Clothes

Comments

• [quote author=mtm link=board=1;threadid=414;start=15#msg6069 date=1089093789]
    no matter what u wear around guys, they're still gonna look and think the same thoughts

no we are not. A girl wearing nxt to nothing does not make me think, hmm, I wonder if she'll go to Church with me..
  • So true, Thoma...

;D

Mike
  • i'm not sure i know many guys that will think that about any girl ever....but hey! u never know
  • ::) bah if the persons hot, they're hot... no amount of clothing will stop someone who wants to look from looking.. we all look... no doubt... athough soemtimes women do tempt men more then they should... and sometimes its not even worth looking at.. bottom line...

clothes are made to be taken off... im just kidding.. really though... clothes tell alot about a person... just u have to decide what u want it to say about urslef...

ASM
  • ASM lol whats wrong baba, ur comment about clothes was out of line, look Dave Chapelle says it best when he says:

"Imagine im walkin on the street dressed like a cop, a person comes running up to me and says OFFICER OFFICER WE NEED UR HELP and then i go 'just cause im dressed this way doesn't mean i have to help' "

Girls have the same mentality they think they can dress ANY WAY they want to, then wen people (mostly guys) start to make assumptions they get offended and ask why theyre looked at the way theyre looked at, i personally think all girls are hayawanat theyre just smart about it, they know what theyre doing
    heres 2 things: all girls hate on each other, and all girls love attention, unless theyre into church and occupied with God but even then theyre eve mentality kicks in and theyll accept attention from anything even if its a talking snake

thats my couple cents for the night
    mah salama
    stay brown
  • [quote author=egytony link=board=1;threadid=414;start=30#msg6086 date=1089096813]
    ASM lol whats wrong baba, ur comment about clothes was out of line, look Dave Chapelle says it best when he says:

"Imagine im walkin on the street dressed like a cop, a person comes running up to me and says OFFICER OFFICER WE NEED UR HELP and then i go 'just cause im dressed this way doesn't mean i have to help' "

Girls have the same mentality they think they can dress ANY WAY they want to, then wen people (mostly guys) start to make assumptions they get offended and ask why theyre looked at the way theyre looked at, i personally think all girls are hayawanat theyre just smart about it, they know what theyre doing
    heres 2 things: all girls hate on each other, and all girls love attention, unless theyre into church and occupied with God but even then theyre eve mentality kicks in and theyll accept attention from anything even if its a talking snake

thats my couple cents for the night
    mah salama
    stay brown

OH YEAH! It was Chappelle, not Chris Rock..., thanks for the memory refreshment.
  • Hey,

When i took psychology, I learned that the person's appearance is what catches everyone's attention... primarily what you wear, your hair, and secondarily, your manner of dealing with people around you (mainly speaking - tone)...

Clothes are a very important aspect of someone's growth.. you go from childhood where your parents dressed you to adolescents where you follow the crowd to adulthood, where you maintain a constant personality (not all the tiem mature)... and clothes are definitely one aspect that describe your personality..

it's out human nature to label people based on appearance... because no one can always talk to everyone they see, so they make decisions about a person by lookin at them.. (someitmes correct assumptions , other times completely wrong).. u never know..

however theres always a reason why someone dresses provocotively (im not sure if i spelled that right).. and there r many.. to attract attention, to be a sexual object, or to be considered "normal" or to fit in society..

These are people of the world.. they only care to fit in and such.. and we should pray for them so that God may have mercy on them and show them the rigth path rather than for us to judge them...

Moreover, someone can wear what ever they wish because of this sense of freedom which we all have.. but again, some modesty is required.. regardless your background (canadian/american/egyptian/hindi/european..w.e. u r.. it doesnt matter).. cuz man is man wherever you are.. and God created all of us in His own image.. which is WOW!.. can you guys believe our God is one who gave us His OWN image?!! Have you ever heard of any God who did that?! I know i havent! We must be REALLY special to be created in a God's image.. This must mean somehtign to us.. we cant just take this lightly guys.. God is Holy.. God is sacred.. we have to keep our bodies sacred and holy too.. because how can you upset an all powerful God who is capable of ANYTHING?! it is our duty to keep our appearances and bodies especially holy and sacred.. your body should ONLY serve as the temple of God..

have you ever thought of the communion u take every sunday? It's God.. you're takin in God into your body.. We become one with God.. this always amazes me.. how a God allows us to partake of His Holy and Precious Body.. The Body that died for you.. Jesus did not do any sin.. but he accepted death on our behalf.. because God loves us so much.. He does nto want us to suffer.. and so He sent his Son.. can you imagine a father today sending his son to die instead of a friend or someone else? i cant.. a Son is like the most precious thing to a father.. it would be harsh indeed..

anyways thats a bit of topic..
    what I'm tryin to say is that Plz keep your body Holy because God gave it to you to praise Him only and not for this world.. this world will pass away .. everythign will turn into dust.. Your body is like a temporary place holder for your soul which will be joined in heaven inthe Second coming..

I see so many things in church.. which saddens me.. A girl who wears a tight shirt .. and revealing too .. and wears on it a sweater or somehtign baggy on top when she leaves home and then at church she takes it off.. what kind of message is she tryin to give? tell me... she doesnt care for her body.. and the fact shes wearign a baggy shirt on top when she leaves home OBVIOUSLY tells you that shes doing somehitgn wrong! come on ppl wake up!

cant u see it?? :'(

this is what saddens me SO much.. and I cant say anythign to a girl like that because It will show I am angry and then a whole argument will rise between us.. its so shameful because a girl liek that should know already .. no one should tell her..

Btw, one thing that I disagree with is I think someoen said that girls who are into like church and occupied with spiritual things.. they dont care about their looks and such.. I disagree..
    Of course, everyone is concerned for their looks.. and how others perceive them.. They dress moderately yes.. and they get concerned if they are wearing anythign inappropriate .. they become paranoid.. because today in western society.. girls fashions are just disturbing.. personally i try to buy the least revealing clothes.. which are very hard to find.. and i am always concerned about it..

and another thing is.. sometimes a girl would be very spiritual yet.. dresses inappropriately often for some other reason.. (perhaps to keep someone's attention a guy perhaps.. I have seen it all).. what we can do is only pray for them.. because if they act and seem liek a good person around you.. and they dress as such then.. there must be other reasons.. because its not logical.. theyr worshipping TWO things.. God and the other thing could be (attention/guy/love/etc.. )

This is such a sensitive topic because it most revolves around teens..
    forgive me when i offended anyone..

• what are tank tops?
    r they the same as tube tops,
    and wiv the whole shorts ordeal, we talkin bout guys wearin shorts or girls wearin shorts?
    n r we talkin bout wearin them to church cause thatsa whole different ball park??
    im sorry for all the questions, u americans make me fell dumb ???
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=414;start=30#msg6439 date=1089347412]
    what are tank tops?
    r they the same as tube tops,
    and wiv the whole shorts ordeal, we talkin bout guys wearin shorts or girls wearin shorts?
    n r we talkin bout wearin them to church cause thatsa whole different ball park??
    im sorry for all the questions, u americans make me fell dumb ???

Tube tops dont have straps.... tank tops have straps... sometimes one mostly 2. most of this is gurls wearing shorts, and just in general. at church and everywhere else!

ASM
  • well im a girl n i would neva go around wearing short shorts or a tank top.
    why would any1 wanna walk around half naked and i would imagine that it would be uncomfortable to wear short shorts or a tank top all day long .
    And wearing them 2 church is like a totally diff story!!

God Bless
  • well I mean, it all depends on ur inside,

eg. this is kinda WAY too much but in the Annual Convention all the guys are in one building, and some of them like just wearing boxers and sleeping with boxers and some with a fanela and a boxer, and they walk around like that too, I myself I walk around with any kinda shorts or shirt and sleep with proper wear coz even sometimes when ur naked the devil attacks u, and sometimes ppl are just used to it...I just don't like it and it's very uncomfortable, some ppl might think I'm nuts but then again...

You can't judge a book by it's cover...

Mike
  • [quote author=egytony link=board=1;threadid=414;start=30#msg6086 date=1089096813]

i personally think all girls are hayawanat theyre just smart about it, they know what theyre doing

WOW, SO not true! I'm a girl. I'm not a haywana, I don't hate on other girls, and I absolutely HATE attention. LOL, I should be offended, but I find this oddly funny. Crazy kids. Hehehe. Well, good night everybody. Yalla, beace out!
  • Hey, well i think that girls dont necessarily admit it straight out.... and may not see it straight on either...

but tony, i know what u mean, and yes it is true what u said about girls... and yes i have seen it in my church plenty of times as a joke and as serious as well...

• but tony dont say girls are animals.. be more of a gentleman :)

after all we were made from adam ;)

GB

your sister in Christ

unconditional_love
  • take a chill pill guys, hey hey, I'm the animal, evey1's a human..

after all I like being an animal...

Mike
  • [quote author=marmoora-barboora link=board=1;threadid=414;start=30#msg6452 date=1089354815]
    [quote author=egytony link=board=1;threadid=414;start=30#msg6086 date=1089096813]

i personally think all girls are hayawanat theyre just smart about it, they know what theyre doing

WOW, SO not true! I'm a girl. I'm not a haywana, I don't hate on other girls, and I absolutely HATE attention. LOL, I should be offended, but I find this oddly funny. Crazy kids. Hehehe. Well, good night everybody. Yalla, beace out!

i'm with marmoora on this one...that was the most terrible steretype EVER! i don't hate i congratulate! girls arn't always lookin for attention...and if thats what u think then...my friend, i don't know what to tell ya...
  • well im not a girl, hopefully u all knew that by now, but i have to say girls arnt haywanat, there just not undersanded by us men, which is a good thing or else life would be too perfect and easy,
    in a perfect world girls would acctually mean wat they say, they would be straight forward about their feelins, and theyd acctually tell guys wat they did wrong... now who wants that!

to be honest thou 4 a person to call girls animals, Mustn’t really know girls... then again i doubt girls even know girls.
  • sorry if my previous post above in any way offend any 1.
    plz 4 give me
  • lol u sound as if u have been married for years...
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=414;start=45#msg6612 date=1089523628]
    theyd acctually tell guys wat they did wrong... now who wants that!

ooooookay, so y don't they tell guys what they did wrong ::)
  • not married too young, lookin forward to that though, but i did grow up with an older sister, u learn and observe

mmatt95 im sorry i dont understand u agreein wit me or disin me...
  • neither, i was just wondering ???
  • then to answer ur question its a mystery, like i said i dont even think girls know ;D
  • lool

oh well...we'll never find out probably :-\
  • unless... nah to risky...
  • hey marmoora-barboora, id like ur opinion...
    ur very wise...
  • Marmar, ur da smart one...HIGH FIVE!

lol

So back on track guys,

well I think some gurls are all about attention that it totally enslaves them; "You are a slave to whatever has mastered you" and attention can master you and you will become a SLAVE to sin instead of a bondservant and son of God. Attention can be at the throne of your life glorified with all what you do, this goes for BOTH gurls AND guys....

Mike
  • stereotypes, stereotypes, stereotypes!
    i heard something from a friend of mine a few weeks back.... and i must say, he was right!
    he said how he learned from one of his bible study servants that the difference between girls and guys is that girls act on emotions... like literally theres an emotional side to ur brain, and thats what females act upon
    males act upon their like instinct part of the brain... thats y they seem to be stronger than girls (which we all know is totally not true.... but lots not get into that ;D jp)
    nywayz... yes, there are girls who love to get attention and love to tease and flirt with the guys, but then you have your girls who like to befriend and 'brotherize' some guy... afterall, thats what they're there for... to be our brothers, little brothers, twin brothers, and older brothers... nothing more... nothing less (until the proper age of course (53 sounds good to me :D)) anways...
    and girls dont hate each other... girls hold longer grudges than guys (not all girls though)... that can be true... but it depends on what kind of girls you hang out with
    so tony, sorry if you had this bad impression of girls, but maybe you should try to hang out with girls that would treat you as their brother and not as some guy they can act sleazy towards
    or... u can just take GJI's advice... girls CAN be mysteries, but not always
    deep down in every guy n girls hearts...... they know EXACTLY what they want.... it just has to be discovered!
  • ooooofffft u go girl, u even convinced my that girls are stronger than guys, which is probably true but, wat if it neva gets discovered...

any way im happy with ur point of view and i respect it... it doesnt dis any1, i hoope i didnt offend any1
    if so im sorry plz 4 give me

• i think i might change my mind about 'aussies' lol... jp i dont have a bad impression of u guys.... but thanx!