PLEASE HELP --- should i tell him??

edited August 2006 in Personal Issues
Ok this is what i wanna know... Should a Girl ever initiate a relationship with a guy or should she just wait for the guy to show interest first???

i mean traditionally its the guy that makes the first move... GUYS what do YOU think????

Would u like the girl to make the move?? or does that make the girl seem desperate??? and untradiontal???

such a delimah :-[

Comments

• lol ur cute..but may i ask..is this as in premature dating...

OR marriage propsal?? or as in GONNA GET mariied type of relationship asking...??

casue that makes a HUGE difference!!
  • its definitly a pre-marital relationship - a 'i wanna get to u know' kind of thing... lol

get me??

its not immature or anything... we are both in our last semester at university and about to enter work life... i'm 21 and his 22 yrs old... and we are both mature in our thinking...

hmm anything else u need to know???

i just wanna know is it a put off if i make the first move... u know wat i mean???

im praying very hard for Gods Guidance and i really want Gods will in my life... so i am asuming not to tell him and let God work his wonders... but patience is not my best virtue!!! lol :-\
  • wel the gurls 21 'why' lol

anyways, if he shows a keen interest and if u wana think of going along the path of a 'commitment type' relationship, before you say anything, talk about it to your father of confession and see what he says. i personally cant tell you yea, go for it---but as i say, its the 21st century, howver, tradition is still common.
  • Well he hasnt shown keen interest in me so thats whats holding me back!!! its a hopeless case i know...
    its just driving me crazy seeing him at church and in social events and not being able to show him how i feel... i mean im not one to muck around either... this is a serious thing for me and i would never wanna screw things up by talkin to early

i really want a guys opinion on weather its a put of or not.!! lol

come on boys!!!! give a gal an answer!!

thanks for the help mazza
  • As a seventeen year old, i cant tell you much about how a guy would feel at that age. But i can tell you one thing...
    ....Wait and be PATIENT!

Im not very experienced on these topics but i can say that God will arrange things for you. Being 21 and really committed doesnt mean you will be ready for marriage and such. You must give it time.

On a side note: If hes not interested, sont push it. It may destroy that friendship you have with eachother and God wouldnt want that...

Hope i Helped

+CD+
  • Thanks heaps!!! you know what you said

On a side note: If hes not interested, sont push it. It may destroy that friendship you have with eachother and God wouldnt want that...

i needed to hear exactly that!!!!!

thank you very much!!

but if anyone has any other opinion let me know...

p.s your very right about the not ready for marriage thing... all in Gods time i guess!
  • as a 21 boy,i would like to tell u something.
    if u take the first step and tell him about ur feelings,this may give him false feeling that he likes u too.most guys like the feeling of being loved .... but after a while when he is completely mature (which u can`t be sure of till now as i think ) he will find his true love and then he will know that he doesn`t love u,he likes u as a friend or sister but not as a woman to marry.... this hurts girls and affects them more than boys,doesn`t it? u must be more careful.
    so i think u should give him time to meet more girls and see different personalities,and if he finally finds that u are the best ,then u will be sure that he is mature enough.
    as u and others guys said,leave it in god`s hand.he knows what is the best for us.
  • If you want advice.......PRAY.
    HE will reveal the answer to you.
  • Approach the guy with full confidence and whole-heartedly but do not show your feelings about him, but express interest only. So that this does not ring "this girl wants to go further" alarm. Participate in activities together, exchange numbers if you have not done so...try to enter this through a friendship first, not initiating with direct love. His actions will show his love toward you, most likely not his words. Try to touch/taste his atmosphere regarding your newly established relationship. You probably know all of this, lol.

May the Holy Spirit be between you two and God's will be fufilled for the both of you.

PEACE
    <><
  • Shoofy ya ostaza D33, I wana tell you something, I do really suggest that you wait, I'm a 22 year old guy and I'm telling you to wait. Try to make a good friendship first with him so that he can understand you better and know exactly who you are lol. Otherwise if you go straight like this it will be a bit hard and he might understand you wrong. Lol i need to tell you something, i know really well that patience in these matters is very tough and every minute passes while you don't know the feelings of the person you love is like years, I'm in a similar situation as yours, but even though I'm the guy i haven't tried to tell my girl yet, because telling her might cause everything to be devestated. Just wait a bit lol, and actually do you have idea at all about how her feels about you? like does he consider you a good friend or not? is he close to you and are you close to him or not? does he tell you masalan some of his secrets, if he does then I'm telling you that you are in the right path because guys never tell their secret to a girl except if they are in love with her. Again Pray Pray Pary and wait for God's response, I know that sometimes its too hard to wait because I feel the same, but think about it if you told him and then (God forbids) it didn't work out, what would you do. I suggest that you try to understand how he feels about you first through friendship and then think what you might do next. Hope that this helps

Baladoos
  • shnoda....
    thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!! this is exactly wat i wanted to know!!! haha your a legend thank you again!! i'm just very excited at the fact that i know how a guy would think about a situation like that...
    its hard to sit back and do nothing

just in reply to IwaNNHC... thank you for your advice also... i think along the same line as you but i've done that so now im just leaving it to God completely!

thank you Godhelpme3691 i am praying and i am just waiting for an answer!! pray for me :)

thank you for your advice if anyone else has any other views let me know you have all helped gr8ly!

cheers.
    :-* :-* :-* :-*
  • baladoos--- thank you for your reply... just to asnwer your questions...

Try to make a good friendship first with him so that he can understand you better and know exactly who you are lol.

ok gr8 idea.. i've done that... we serve in the same church and its gr8! we get to see eachother a lot and sometims when we go out with friends i invite him out with us and he comes along.

i know really well that patience in these matters is very tough and every minute passes while you don't know the feelings of the person you love is like yours,

yea patience is not my virtue at all baladoos but i have no choice but to be!

and actually do you have idea at all about how her feels about you? like does he consider you a good friend or not? is he close to you and are you close to him or not? does he tell you masalan some of his secrets,

umm... ok we are good friends... we do a lot of services and prayers together... like we both do tasbeha and go to the same mass and serve highschool in sunday school we use to do other services together but taht has died down unfortunately for reasons that i can't change. He does consider me a good friend but he dosnt show any extra attention to me... sometimes i thought he did but i can't really tell... but generally speaking we are fairly close friends. does he tell me his secrets... no he doesn't but he updates me on how things are going in life.. and if anything new has come up etc. but we went through a stage wen we talked a lot and got to know the way eachother think and so far it seems that we have the same ways of dealings with issues and have the same thoughts... but i pulled away because i didn't want to give him too many signs or anything like that... i really want it to come from him (i'm very traditional)

so what do you think??? hehe
  • Lol i said this alot on the forumns.........Be the Eve that God brought to Adam when he was lonely ; )
    Yalla salee wa Rabena maake
  • [quote author=davidschanter link=board=10;threadid=4350;start=0#msg59760 date=1156724086]
    Lol i said this alot on the forumns.........Be the Eve that God brought to Adam when he was lonely ; )
    Yalla salee wa Rabena maake

lol daviddddddd elaborate habiby!!!! hahaha

• Look D33, what you have done is great so far, I know exactly what you mean by (I want it to come from him), I again suggest that you wait, sada2eeny its better for you. I'm telling you that because I'm a guy in his age and I know how guys think. But again that doesn't mean that you don't talk with him completely. What I suggest you to do is that you be close to him, let him feel that you care for him as a friend, and that will grab his attention and might make him start looking at you with a different look, but again watch out because you know the egyptian community really well, and how much they love to talk, so do it with complete wisdom, talk with him, open other subjects with him and see how he reacts, if he likes it, then continue talking to him but don't show so so much care so that he doesn't understand you wrong (hope you get what I mean). But again don't worry so much, i know that love is a very worry thing, coz like what i told you before, I'm in love as well, but I don't know how the girl that i love feels about me and I decided not to tell her, simply because it's not the correct timing. For your case just calm down and pray, most importantly pray and open the subject with your FOC and tell him everything without hiding any details. Now with your guy, can't you feel at all that he has masalan another girl in mind? if he doesn't, then don't worry so much, just be a close friend to him and let GOD work. you can PM anytime if you need anyhelp or anything.

Yalla rabena ma3aki
  • hey baladoos...

i will wait! hehe dont worry im completely convinced thats the right thing to do!!!

i know how our community is and i am always speaking with him ith caution hehe

i have opened up subjects with him to see his way of thinkin and thats why i said before that so far we do think n the same level.

i am very close wit my FOC and i will discuss it with him further wen i go to see him next.

Now with your guy, can't you feel at all that he has masalan another girl in mind?

well to tell you the trueth he doesn't talk to many girls... he treats everyone equally but i know that he does talk to me more then other girls.

thank you for ur advise... muchly needed :)
    i hope things with u and ur girl work out for u... has she given out any signs or anyhting?? wats ur situation??
  • hey,
    u r a girl, and u might not like the idea of telling your parents! try abona and see....
    cuz abona might know him better than you! and he will tell you what to do in these situations!
    does he like.... flirt with any girls??? that u saw ??? if soo...then he is not for you!
    and if not...
    the you really should wait! and don't be all over him and following him around.... give him space! and watch his actions v. closely!
    if you have a brother then let him ask around about him!
    if you heard any bad rumor abt him then he is not for you!
    reputations counts
    GBWU
  • hey matey...

well... he doesnt flirt with other girls... but his not much of a flirt to begin with... my mum knws bout him n so does my bro.. (not father) i try not to hang around him often (i usually do the complete opposite actually and not alk to him much!! i let him come to me lol) i hvnt soken to his confession father because i dont feel the need to at the moment... i know that he hsnt been around or anyhting like that... and his a gr8 guy with a good reputation.

im just hanging around and waiting to see if anything happens and if its from God or not...

thanks for your help!!
  • abona might know alot about him than you do!
    and that is good! don't through your self on him! let him come to you! and let him start the conversation first! but u-know... don't take it to the extreme!!!
    any-who
    you sound like he is wonderful! don't worry if you guys are meant to be then nothing will stand in your way! if not then god has somen else better for the both of you!
    GBWU
    p.s.
    try to know more and more and more about him! when you talk with him!
  • Ok ppls I have a completely differnt opinion and here it is

Whats this waiting business. What are u waiting for?????
    If he likes u, he likes u, & if he doesnt then he doesnt, His properly made an opinion of u already all u have to do is find out what it is.
    Whats the point of waiting yrs to find out he doesnt like u ???

Carpe Diam, I love that saying its latin for "SIEZE THE DAY"

Shnoda went on about let him see other girls, but his gonna fall in love and DEE will neva get the chance. especially if he doesnt know that she likes him. I dont believe there is such a thing as "false love" love is love. it mite fade but it is certainly not false.
    and i dont think he will go out with her for the fun of it. but thats for DEE to make a judgement on his personality.

Heres another great saying
    "Its beta to have loved and lost then neva to have loved at all"

I personally thing you need to get something started IT WILL NOT WRECK UR FRIENDSHIP, ok you will feel uncomfortable around each other for a while but then it will go back to normal and more importantly it will make him start thinking about if its meant to be.

Lastly i wanted to say praying is good but the Lord will only take u so far then its up to u to do the rest, The Lord isnt gonna ask him out for u.

try spending heaps of time with him and the Lord will grant u the opportunity and courage to talk about a relationship thats where the patience is. who knows he just mite surprise u and ask u out b4 u have a chance to say anything.

Sorry for the long post, it looks like an essay! ;D
  • hey drumaboy...
    i really like wat u said about my situation... just one thing... i think its better to leave things to God because he has a bigger understanding of ours lives and where it should be heading... see i think maybe im just a lil more cautious with who i give my heart to. and im sure u understand this also.
    but i get wat u mean about wat u said...

If he likes u, he likes u, & if he doesnt then he doesnt, His properly made an opinion of u already all u have to do is find out what it is

sometimes i just think taht way and say why dont i just say it to him and see wat he thinks then move on!! lol maybe i should have! but in doing that i feel as though i'll be forcing him to make a decision wen i would rather have it come naturally!

"Its beta to have loved and lost then neva to have loved at all"

i agree thats why i have no regrets!

try spending heaps of time with him and the Lord will grant u the opportunity and courage to talk about a relationship thats where the patience is.

wel ur right and i have and something he did on the wkend sort of or really bothered me and put me off... its nothing major just something little... but i think its God telling me back off a lil for now... and i also got an answer as i was praying and reading the bible... im getting the feeling that God is telling me to continue with my service because its not time for me yet... so i am doing just that... and not worrying about this topic anymore and going to continue living for Christ!

thanks for ur help drumaboy and everyone else! your all legends!

cheers.
  • this verse
    Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

can someone interpret it for me to do with my situation because when i read it i took it as though God was telling me to wait and not to be anxious for him or for this situation. but at the same time i should still pray about it...

anyone think something else???
  • thats an awesome verse that can definetly be related to your situation. Im assuming it means you shouldnt get too caught up in the things you are asking from God, but simply tell God your request and leave it up to Him. Dont fret or get worrried about what willll ultimately happen.

If we trust in the Lord, we won't be afraid to wait. We will not seek to pick a partner for ourselves (ahead of God's timing)... out of fear that we might lose the best by waiting.

God is well able to safeguard the best for us in every realm. When we grab impatiently, we invariably miss the Lord's best. The Bible says that "he who believes.....will not make haste" (Isa. 28:16).

just a side note....Finding a 'soul mate' — someone who will complete us, proposes some issues because by looking to another human to complete us is, spiritually speaking, idolatry. We are to find our fulfillment and purpose in God . . . and if we expect our spouse to be 'God' to us, he or she will fail every day. No person can live up to such expectations. Instead when entering a marrriage, one should strive to have a heart-companionship with their spouse and grow together in Christ.
  • Hi... that was awesome!!
    thank You SO much for ur interpretation... i agree completely with you... that was the msg i got from the verse... and thank God i interpreted it that way also... because now... God has revealed a lot to me since that tells me that i should wait upon my request... i now actually have this guy out of my head completely!!
    and it will take a lot to get him back in there.

your right about ...

We will not seek to pick a partner for ourselves (ahead of God's timing)... out of fear that we might lose the best by waiting.

that is soo right! and true!! that is why we seek a partner because we're afraid that we miss out! Gotta say it makes so much sense once said outloud.

thanks again maryann07.
  • no problem...im glad i helped :)
  • maryann u stink take a shower