the silent monk

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey how ya doin guys

I watched Fr.Youstos' (the silent monk) movie the other day and i realy loved it, but i was wonderin if there was any other books about him or his miracles. If you know of any, please list em....i recomend watchin his life story if you havent yet.
God Bless

Comments

• ooooh...is he the monk thats always asking "el sa3a kam?" (what time is it?)
  • where can i see his movie on-line???

• onlinei dont think thereis..but ur local churchmaktaba will be sure to have it!!

lol i knoiw people that always cry to it..i liked it...
  • yea i watched the movie too, great movie :)
    i have an arabic book about him its called "el faylasoof el samet" it has his life story and some miracles in the end
  • His name is Abouna Yostos el Antoni...rigght? cuz he stayed in St. Anthony's monastary??
  • lol, yea his always the one askin 'el sa3a kaam'. i dont know if there is much info about him either on the net or books.
  • wow, this movie makes me cry and i love the 3 songs in it

you can see it on here:

www.copticnet.com

when it asks you for the username n password type the ones in red at the top of the web page

the movies are in (Videos) on your left hand side

enjoooooyyyy

yes he's the one who said el sa3a kam and he first stayed in St. paul's monastery for like a year i think then he went to st anthony's and stayed there for the rest of his life

may his blessings be with us all

watch it by all means it is soooo nice it's worth downloading!!
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=11;threadid=4420;start=0#msg61013 date=1158687038]
    wow, this movie makes me cry and i love the 3 songs in it

you can see it on here:

www.copticnet.com

when it asks you for the username n password type the ones in red at the top of the web page

the movies are in (Videos) on your left hand side

enjoooooyyyy

yes he's the one who said el sa3a kam and he first stayed in St. paul's monastery for like a year i think then he went to st anthony's and stayed there for the rest of his life

may his blessings be with us all

watch it by all means it is soooo nice it's worth downloading!!

Very nice link mnc_hnn. Does anybody know how to download it to the computer?
  • it says in the website, right click on the name and choose

'save target as' dont worry it takes about 15mins to download each part cos it's a large video file but then extract it because it's a compressed file!

the movie is worth it!!!!! trust me, it's translated as well at the bottom
  • mnc_hnn,

Where is the link to the movie? Is the page (where the link is) in Arabic? And is it on the Videos section of the site or the Google Video site? Also, where on Copticnet.com does it say to log in? Everytime I right click on the arabic writing link to "save target as", it says I am saving it as an html file (an internet link icon).

Your help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. I cannot read arabic so it would be helpful if you can walk me through it.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • ahh ok

click on this:

http://copticnet.com/Video.htm

the first video is the silent monk, click on the blue phrases not the bold black

these ones: ÇáÌÒÁ ÇáÇæá ÇáÌÒÁ ÇáËÇäì

on each one, right click and save target as, when it asks u for username password write those ones

Username: www.copticnet.com

Password: copticnet

try to click on each part ONCE and wait it doen't come that quick

sorry if i cant explain anything
  • [quote author=Maryann07 link=board=11;threadid=4420;start=#msg60933 date=1158539203]
    ooooh...is he the monk thats always asking "el sa3a kam?" (what time is it?)
    abouna yostos is totally awsome
  • thanx mnc_hnn for that site

:)

God Bless you!

How come the Father Youstos did not have to pay for a train ticket?

does he not have to obey the law?

• hr gave ALL THE MONEY he was given in the monastery to that woman who was begging, he obeyed 'give to he who asks u' so god didnt leave him

btw do u understand arabic? cos not everything is translated to english....
  • I only know a bit of arabic..
  • well no probs, Fr youstos was given £20 and even though fr youstos said why would i need it, the abbot said 'ma3lish khaleeha ma3ak hatehtagha' - keep it you'll need it..

so that woman comes and asks him for money 'as a street begger' and he gives her half the money

then she comes again and asks him, so he gave her ALL THE REST OF IT

so he didn't turn back him who asked from him
  • ok... maybe that was in english too..

you don't have to reply

thanks anyway..
  • i love that film :D
  • [quote author=habib-el-rab link=board=11;threadid=4420;start=0#msg60944 date=1158546243]
    lol, yea his always the one askin 'el sa3a kaam'.

and his other famous quote 'noshkor Rabena' ;) the movie is such a fantastic movie.. gotta c it its awesome.. :)

+FROG+
  • and his other famous quote 'noshkor Rabena'

noshkor alla
  • [quote author=habib-el-rab link=topic=4420.msg60932#msg60932 date=1158538788]
    hey how ya doin guys

I watched Fr.Youstos' (the silent monk) movie the other day and i realy loved it, but i was wonderin if there was any other books about him or his miracles. If you know of any, please list em....i recomend watchin his life story if you havent yet.
    God Bless  
  • im watrchintg this right now, i love the part where he grabs the man by the tie and tells him to repent...thzt was amazing!!

i hope i am good as him when i grow up {but idont think im going to be : ( }

pp4m

EgY
  • ok so i figured out another way i think its a bit easier than getting it from the site,

ok well go to google videos

then search abouna youstos and it gives parts one and two

so yea someone correct me if it doesnt work
  • are there any books about him in english?
  • please he seems really interesting, and if anybody knows of a website where I can view his movie online, that would be great as well!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Dear Coptic Servent,

please he seems really interesting, and if anybody knows of a website where I can view his movie online

this is the original site (for online streaming only, in web quality):
    Copticnet (Traneem-org) video page

this is another link by the above site (few links on the page need updating)
    Abouna Youstos Part 1
    subtitled in English; you'll also find Part 2 there

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=4420.msg82821#msg82821 date=1203845119]
    Dear Coptic Servent,

please he seems really interesting, and if anybody knows of a website where I can view his movie online

this is the original site (for online streaming only, in web quality):
    Copticnet (Traneem-org) video page

this is another link by the above site (few links on the page need updating)
    Abouna Youstos Part 1
    subtitled in English; you'll also find Part 2 there

GBU

The second url is amazing, I love it so much, so far anyways, thanks so much John_S2000, but didn't the main character of Abouna Youstos play the role of Anba Freig??

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Bes mes salib, "Noshkor Alla" "Es saya kam delwaiti?" I love those two, it never gets old, what a marvelous saint he his, and his best friend the abbot, Fr. Beskherion, but he's amazing, it's like they are brothers, and when Abouna Abdel Messieh came to visit him and said to him that he misses his silence, and when abbot Fr. Beskherion asked him if he was searching for something while he was doing his 400 some matanias and then Abouna Youstos just was being his humble self and he kept on going once his abbot friend left, I just thought of Abouna Abdel Messieh at that point in time, I mean they are both humble, and very simple and incredibly holy!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • what i don't understand is that why would abona kick him out when he rang the bell??? he said the rope riped but he still asked him to leave the monestary?!!! why??  ???
  • He was probably testing his faith and his purity, and humbleness and how much respect he has for other monks!!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent