how do u control ur emotions

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
does the bible say anything about how to control ur emotions? how to deal with hurt and sadness? thanks

Comments

• The Bible says numerous times to trust and hope in the Lord and bring all your problems to Him and He will get you through the hard times.

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls. Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills." (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

So if everything seems down and sad and nothing is working and everything is failing, rejoice in the Lord and He will give you happiness and lift you up.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28)

Hope that helps
  • In the book of James 5:13-15, it says,
    "Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven."
    So if you pray to the Lord, he will lift your heart up in times of sadness. :)
  • thank you guys for all ur replies...i always read the psalms when im uppset and theyre alot of help thanks again for ur help
  • Psalm 27:14 (King James Version)

14Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm 27:14;&version=9;

Is this verse relevant maybe?

• ;) no problemm
  • [glow=red,2,300]P R A Y[/glow] 8)
  • ya

[move][glow=blue,2,300]praying[/glow][/move] is definetly the answer
  • control emotions?? put ur trust in the lord do show ur emotions in HIS WAY!!
  • Prayer is a powerful tool!!!

IN the psalms it says 'Be angry but do not sin" This verse validates that experiencing emotion is a very normal part of life but it is how we express it that may lead us into sin. When we are out of control with our anger, it leads us to sin whether it be by action or words. It is very hard to contain ourselves at times and we often act impulsively but i think its important to remember when you have identified that you are angry remove yourself from the situation before it escalates and pray The Lord Prayer emphasising the part of forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation. When we are angry or experience negative emotion the devil tempts us to act in devilsh ways ways that displeases Christ.

God bless you! I pray that God gives his children the wisdom to think before we act so that we can control ourselves and prevent problems from ocurring in our lives
  • Wow i like that Mary .. thx
  • i know it is wrong what i am gonna say,
    but i run away from whatever that is making me sad and upset!!
    cuz i wouldn't wanna face it

bentBABAyasooa`