways away with her gay and lesbian views but its mostly clean entertainment... i mean... look! theres much worse out there we could be watching.. if an issue comes up and u disagree with the views being put across then fine change the channel or something...

its not like you live and breath every word they say... if u do then theres an issue! but honestly i think Dr Phil really has gr8 values for chrisitians to follow and he teaches us how to deal with particular situations in life (like naughty kids or soemthing)
    take it as pyschological advice...