weddings

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
about what weddings....u kno how ppl dance especially the girls to arabic music and stuff there is nothin wrong with that right i mean its a wedding and im not tryin to get into what kind of dancing just dancing the arabic way like there is nothin wrong right its a WEDDING right...??

Comments

• sorry i kno i kind of posted something like this before but im still curious
  • i think it is all wrong.can u imagine ur FOC dancing in anyway ?!!
    and specially the arabic music... it is all for what u call dirty dancing,and for sure it creates lust for everyone hears it whether dancing on it or watching dance ....
  • but u c its a wedding not a funeral lol no offence
  • lets 4get this subject we argued about it b4 w/e but if anyone wants to say anythin tthen go ahead np :D
  • i don't see anything wrong with it!

i know abona's daughter dance like crazy! belly dance and she is sooo good!!

i danced in my big bro's wedding!

i really don't see anything wrong with it! the egyptian way of dancing is better than the american way of dancing!

GBWU

pray for my cuz since my uncle died i am not focusing on my college work!
    ur sis in faith
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • haha r u serious abounas daughter???!!!???! does abouna know lol
  • i can`t believe what u r saying !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if abouna`s daughter dance,this doesn`t mean that it is right !!!!!!!!!!!
    we consider listening to worldly songs a bad thing,what about dancing on it.can u dance in front of ur FOC or pope shenouda ?!!what about god who is always looking upon us !!!
    :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
  • one more thing,i know it is a wedding not a funeral and we r supposed to have fun ,but this fun must be in a spiritual way.our abouna taught us how to "rejoice in god".i have a tape for his engagment,u know how did he celebrate it? he made a full tamgeed lasted for about an hour .this is what u do when we celebrate any occasion,not to dance.
    sorry if my words are hard,forgive me.after all it is up to u ...
  • shnoods r u tellin me u never danced at a wedding? never
  • i am serious!

my abona's daughter danced and danced! and she is soooooooooo v.v.v.v.v..v. good!! but of course not infront of her dad! it was a birthday sleep over of one of the grls at church!!
    and she is soooo good at the eyptian way of dancing u-know belly dancing!!

so you guys need to tell me.... "Shnoda, Mazza, marmara327"
    if your brother or sister got married/engaged! would u dance????
    and it is the first of your siblings to get married/engaged!!

you dance cuz ur happiness and not cuz u want to show off or act bad!!
    and i do believe that god danced in the wedding of the galilm! but i am not sure where is that source at! it is where he turned the water to wine! that wedding he danced with st. mary!

p.s. i will find that refrence and i will post it!!

GBWU
    pray for me
    ur sis in faith
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • Here is a sermon by H.G. Bishop David on wedding receptions.

http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Sermons%2FBishops%2FH.G._Bishop_David%2F5.Bishop_David_s_Comments_on_Wedding_Receptions_%282003-11-08%29.mp3

I hope this answers your questions.

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • Have I danced before? Yes. Do I regret it? Deeply.

And if I was to have the chance to go back and do it all over again, I'd prevent people from doing it. Its simply wrong for reasons we've argued over and over again...
  • ok anymore replies?
  • may b ?!?!?!?!?!!?!? ??? :P
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=11;threadid=4369;start=0#msg60199 date=1157329768]
    may b ?!?!?!?!?!!?!? ??? :P

lol :P
  • we should be embassedors of Christ always is what my FOC told me!! so dancing no!! my cousin's wedding had soft music and a gr8 program that didnt have dancing included and we are still had a gr8 time and so fif the 400 guests!! i know for my wedding i hope to have a live jazz band that play music only... and that can be live entertainment for the night... but no dancing!! have speeches and an MC then people can mingle and everyone can catch up etc. and i agree with the fact taht just because a priests daughter danced it doesnt mean its right.. i know a priests son that swears a lot... does tat mean its right?? of course not... haram they are just human like us and we all have a weakness and sin.

i thnk it depends again at wat spirituality u are at...

it just doesnt make sense to come out of church and from a hily sacrament which marriage is and start dancing!! it just doesnt make sense and im sure God wouldnt agree with such a thing!??!
  • I remember Bishop Youseff said in a sermon that instead of inviting Christ, we are inviting the devil becuase of the dancing. Also because of alcohol but all these things are truly inviting the devil.
  • jesus never said alcohol was bad- they drank wine in his days- he only permitted it was bad if it is used excessively and for bad reasons.
    u guys dont remember the wedding at cana? he turned water into wine
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=11;threadid=4369;start=0#msg60121 date=1157190107]
    shnoods r u tellin me u never danced at a wedding? never

yes .... i never danced at a wedding and i will never even in my brother`s wedding.
    and i am not the only one who does so.all my friends and alot of guys at church.we don`t need to discuss this matter as we all know for sure it is wrong.i think it is the effect of the society u r living in.
    we as egyptians never thought of considering dancing as an acceptable thing.
  • I know priests that attend wedding receptions but they always leave at the belly dancing part (hint hint)
    Priests aren't party poopers but if you are one of those people striving to be like Jesus (which we all should be) i suggest following the example of the priest
    By the way using Abounas kids as examples is not a good habit
    I suggest always using Jesus as a person to follow, not abouna's family ( out of respect to his family)
  • jesus never said alcohol was bad- they drank wine in his days- he only permitted it was bad if it is used excessively and for bad reasons.
    u guys dont remember the wedding at cana? he turned water into wine

yea ur right... but in these days alchol is used by most as a way of getting drunk!! but can i jsut mention something i came across and tell me wat u think

1 Corinthians 6:10 lists drunkards among those who will not inherit the kingdom of God. "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, NOR DRUNKARDS, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Hosea 4:11 "Whoredom and wine and new wine take away the heart."

Proverbs 23:19-21, "Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: for the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty."

Isaiah 5:11, 22 "Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink. "

1 Corinthians 5:11, 13 "But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such a one, no, not to eat... therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person."
  • my oldest bro got married! and i danced! properly! non offended! with respect!

pray for me
  • There is no such thing as properly danced...look at the forum called "Is dancing wrong"
  • im with WWJD86 theres no such thing as proper dancing!! dude let ur yes be yes nad ur no be no! dont be lukewarm.
  • I recall someone at Church (a teacher or priest, I don't remeber) saying that the wine at the Wedding at Cana was non-alcoholic and that it was a type of grape juice...

Please forgive me and pray for me,

Godhelpme3691
  • there are different types of dances!
    and there are proper dancing and there are bad dancing ( as in that dance that black ppl do NON RACEIST COMMENET! and there is dirty dancing)
    proper there is slow dancing ( of course someone is not gonna dance with someone else of the opposite sex in front of the parents! cuz parents are gonna kill you when u get home!)
    there is TANGO ( that is ofcourse bad, cuz there is touchy and the male's hands go all over of his partner!)
    belly dancing ( to me i think it is ok, i grew up in egypt! and i have seen soo many ppl do it and there is no SIN about it) you are just dancing out of joy after the church ceremony!
    and to some ppl there dancing is like a hobby, for example: cheerleading ( i did cheerleading and nothing was wrong with it) and there is BALLETE ( sorry if i misspleaded it)

it depends on what kind of dancing you are talking about, and trust me when i say this if my mom and my dad (especially) saw me dancing in a way they think it is wrong (((( here comes the ugly part)))))............... I WOULD NOT BE ALIVE!!

pray for me
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • mira trust me ur not the ONLY one :o :o :o lol :P
  • stil think its wrong no matter what kind of dancing ur doing because u give the opposite sex opportunity to fall into lust with ur body movement
  • I agree with D33. Just because you are used to something doesn't justify it. I can be "used" to cursing, does that make it right?

My priest also said cheerleading was wrong due to two reasons. First of all, its in front of the world to see, and there are some moves that may be inappropriate, and because of the required outfits.