Told Ya So

edited March 2006 in Youth Corner
[b]Ok, I was thinking about something becuase me and my friends say it a lot. What do you guys think about saying i told you so? Is it ok? Sometimes, when people say it it hurts me, but I'm not sure. If you have any ideas, please post.

[glow=red,2,300][shadow=red,left]
love lots,
CopticChica21[/shadow][/glow]

Comments

• I think it depends on the situation and also on how you say it, do you say it calmly or are you all up in their face when you say it, it's wrong though if you hurt the others feelings, don't say it like you are always right, now that is just wrong, why would anybody try and hurt anybody's feelings, that is no way to act, that's all I really got to say for now!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • same i think on the sitaution and to who...like if it someone that done something wrong...and is seriously hurt from it then maybe that wouldnt be the best thing to say

however if ya talking with ur friends and u seem to disagree and then u turned out to be right..then by allmeans say whatever u want..unless it is down right rude of course... ;D
  • oh, i agree with you guys?

does anyone else have ideas?

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • yeah... u don't even have to say anything. being silent can be as effective, if not more, as saying something. w'ba3deen sa7batek doul ya3ny ma3moleen min 7adeed w'zarneekh, mosh hay7esoh wala eh??!! ;D akeed nas zayenah w'hayetkesfoh l'daragah mo3ayanah and that'll be enough for them. hope that helps!

salam :)
    Fibo
  • hello

what is the purpose of saying "told ya so"?

It just makes people feel bad and does nothing to change the situation!

Kristina123
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=13;threadid=3463;start=0#msg56785 date=1151226561]
    hello

what is the purpose of saying "told ya so"?

It just makes people feel bad and does nothing to change the situation!

Kristina123

i agree just makes things worse i gess

but for things lyk MarMar i think thats fine...

+FROG+
  • I use to allways say that to my friend and he would always GET SOOO MAD. So after that i stopped saying it to him..

Yeah i dont think saying it is appropriate cause it makes people try to avoid you and not want to talk to you.
    WWJD (what would Jesus do?) I dont think he would
  • i think that we should humble ourselves and not appear to be "Mr. Know it all" we should aim to comfort people not drag them down when they appear to already be down!
    saying i told u so makes u sound like u r tryin to be more superior to the other person. its not too nice.
  • yep makes things worse!
  • Told ya so doesn't really give the person your telling it to a feeling of friendship
    If your friend says something like "its ok we learn from these events and well try to be more careful," your friend is being a true friend, and is showing that they care for you.
    Being humble makes you a king (ex. Jesus Christ. The person's example we should be following)

Take a second to pray for me....thank you
  • i think 'first time ever i think about this thnx Monika for pointing out!' that it's rude cos i say it even to ppl older than me including my own parents :-[ i think it betta had not existed lol it's baaad it's to do with pride and boasting..
  • i think it depends on who ur tlkin to. if its lik ur close frnds i dont think ther gona get mad but ur tellin it to some stranger it will be offensive somehow
  • not just offensive it's like when i say it i know everything, and anyway everyone does mistakes so we should say it unless it was a big mosiba 'disaster lol'
  • Hey,

"Told yo so" doesn't necessarily mean that you are saying "I'm right, you're wrong", it depends on the tone of voice. "I'm right you're wrong" seem a little arrogant. Conversely, "I warned you, you should heed you're friend’s advice (especially if they're experienced)" is Christian. To rebuke your brother for sinning or doing something wrong in a humble manner is good.

Intentions are important too. If you warn a friend about something wrong, and he or she did not listen, you may tell them "I told you so" because I care about/ Love you." Christians shouldn't judge other when they do wrong, but simply warn them not to do the wrong way in a brotherly fashion.

Those who do not like being chastened should consider pride as factor. Admitting your fault and being humble is much better in the eyes of God then some one who is agitated when he or she is told that what they did is wrong.

Imagine how children would be brought up if they were free to do whatever they liked without consequences. On the other hand imagine if they were brought up very strictly, that they were not given the chance to make mistakes and learn from them, both are harmful methods.

[glow=blue,2,300]"A wise son heeds his father’s instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke." Proverbs 13:1 [/glow]

In the book of Matthew, Chapter 18, Jesus deals with rebuking a brother:

15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.

We must also be aware that Jesus said:

[glow=green,2,300]“Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye.” Luke 6:42.[/glow]

Offcourse we are not sinless, or perfect. We must be aware of our sins first, and remember them before we go and remind our brother and sisters of theirs; but we should still warn them in true love and care when they are doing the wrong thing.

Because pride is a great sin, and so is judging another.

Love and Peace,

His son