being a singer or famous is it ok

2»

Comments

• [quote author=blingblingzz327 link=board=11;threadid=4189;start=0#msg58185 date=1153950649]
    is it ok i mean something like nancy ajram if u guys kno who im talking about the lebanese singer mashoura in masr :D ;D

is our church against it whats your opinion- oh and by the way nancy is christian :D

and hani ramsi is christian- actor :)

whats your feedback ???

hani ramzy did st mena's movie. ;D
  • although i love hany ramzi but i think he disrespected what he did (st. mina`s film) by the films he is doing now.
    i.e. i saw most of his films and i like it as comic ones but still some of the scenes aren`t good,and he shouldn`t have done them.anyway,i am not a saint ,i still see such movies :-\
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=4189;start=30#msg58295 date=1154105100]
    Having the desire to listen to music, in my eyes, in and of itself is wrong. Any desire for anything that is not associated with Christ means that I am not fixing my eyes on the race I have to run, but rather I am losing my focus on the true prize. Can you tell me how watching a music video or listening to songs will benefit me spiritually? If you can answer that question I myself will listen to music.

What about Handel's Messiah? the whole peice is based on passages from the bible; quotes from the bible, set to music. My school used to perform it every year at christmas time. I both sang and played the trumpet in the famous "Halleluja Chorus". How is that sinful?

• who cares about Nancy.The church doesn't aprove of her anyways, that doesn't mean that u can never watch her but don't act or copy her,and dont think that her life is great
  • [quote author=marmara327 link=board=11;threadid=4189;start=0#msg58185 date=1153950649]

is our church against it whats your opinion- oh and by the way nancy is christian :D

nancy is a christian???? ??? didn't know that... i knew that she cursed mohamad on national t.v. and the anchor man beat her up!
    any-who
    i don't think it is wrong, cuz there are soo many actors who are christians ex: those who are doing the religious movies. saints movies, and jesus movies! and etc..... it is not a sin! like hany ramzy...... he did st. mina movie and god blessed you trible trible trible and look at him now!!!

pray for me
    GBWU
    mira
  • she really got beat up from that? :o
  • yeah she did.....
    the anchor man asked her.. " hey , do u like mohamad?" and nancy was like " oo....yes! i even named my dogs mohamad and ahmad!"
    he got up from his seat and slaped her around!
    but what she said was pretty good!!
  • lol she can nanme her dogs anmything she wants to lolc, i feel really bad for her now, because the people are going to want to kill her
  • Hello,
    I dont know but i really like nancy ajram but i never thought that she would be bad im not really sure about this! Good question maybe we should ask our abouna.

Juliann
  • Sorry girls and dudes...but who cares if Nancy A is a Christian or not? I think most of her fame comes from the fact that she uses her "physical" assets along with very inappropriate clothes to attract the public. Even if she has vocal talents, she still is famous mostly for the wrong reasons.

I think being an artist (male of female) who's famous because they make their fans lust after them is wrong no matter how talented they are.
  • WE DO lol jp jp but atleast she stood UP unlike the other celebs that shows she still is christian in some way.....correct me if im wrong :)
  • Use your talents to GLORIFY GOD! i doubt becoming a famous singer and actor is part of GLORIFYING GOD... we are told to be wise about the career paths that we choose so they do not contradict our religious beliefs (seeing our religion is our life)

you have to understand theres a certain lifestyle that comes along with being a singer and actor!! and you need to keep up with it to be successful! and that lifestyle goes against a lot of our beliefs... the parties the drinking the late nights at clubs etc.

look if ur main focus is Our Lord Jesus Christ then you wouldnt be thinkn about such careers as it would interfer too much with your spiritual life!!!

• [quote author=marmara327 link=board=11;threadid=4189;start=45#msg59732 date=1156696983]
    WE DO lol jp jp but atleast she stood UP unlike the other celebs that shows she still is christian in some way.....correct me if im wrong :)

ok i will correct you then...

Revelation 3:16
    So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.

i hope this is self-explanatory!
  • [quote author=D33 link=board=11;threadid=4189;start=45#msg59825 date=1156765610]
    Use your talents to GLORIFY GOD! i doubt becoming a famous singer and actor is part of GLORIFYING GOD... we are told to be wise about the career paths that we choose so they do not contradict our religious beliefs (seeing our religion is our life)

you have to understand theres a certain lifestyle that comes along with being a singer and actor!! and you need to keep up with it to be successful! and that lifestyle goes against a lot of our beliefs... the parties the drinking the late nights at clubs etc.

look if ur main focus is Our Lord Jesus Christ then you wouldnt be thinkn about such careers as it would interfer too much with your spiritual life!!!

Why would God bless people with talents of acting, and singing, if they were not to use it? It really IS us who have corrupted the whole music business. I agree w/katherine.

And whoever said u had to live that kind of lifestyle? If u truly love God w/all your heart your not going to do those things. You will WANT to inspire people, and encourage them through your songs.
    I don't listen to much arabic music, but what about fayrouz?
    I mean, she is a christian, and famous too. she used her talents to glorify God.

It all comes down to knowing yourself. If u can handle this, than why not pursue it as your career? (and the chances are slim anyway)
    But if you know you are going to struggle and fall into sin much more if you do this, than you are better off as you are.. singing/acting in the church or something like that. because then you wouldn't be destroying your spiritual life as well.

GBU,

laura
  • just in reagrds to what laura was saying...

It all comes down to knowing yourself. If u can handle this, than why not pursue it as your career? (and the chances are slim anyway)
    But if you know you are going to struggle and fall into sin much more if you do this, than you are better off as you are..

why would you take the risk??? do u have to touch the fire to know its hot??

do you not know or see how alluring temptation is?? why would you allow yourself to even come close to falling into sin!?!?!

if you have the talent as i said b4 use it to praise and glorify God, that could be with the church or like Mel Gibson did with the passions of the christ... or as many christian bands do...
  • im here with you Dee...

but sometimes (speeking on my behalf) u dont regard such a position as a sing..

becuase ur not PHYSICALLY doing anything..

does anyone get what i mean..

its nt a sin per seu ...but the encouragement of that type of music is..

do u get where i am going..
  • hey why glad u got wat i mean!!! lol looks like not everyone did and yes i get what u mean completely and i agree with u its not a sin per sai but the environment and the whole package of becoming a singer doesnt make it right!! lol amen sister!
  • aiight all gud :)