Clothes

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hehehe, now that we're done talking about tank tops, I'm curious to know your opinions about shorts. WHOA, that tank top thing was pretty heated. But in all seriousness, if we can waste an entire thread on tank tops (which, by the way, are NOT disgusting, wrong, or immoral), let's do one on shorts.

Comments

• Really?? I think that theres a time in life where a person has to make choices on their own... lets be honest if ur walking around in "booty" shorts do u think thats alright? not just from a religious standpoint... ur forceing pple to look... thus they can sin... im a gurl and if i see a gurl walking around with her self exposed i didnt have a choice, but i sure dont wanna see it... and i wouldnt force it on someone else...

But if ur at thebeach and got shorts on between going in and out of the water i mean its the beach... but thats just me :)

ASM
  • yeah, i totally agree about the whole "booty" shorts thing, but i don't think it's a sin to wear them. it's just inappropriate in church and inappropriate if they're above a certain length. i just wanna know what everyone else thinks, since no one ever voices their opinion about this.
  • aside from booty shorts, its the same as the tank top thread...
    if you wear real baggy, ankle leangth shorts, I dont really see a problem, but short daisy duke shorts are for attracting the opposite sex, there is no other purpose for it...
  • I don't know about anyone else, but I would never want to wear tight pink leather shorts. It's not appropriate for guys like me.
  • yo, the same answers that were given in the tanktops thread are the same answers that will be given here if people decide to post. look guys...wear watever you want, as long as your not falling into a sin, and your not giving somebody else the chance to fall into sin. I really do have a lot more to say about this, but there is no point because there's always gonna be that one person that just wants to argue and doesn't take anything that other people are saying into their heads. their's no point. honostly now, u guys know what you can wear and what u can't. you know what you shouldn't wear and what you shouldn't. i don't get how its ok to wear "booty" shorts [or watever their called], at the beach but not at church. just cus at church egyptians see you?? honostly now, if our church was all from another nationality like spanish or black, would you really feel the same way about it not being appropriate for church. if all the other girls wore it in church, would you still feel that its inappropriate for church? just think about that stuff for a little bit..pray for me..
  • "I don't know about anyone else, but I would never want to wear tight pink leather shorts. It's not appropriate for guys like me."
    speak for yourself NC ;)
  • LOL this is meant to be a sarcastic thread, I'm just tryin to say that you should wear whatever you want! WOW, you guys are pretty serious. Lighten up! Hehe, I think Paulh is the only one in here who caught the sarcasm. ANYWAYS, admins, I know you're gonna lock this topic eventually, since you lock or delete all my other ones, but I'm givin u a go ahead this time, aight?
  • [quote author=Paulh link=board=1;threadid=414;start=0#msg5847 date=1088835311]
    yo, the same answers that were given in the tanktops thread are the same answers that will be given here if people decide to post. look guys...wear watever you want, as long as your not falling into a sin, and your not giving somebody else the chance to fall into sin. I really do have a lot more to say about this, but there is no point because there's always gonna be that one person that just wants to argue and doesn't take anything that other people are saying into their heads. their's no point. honostly now, u guys know what you can wear and what u can't. you know what you shouldn't wear and what you shouldn't. i don't get how its ok to wear "booty" shorts [or watever their called], at the beach but not at church. just cus at church egyptians see you?? honostly now, if our church was all from another nationality like spanish or black, would you really feel the same way about it not being appropriate for church. if all the other girls wore it in church, would you still feel that its inappropriate for church? just think about that stuff for a little bit..pray for me..

just in response to the beach part, do u want me to goto the beach in my church clothes?? what i mean is there is a time and a place... i agree i think we should all be old enough to make that decision. i totally agree with what u said... cept the beach part (maybe cuz it was my post :-\) but what i was trying to say was at the beach u dont need to be all covered up... which is better walking around in a bathing suit or shorts and a tank top? ??? just practical... its another story when u do it so pple can stare at you... thats another thread in itself...

pple just have to use their own judgement!

ASM
  • [quote author=ASM link=board=1;threadid=414;start=0#msg5905 date=1088969911]

It’s a shame that everybody’s judgment these days is a conformity to the corrupt American society.
  • [quote author=Mark423 link=board=1;threadid=414;start=0#msg5906 date=1088970454]
    [quote author=ASM link=board=1;threadid=414;start=0#msg5905 date=1088969911]

It’s a shame that everybody’s judgment these days is a conformity to the corrupt American society.

Its the society we live in, what else can we compare to?
  • Please dont say Egypt....
  • Phew, guys, I'm trying to catch up here...Ok, I do agree some clothes can get u to sin even 2 tight pants that show off ur "shape" or tops with long sleeves, it depends on what kinda person u really are...

Mike
  • yea i guess..
  • [quote author=Mark423 link=board=1;threadid=414;start=0#msg5906 date=1088970454]
    [quote author=ASM link=board=1;threadid=414;start=0#msg5905 date=1088969911]

So because we like to wear clothes that are fashionable, that means we are conforming to the "corrupt American society?" WOW, I guess I'm goin' to hell then. Geez, lighten up. I'll be sure to wear my highwaters, turtle neck, and knee socks the next time I see ya buddy. Just cuz we don't dress like dorks doesn't mean we're goin' to hell. That's what I hear a lot: "OMG, what is she wearing?"..."WOW, I would NEVER wear that..." etc etc...Well, if YOU wouldn't wear it, maybe someone else WOULD! Don't focus on the physical appearance, focus on what's inside, ok? Later y'all.
  • but you express whats inside by what we see on the outside.
  • You cannot judge a book by its cover...

Mike
  • THANK YOU EPSALTOS! Finally someone who agrees with me. You CAN NOT judge a book by it's cover! That's my point but no one seems to get it!
  • [quote author=marmoora-barboora link=board=1;threadid=414;start=15#msg5991 date=1089085282]
    THANK YOU EPSALTOS! Finally someone who agrees with me. You CAN NOT judge a book by it's cover! That's my point but no one seems to get it!

Its a different story when half that books cover is ripped off... wearing almost nothing, some pple over due it. no ones saying dont dress nice but dress proper... i like nice clothes and nice things but i also keep in mind that i have to not only respect the pple round me but respect myself... if ur walking around with body parts hanging out... ur not respecting urself, you've just turned urself into a sexual symbol!

thats just generally speaking :)

ASM
  • honestly, it doesn't matter if a girl is in booty shorts and a tank top or full length pants and a sweater a guy is still a guy and therefore whatver u wear can be deemed inappropriate...same thing for a guy, it doesn't matter what u wear....wear what u want as long as i won't wanna throw up after i see u...and not to mention, theres a time and place for certain outfits...
  • Lol thanks for that graphic image you painted for us msm. lol. you're funny. yeah i agree tho, wear what you want as long as you dont mind being deemed a horrible label. peace out guys. good night.
  • [quote author=marmoora-barboora link=board=1;threadid=414;start=15#msg6048 date=1089090062]
    Lol thanks for that graphic image you painted for us msm. lol. you're funny. yeah i agree tho, wear what you want as long as you dont mind being deemed a horrible label. peace out guys. good night.

I agree MTM ur so funny, i wish i knew you!! u sound like u know what ur talking about! 8)

ASM
  • I don't know if any of you have heard the Kings of Comedy, D.L. Hughley's stand-up. I'll clean it up a bit for the board.

While I agree clothes are not essential, but external, and it depends on one's intent; first impressions can leave a mark. I am not saying if this is right or wrong, but people make judgments when they see you.
    Anyway, on to the joke (i am paraphrasing):

Women always say, "don't you call me a [prostitute], you don't know me, don't talk to ME like that just because I'm dressed this way!! its whats on the INSIDE that counts." I agree, it is what is on the inside that counts, but when people run up to a man with a badge and a gun, yellin for the police, You don't expect him to get offended and say, "oh why you think I'M a police officer? Just cause I'm DRESSED this WAY?!! How dare you!" Yeah, ladies it is whats on the inside that counts, but if someone sees you goin out and calls you a [prostitute], maybe its cause you wearin the uniform.
  • [move]^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^[/move]

SO true... thats a classic example... took the 'right' words outta mah mouth. i agree 115% (my random number)

ASM
  • lol! I heard that on a Chris Rock stand up! I guess they cheat off each other… “Just because I’m dressed like a cop doesn’t mean I am a cop!”

You may not be a dirty girl, but you’re in a dirty girl’s uniform…

Good stuff Thoma ;)
  • was it Rock, i thought it was DL... maybe I'm wrong
  • lol u guys are jokes....
    but as i was saying before, theres a time and place for certain outfits..........if someone chooses to represent themselves that way, then so be it...know what i'm saying?
    u shouldn't be judging them anyways ;)
  • See, you should dress like the son or daughter of God, however what u wear must be appropriate but that doesn't mean u have to be a fanatic wearing nekab or hegab, put this in consideration:

Number of things u need to remember while getting dressed up:

1. Will guys be there, if they will, then something that doesn't show much skin

2.House of God, well I have to wear my best and my most proper

3.Chillin with friends, why not a tank top and shorts

4.Sports, need to get air...

Mike
  • no matter what u wear around guys, they're still gonna look and think the same thoughts
  • Very true, however u can reduce that a bit, can't u??
    ;)

Mike
  • only cuz u asked so nicely :)