Is Myspace wrong?

2»

Comments

• [quote author=mtanious32 link=board=1;threadid=3289;start=30#msg55392 date=1148610681]
    I am sick and tired of this topic...We had a 3 hour discussion at Winter Retreat about this...a waste of time....we brought a police officer at our church to talk to us about the internet and myspace and all that....good and informational but waste of time...Myspace is not bad at all unless you use it in the wrong way to flirt with people or meet new people to "get with them."
    Myspace can be beneficial because they have Coptic Groups, yes that's right a person can make a group and make it private so you have to be Coptic, Egyptian or anything to get into the group, and in the group you can discuss anything like we do here on tasbeha.org...so myspace has its benefits, and has its detriments if you use it for wrongdoing...Thank you

Y not use tasbeha.org, and other coptic and/or christans sites that have groups. why not use yahoo groups which is a lot batter. why do we always have to be risky at everything. what's batter, standing 5 ft away from a fire that can be lit easily or standing 10 feet away?? you tell me?
  • Whoa, someone voted "MySpace is a spiritual thing"..that's hilarious!!
  • whoever voted that its a spiritural thing.....May God be with you....Myspace is definetely wrong....its a big waste of time....STAY AWAY

All it is is a site of sin
  • ok it wasnt me..BUT u can always turn it out to be...

SERIOUSLY..where u write say....

church announcememnts

you write a summary of the sunday skool lesson

u provid links of different churches and stuff

u can turn it up side down and make it pretty LOL
  • okay to be honest with all of you i have a myspace....and to me it all depends on how u use it.for me i use it to communicate with all my friends from out of town.but it really depends on how u use it.the bad way or the good way.

mary
  • exactly wat i was trying to say...it all depends on the way u use it!
  • yes....theres many ways like private..or not making it private for anyone else to see...its all on how u use it and who u talk to of course.
  • [quote author=basketball link=board=1;threadid=3289;start=30#msg60239 date=1157372598]
    yes....theres many ways like private..or not making it private for anyone else to see...its all on how u use it and who u talk to of course.

r we gonna really open this discussion again.
  • [quote author=WWJD86 link=board=1;threadid=3289;start=30#msg60227 date=1157356038]
    whoever voted that its a spiritural thing.....May God be with you....

i cracked up on that one lol
  • no seriously who put it is a spiritual thing?????? lol i definitly wanna know
  • haha i agree lollll :D
  • i wouldn't waste my time with this stuff.........
    some people spend hours on this thing
    unless your spreading the word of God or something like that....this stuff isn't worth the time
  • it really depend on how u use it like i have it but only my frnds tht i trust can tlk to me or comment me cuz u can put other ppl on block so as long as its on block ur safe!!

tht dont mean its absoultly spritual again it depends on how u wana use it and what is the reson

• i had a myspace for about 4.5-5 months. At first it was very addicting but thne i do not go  on it a lot. I dot think it is wrong if u put it on private and if you do not put up bad pictures of yourself up [especially if u r a girl] i felt guilty for a while about having one but then i said that i am not doing anytghihng wrong except talking to my friends

hope i helped

EgY
  • i asked my FOC about myspace
    he new alot bout it
    he told me just be carefull
    and maybee u should make it a religious profile
    4 example
    make ur lauout an angel, a cross, or our wonderfull Jesus Christ
    i hope i helped
  • Just so you guys know, Myspace was originally intended as a site where musicians can meet. sort of like a monster.com for musicians. However, it was turned into what it is today by individuals using it improperly. So yes, it does depend on how you use it. there are many people on Myspace who are using it to get their music and their art out there. For example, my church's band regularly posts announcements of their concerts on their page. Myspace is a site like any other. You can not rationally attribute to it any human qualities. It is an invention, a creation. The blame for its current condition is to be placed with those who use it inappropriately.
  • [quote author=copticluva link=topic=3289.msg68773#msg68773 date=1174169803]
    i asked my FOC about myspace
    he new alot bout it
    he told me just be carefull
    and maybee u should make it a religious profile
    4 example
    make ur lauout an angel, a cross, or our wonderfull Jesus Christ
    i hope i helped

I asked my FOC about Hi5 ( the same idea of myspace) and he told me that a place that i should deleted.